Author Topic: 25th Anniversary Line  (Read 200704 times)

Offline efranks

• Jedi Knight
  • Eric Franks
    • View Profile
G.I. Joe Toys Thread
« Reply #1245 on: June 20, 2008, 02:24 AM »
That Clutch is a good looking figure.  But the Duke arms...  ::)

E...
"I sell the drugs that keep you people from seeing dragons at night." - Gus "Psych"

Offline Ben

• Jedi Master
    • View Profile
    • greatest blog ever written.
G.I. Joe Toys Thread
« Reply #1246 on: June 20, 2008, 05:16 AM »
Looks like I'm going to hate the Tele-Viper. Damn Viper arms.
don't you know there ain't no devil, there's just God when he's drunk

Offline Paul

• Retired Staff Member
  • Jedi Knight
    • View Profile
G.I. Joe Toys Thread
« Reply #1247 on: June 20, 2008, 12:19 PM »
Anybody else going to the Joe-Con next weekend?

Offline spiderpumpkin

• Jedi Padawan
  • Secto-Viper
    • View Profile
G.I. Joe Toys Thread
« Reply #1248 on: June 20, 2008, 03:09 PM »
I'll be at the convention.  I arrive on Wednesday afternoon.  This will be my fourth Joecon in a row.  Ever since it was in Minneapolis I've been hooked and I can't miss these things.

Offline efranks

• Jedi Knight
  • Eric Franks
    • View Profile
G.I. Joe Toys Thread
« Reply #1249 on: June 20, 2008, 04:04 PM »
I wish I was going.  I ended up ordering the Base Commander's package for the AT set, along with the Base Camp but I have a feeling I'm going to miss out on a Land Adventurer souvenir.

I keep crossing my fingers that they'll come somewhere closer to NY than they have been and that it won't be in a year when I'm already doing a Celebration or something.

E...
"I sell the drugs that keep you people from seeing dragons at night." - Gus "Psych"

Offline spiderpumpkin

• Jedi Padawan
  • Secto-Viper
    • View Profile
G.I. Joe Toys Thread
« Reply #1250 on: June 21, 2008, 12:31 AM »
I ended up ordering the Headhunters set and bagged set.  Also, after seeing the AT video and pictures at the Joecon sight I was sold on the Sasquatch and Base Camp set.  I ended up ordering that one too.  I hope they have an AT exclusive like the helicopter in the video.

Offline Sprry75

• Jedi Apprentice
  • semper ubi sub ubi
    • View Profile
G.I. Joe Toys Thread
« Reply #1251 on: June 21, 2008, 11:23 AM »
What are these sets you're talking about?
"Really?  Sorry."

Offline efranks

• Jedi Knight
  • Eric Franks
    • View Profile
G.I. Joe Toys Thread
« Reply #1252 on: June 21, 2008, 01:00 PM »
The GI Joe 2008 JoeCon is next weekend in Texas.  They have two exclusive sets available.

On the 3.75" front they're doing a set called "Cobra Headhunters."  The set has 15 figures including Gristle, Headhunter Guards, Headhunter Stormtroopers and B.A.T.S.

The 12" set is "Search for the Sasquatch."  It includes a 12" Joe, 12" scale Sasquatch and a bunch of accessories.  There's also a souvenir set "AT Base Camp."

Plus there will be other free figures/accessories and souvenirs you can purchase at the show.  There's a 3.75" parachute drop figure and there will probably be a least a 3-pack of Joe figures and a couple vehicles in the 3.75" scale.  And, based on a teaser video on YouTube, people are speculating on a 12" Land Adventurer figure or a vehicle.

E...

Offline Ben

• Jedi Master
    • View Profile
    • greatest blog ever written.
G.I. Joe Toys Thread
« Reply #1253 on: June 22, 2008, 07:02 PM »
Wave 5 comic packs!

They all look pretty great, except for the Falcon using what looks to me like Duke arms.  ::)
don't you know there ain't no devil, there's just God when he's drunk

Offline iFett

• Jedi Sentinel
  • wabbit hunter
    • View Profile
G.I. Joe Toys Thread
« Reply #1254 on: June 22, 2008, 07:33 PM »
I dig em like Honey Smacks except for yet another CC.  To think....When I was a kid - I only had the armored version and I really wanted the hooded/domed version, but for some reason Hasbro wasn't as insane as they are today.  Who the hell stole the name  "Nemesis Enforcer"  ???  Really loving the Iron Grenadier.  Wished they would have released him on a basic card.
Learn new skills at home that some consider to be.....unnatural.  Easy repayment terms.  555-PLPTN

Offline Reid

• Jedi Knight
    • View Profile
G.I. Joe Toys Thread
« Reply #1255 on: June 22, 2008, 11:31 PM »
Never thought they'd do Cobra La in the new line. I guess Crystal Ball and Ice Cream Soldier can't be far behind? That pack's a definite buy for me.

Offline Sprry75

• Jedi Apprentice
  • semper ubi sub ubi
    • View Profile
G.I. Joe Toys Thread
« Reply #1256 on: June 23, 2008, 03:50 AM »
Tripwire and the Iron Grenadier look great, and Falcon is pretty cool, too.

What are the odds of those figures seeing single-carded re-releases?
"Really?  Sorry."

Offline JACKOFTRADZE

• Jedi Knight
  • The Battle Rages On!!!
    • View Profile
    • JCKOFTRADZE Customs
G.I. Joe Toys Thread
« Reply #1257 on: June 24, 2008, 03:24 PM »
I would have rather they used the new Tiger Force flint Arms on Falcon, still looks cool. I also agree with the very common sentiment of questioning the Iron grenadier pack with the Gold Destro. That sucks for army building that figure. Overall nice packs, at least the CC is in his dictator outfit and not the standard issue that we have been given several times over.

Hasbro, Alpine & Slaughter please!
My Customs & Collection Blog:
http://jackoftradze.blogspot.com/

Offline Paul

• Retired Staff Member
  • Jedi Knight
    • View Profile
G.I. Joe Toys Thread
« Reply #1258 on: June 24, 2008, 05:10 PM »
ok, any JD.com guys going look for me around the Broken Arrow Toys booth on Friday and Saturday.

I am hoping to bend the ear of the Hasbro guys this week too.  I'll post details and Pics in here from their 2 Round Tables.  Friday is the rest of 2008 General Release Products and Saturday is 2008 Exclusives and 2009 Main Line (non movie) product.

Offline iFett

• Jedi Sentinel
  • wabbit hunter
    • View Profile
G.I. Joe Toys Thread
« Reply #1259 on: June 24, 2008, 05:16 PM »
Can you put a bug in their ear for me about getting some more (larger) vehicles Paul?   

Hope you and anyone else going have a good time down there.   :)
Learn new skills at home that some consider to be.....unnatural.  Easy repayment terms.  555-PLPTN