Author Topic: Galactic Heroes Thread  (Read 352219 times)

Offline King_Maul

• Jedi Apprentice
    • View Profile
Re: Playskool Galactic Heroes Thread
« Reply #1035 on: October 7, 2008, 06:35 PM »
I just ordered the available holiday themed GH set on HTS.com using the 20% off plus free shipping code - FALL20.

I got 3 out of the 4.  The Stormtrooper, Vader, and Fett set was out of stock.

Offline ruiner

• Jedi Master
  • raised to be lowered
    • View Profile
« Reply #1037 on: October 8, 2008, 05:21 PM »
Wow, $7.99 for the new 2 packs...

Offline Brian

• Jedi Sentinel
    • View Profile
« Reply #1038 on: October 9, 2008, 09:57 AM »
Shoot, I missed the new waves, but hopefully they'll be up for order again soon.  The $7.99 per pack price is kind of scary though.  This used to be a nice little "cheap" line to collect, but it appears the price increases are in full effect here now too.  What did these start out at, like $4.99 (or less), and now we're up to $8 (and the sad part is, HTS is often cheaper than retail - so who knows what we'll pay at Target/TRU/WM).  I see that the Skiff is now up there as well (along with the Dagobah X-Wing).

Offline Jeff

• Administrator
  • Jedi Elder
  • Leave me where I lie
    • View Profile
    • www.JediDefender.com
« Reply #1039 on: October 9, 2008, 10:24 AM »
so who knows what we'll pay at Target/TRU/WM). 

When I was at Target the other day, I noticed they hiked the price up to $6.99 for the 2-packs and $21.99 for the Cinema Scenes. 

I counted the other day and we have over 150+ GH figures at our house...  :o   That fact, plus the latest price hikes, means it's time to stop I think.  I'll probably still grab the box sets if they have a cool enough prize (like that upcoming Snowspeeder set), but I think that we're done with the 2-packs for the most part (though I'd probably also end up buying new Han or Cantina Alien sets  ::)).
« Last Edit: October 9, 2008, 10:25 AM by Jeff »
Editor-in-Chief  - www.JediDefender.com
On Twitter?  Follow JediDefender -> @jedidefender

Offline Brian

• Jedi Sentinel
    • View Profile
« Reply #1040 on: October 9, 2008, 11:30 AM »
When I was at Target the other day, I noticed they hiked the price up to $6.99 for the 2-packs and $21.99 for the Cinema Scenes. 

I counted the other day and we have over 150+ GH figures at our house...  :o   That fact, plus the latest price hikes, means it's time to stop I think.

Yeah, I'm wondering if others will start thinking the same.  I think for a lot of us, at least for myself, this was a fun little "side line" that was affordable to keep up on.  Although its great that Galactic Heroes has gotten more attention lately with more figures, new ships, and plenty of Cinema Scenes - its made it a little tougher to keep up.  Like you said, couple that with price increases, and it makes you think twice.  I've always wavered on the prequel ones the way it is (although we have most of them in our house somewhere I think), I'll probably continue on with the OT-based ones.  I've often been curious where the line would head in that aspect, because they have covered a lot of the "big names" there.  Sure, the basic Hasbro line has as well, but I'm not sure that people would be willing to pick up "all new" versions of ANH Han, Tat Luke, etc.  They could always do new "poses", but I don't know if people would be re-buying as much as it seems to happen in the 3 3/4" line.

I think I'll continue with the OT ones, or at least like you said, the cinema scenes.  I like the Snowspeeder that's on the way, and I'm sure there will be other spiffy stuff in the future that will be tempting.  Plus, like I mentioned, our daughter enjoys playing with these too, so its a little bit easier to justify bringing them into the house.  I do think its time to think about how many more of these we need though.  I've never counted them up like you Jeff, but I'm guessing there's somewhere around that many here too - which is crazy when you think about it.  I kind of got into these prior to having a kid, because I liked them and they were kind of a cheaper alternative to Kubricks for me (I'm not saying they are as good, but they were along the same lines to me).  When our daughter liked them as well and wanted to play with them, all the better.  I know that oil prices are high and all that, but Hasbro (and other toy companies for that matter) might start pricing people out of their lines (or becoming much more selective) if this economy continues.

Offline The Stolen CCG License

• Jedi Initiate
    • View Profile
« Reply #1041 on: October 11, 2008, 05:25 PM »
I only want the Dragon Snake from those sets. Don't think i can justify a purchase even though i did basically buy the other set just for the Nexu  ::)

It's funny that I have your exact same attitude on that dragonsnake.  Maybe it's because we actually see the Nexu on screen?  Because the Reek was always essentially 1/3 of an incomplete set?  Because I'm simply not giving my kids a 3rd X-Wing (or a 4th like 2 months later), yet disposing of a cool Dagobah specific X-Wing we don't have is somehow different than disposing of extra figures we do?

Seriously, I've enjoyed complaining about the Nexu for months... but I don't even like THINKING about that Dagobah set.  Still, neither is going to compare to the inevitable Nexu/Aaklay set. 

Offline Keonobi

• Jedi Knight
    • View Profile
« Reply #1042 on: October 20, 2008, 09:43 AM »
KMart has a sale on GH Cinema Scenes this week, $14.99!  I stopped at two, but didn't really find anything I wanted.  Might be worth a look if there are any KMarts still open in your area.
I am not the Stig

Offline Brian

• Jedi Sentinel
    • View Profile
« Reply #1043 on: October 20, 2008, 10:54 AM »
I see the Clone Wars Galactic Heroes are in stock at HTS again (shipping 8-10 days).  I couldn't find the Obi-Wan/Cody set, but the rest seem to be there, for anyone interested.

Offline Rune Haako

• Jedi Apprentice
  • I'm a llama!
    • View Profile
« Reply #1044 on: October 20, 2008, 03:38 PM »
http://www.entertainmentearth.com/prodinfo.asp?number=HS87706

Star Wars Galactic Heroes Assault on the Death Star #2 Set

The amazing Star Wars Galactic Heroes several awesome Galactic Heroes: Jek Porkins, General Jan Dodonna, and R5-D4. What's more, this set has a spiffy X-Wing Fighter!

http://www.entertainmentearth.com/prodinfo.asp?number=HS87936

Star Wars Galactic Heroes Snowspeeder on Hoth Set

Includes Luke, Dak, and a Probot.
« Last Edit: October 20, 2008, 03:39 PM by Rune Haako »

Offline David

• Jedi Knight
  • EchoBaseNews.com
    • View Profile
« Reply #1045 on: October 20, 2008, 09:03 PM »
Star Wars Galactic Heroes Assault on the Death Star #2 Set

The amazing Star Wars Galactic Heroes several awesome Galactic Heroes: Jek Porkins, General Jan Dodonna, and R5-D4. What's more, this set has a spiffy X-Wing Fighter!

Holy ******* ****! :o
David Delgado
Owner
EchoBaseNews.com
Keeping Star Wars Cool Since 2008!

Offline Jeff

• Administrator
  • Jedi Elder
  • Leave me where I lie
    • View Profile
    • www.JediDefender.com
« Reply #1046 on: October 20, 2008, 10:02 PM »
Holy ******* ****! :o

Aren't these just the sets that they showed at SDCC?

Editor-in-Chief  - www.JediDefender.com
On Twitter?  Follow JediDefender -> @jedidefender

Offline David

• Jedi Knight
  • EchoBaseNews.com
    • View Profile
« Reply #1047 on: October 20, 2008, 10:05 PM »
Well I either new saw/forgot the Porkins one. I've never really gotten into this line, but I do pick up a few that I like here and there. The Porkins set is a must-have! :D
David Delgado
Owner
EchoBaseNews.com
Keeping Star Wars Cool Since 2008!

Offline Jayson

• Jedi Sentinel
  • I am one with the Force and the Force is with me
    • View Profile
    • www.yakface.com
« Reply #1048 on: October 20, 2008, 10:09 PM »
Is R5-D4 different than R5-D8? (Other than the name obviously)
Yakface.com Owner/Content Manager
Follow me on Twitter - @yak_face / @JediJaybird

Offline iFett

• Jedi Sentinel
  • wabbit hunter
    • View Profile
« Reply #1049 on: October 22, 2008, 09:11 PM »
Picked up the Skiff & Dagobah X-Wing sets tonight at the K-Mart.

Not a bad deal at $15 a pop.
Learn new skills at home that some consider to be.....unnatural.  Easy repayment terms.  555-PLPTN