Author Topic: 25th Anniversary Line  (Read 200864 times)

Offline CHEWIE

• Jedi Sentinel
    • View Profile
G.I. Joe Toys Thread
« Reply #1185 on: June 4, 2008, 01:58 PM »
Decided to break down and buy two Vipers today.  They kind of suck.  Great look to them, but can't even hold the damn gun.

I think I'll be meshing parts with the Cobra Trooper and see if I can make something more to my liking.

Offline Paul

• Retired Staff Member
  • Jedi Knight
    • View Profile
G.I. Joe Toys Thread
« Reply #1186 on: June 4, 2008, 02:16 PM »
Anybody know of any other Joe sites that have QnA's beyond Hisstank, Yojoe, & Cooltoyreview?  Looks like a batch just came out and I'd love to read up on more responses.
It is a version of what Matt does for us with Star Wars and Indy questions.  You have to click to each one though.

http://www.generalsjoes.com/qanda.html

Offline iFett

• Jedi Sentinel
  • wabbit hunter
    • View Profile
G.I. Joe Toys Thread
« Reply #1187 on: June 4, 2008, 02:22 PM »
That's what I've been looking for all this time! 

Thanks Paul!   ;D
Learn new skills at home that some consider to be.....unnatural.  Easy repayment terms.  555-PLPTN

Offline CHEWIE

• Jedi Sentinel
    • View Profile
G.I. Joe Toys Thread
« Reply #1188 on: June 4, 2008, 07:59 PM »

^ So apparently this exclusive has Star Wars type of articulation/tooling/etc.

Nice!  If the whole line was made like Star Wars figures, I'd be ****** though.  No way could I pass figures up then.

Offline Ben

• Jedi Master
    • View Profile
    • greatest blog ever written.
G.I. Joe Toys Thread
« Reply #1189 on: June 4, 2008, 10:24 PM »
I can totally see that body being used for new versions of Tomax and Xamot in the near future.

I hope this exclusive isn't a complete pain to get like Pimp Destro last year. What a joke that was.
don't you know there ain't no devil, there's just God when he's drunk

Offline Jesse James

• Staff Member
  • Grand Master
  • Slippery When Poopy
    • View Profile
    • JediDefender.com
G.I. Joe Toys Thread
« Reply #1190 on: June 4, 2008, 11:21 PM »
Could that, perhaps, be the base for Toht in the Indiana Jones line?  Or any numerous IJ characters in suits (Gestapo, Dr. Jones, etc.)?  Maybe just Hasbro's way of milking it.
2011 Rebel Fleet Trooper Gets My Seal Of Approval!  But Where's The Friggin' Holster On Him!?
Jedi Defender.com Contributing Editor, Twitter @JediDefender & @Jesse_James77

Offline Jeff

• Administrator
  • Jedi Elder
  • Leave me where I lie
    • View Profile
    • www.JediDefender.com
G.I. Joe Toys Thread
« Reply #1191 on: June 4, 2008, 11:36 PM »
Could that, perhaps, be the base for Toht in the Indiana Jones line?  Or any numerous IJ characters in suits (Gestapo, Dr. Jones, etc.)?  Maybe just Hasbro's way of milking it.

One of the Q&A answers said...

This figure has an Indy/SW articulation. The only way to do this figure was to share the tooling with Indy;

I don't know if they mean "share the tooling with Indy", as in an actual Indy figure (Professor Jones?) of just a figure in the Indy line (maybe Toht like you said).  Should be interesting to find out!
Editor-in-Chief  - www.JediDefender.com
On Twitter?  Follow JediDefender -> @jedidefender

Offline Jesse James

• Staff Member
  • Grand Master
  • Slippery When Poopy
    • View Profile
    • JediDefender.com
G.I. Joe Toys Thread
« Reply #1192 on: June 4, 2008, 11:45 PM »
Very...   :)  Thanks Jeff, I missed that.

I see it has the hankie in the pocket (I think?), but Jones did in his government arguing suit, as well as Toht of course.

I think Jones' suit was single breasted though, and isn't this a double-breasted?  My money is that this is the Toht body.
2011 Rebel Fleet Trooper Gets My Seal Of Approval!  But Where's The Friggin' Holster On Him!?
Jedi Defender.com Contributing Editor, Twitter @JediDefender & @Jesse_James77

Offline iFett

• Jedi Sentinel
  • wabbit hunter
    • View Profile
G.I. Joe Toys Thread
« Reply #1193 on: June 5, 2008, 02:59 PM »
I noticed today that Target finally pulled their Joe vehicles from the back and put them on clearance for $6.98. 

Not a bad deal if you ask me.   :)
Learn new skills at home that some consider to be.....unnatural.  Easy repayment terms.  555-PLPTN

Offline Brian

• Jedi Sentinel
    • View Profile
G.I. Joe Toys Thread
« Reply #1194 on: June 9, 2008, 12:47 PM »
The Star Wars lull strikes again, I received a handful of Joes from some HTS orders over the weekend including the Dreadnoks (comic pack and Buzzer) that I had passed on so far, as well as Snake Eyes Parka and Major Bludd.  I believe a Viper and HISS Driver should hit today or tomorrow as well.  Then I think I just need to find a Wild Bill until Wave 9 hits.  Then I'm going to wind down on these...really...seriously...I hope.

Offline iFett

• Jedi Sentinel
  • wabbit hunter
    • View Profile
G.I. Joe Toys Thread
« Reply #1195 on: June 9, 2008, 05:15 PM »

Offline JACKOFTRADZE

• Jedi Knight
  • The Battle Rages On!!!
    • View Profile
    • JCKOFTRADZE Customs
G.I. Joe Toys Thread
« Reply #1196 on: June 10, 2008, 09:30 AM »
So, the AVAC uses the Hiss driver body and Zartan's legs. Looks pretty good, I am really hoping Alpine & Sgt. Slaughter will get made before the movie line hits. So many great Joes so little time.....
« Last Edit: June 10, 2008, 09:32 AM by JACKOFTRADZE »
My Customs & Collection Blog:
http://jackoftradze.blogspot.com/

Offline efranks

• Jedi Knight
  • Eric Franks
    • View Profile
G.I. Joe Toys Thread
« Reply #1197 on: June 10, 2008, 10:45 AM »
I'm really hoping for Low-Light.  I'd also like to see Recondo, Airborne and Dial-Tone.

E...
"I sell the drugs that keep you people from seeing dragons at night." - Gus "Psych"

Offline Paul

• Retired Staff Member
  • Jedi Knight
    • View Profile
G.I. Joe Toys Thread
« Reply #1198 on: June 10, 2008, 12:19 PM »
I think "Sgt. Airborne" was on one of the Store Computer lists somewhere.

I want a Recondo for sure.

Offline iFett

• Jedi Sentinel
  • wabbit hunter
    • View Profile
G.I. Joe Toys Thread
« Reply #1199 on: June 10, 2008, 01:32 PM »
What do you guys think about a (re) release of the Cobra Hydrofoil?  I know that they released it a few years ago, but I believe it was repainted to be a Joe vehicle.  I wasn't into Joes at the time so obviously I didn't pick it up.  Not sure what TRU charged for it, but I'm sure Hasbro could crank this sucker out being the only larger vintage vehicle that still has a mold - that we know of.