Author Topic: 25th Anniversary Line  (Read 200881 times)

Offline Jesse James

• Staff Member
  • Grand Master
  • Slippery When Poopy
    • View Profile
    • JediDefender.com
G.I. Joe Toys Thread
« Reply #1275 on: June 27, 2008, 10:40 PM »
Sounds like you're having a good time Paul...  :)

I'll never get over the fact GI Joe can support a con like this and SW really probably couldn't.  I think GIJ is the true toyline king.  It's amazing how many times they've come back.

Hopefully the exclusives are available...  I'm thinking my bro would like the Cobra in cool blue suit at least. 

I hope some year I can go to this and hang out with you Paul, just for the sake of doing so.  They JUST (as I typed this) showed the parachute drop on Channel 11 news here in Pitt...  Friggin' sweet. :)  I'd be doing that all weekend unfortunately.
2011 Rebel Fleet Trooper Gets My Seal Of Approval!  But Where's The Friggin' Holster On Him!?
Jedi Defender.com Contributing Editor, Twitter @JediDefender & @Jesse_James77

Offline efranks

• Jedi Knight
  • Eric Franks
    • View Profile
G.I. Joe Toys Thread
« Reply #1276 on: June 27, 2008, 11:34 PM »
I am making a prediction here.....Target Exclusive Rattler...

I'm making a prediction; TRU Exclusive Rattler.

Think that's the "big" piece they're showing tomorrow or maybe something else is coming?  I'm so crossing my fingers for a WHALE.

E...
"I sell the drugs that keep you people from seeing dragons at night." - Gus "Psych"

Offline Jesse James

• Staff Member
  • Grand Master
  • Slippery When Poopy
    • View Profile
    • JediDefender.com
G.I. Joe Toys Thread
« Reply #1277 on: June 28, 2008, 02:21 AM »
I was thinking Cutter in the pack there killed the WHALE...  I'm surprised how many loved that thing like I did.  As a kid I thought it more as a play piece than a vehicle because of its size.  Action sort of centered around it more than you ran around with it...

Love the figures pictured so far too...  The Cold Weather Cobra pack is something I wish I'd had as a kid. 
2011 Rebel Fleet Trooper Gets My Seal Of Approval!  But Where's The Friggin' Holster On Him!?
Jedi Defender.com Contributing Editor, Twitter @JediDefender & @Jesse_James77

Offline Paul

• Retired Staff Member
  • Jedi Knight
    • View Profile
G.I. Joe Toys Thread
« Reply #1278 on: June 28, 2008, 07:41 AM »
I am making a prediction here.....Target Exclusive Rattler...

I'm making a prediction; TRU Exclusive Rattler.

Think that's the "big" piece they're showing tomorrow or maybe something else is coming?  I'm so crossing my fingers for a WHALE.

E...

It is One of the big items.  My buddy setting up our booth in the dealer area (our booth is about 2 away from Hasbro) saw it and was told Target.

There were a couple large boxes on the "Cart of Secrecy" that they rolled into the Seminar/Q&A thing.  But one was the Conquest (which I think we already know about).

Some neat stuff...the Destro Iron Grenadier Comic Pack has a MUCH better Iron Grenadier than what Prototype Pics showed.  And there will be a Chase variant with Destro's Helmet being black.

Combat Heroes is a GO and will be in stores before Christmas.  3 Packs Pictured:  Snake Eye w/Timber vs Zartan, Bazooka vs. Firefly and Duke Vs. Cobra Soldier (I can't recall if they showed the last one)

The DDP Wraith with have a chase figure that is clear.

They wouldn't talk much about the Movie or the Comic license.

Offline Mikey D

• Jedi Knight
  • Lost soul
    • View Profile
G.I. Joe Toys Thread
« Reply #1279 on: June 28, 2008, 10:43 AM »
That Paraviper is pretty sweet.  Even though it's a totally made up figure that wasn't in the original line, I think I'll pick it up.  Mutt & Junkyard and Croc Master also look good.

Sucks that Dusty, Quick Kick, Short Fuze and Scrap Iron are in a multipack.  I'll hold out hope that they get released on a single card.  I also don't have the room for the vehicles, so I've been passing on them so far.  It would be nice to get Deep Six, AVAC, Steeler (and the previously released Crankcase and Grand Slam) however.

Looking forward to what today might bring.
Common sense isn't so common

Offline Brian

• Jedi Sentinel
    • View Profile
G.I. Joe Toys Thread
« Reply #1280 on: June 28, 2008, 11:15 AM »
Looking through some of the pics this morning, and it looks like there is a lot of nice stuff on the way.  I kept telling myself that I'd wrap this line up after the BBQ/BAT wave, but I see some others that I'd like to grab.  Dusty was one of my favorite Joe toys as a kid, so I'm in for that pack.  I like the new v2 Snake Eyes as well, so I hope to get that as well.  Plus, there are some others (Mutt/Junkyard, Quick Kick, etc.) that I always wanted as a kid, so there's some appeal there too.  I'm awfully tempted with some of the vehicles in this line, even from a nostalgia point of view, but I don't really have room for the Star Wars ones the way it is.

Offline efranks

• Jedi Knight
  • Eric Franks
    • View Profile
G.I. Joe Toys Thread
« Reply #1281 on: June 28, 2008, 01:10 PM »
So, if I'm reading Hisstank right, Flagg playset for the Joe line?  Confirm?

If so, Holy ****.  << Edit, I think I'm just reading their review wrong.

As for the Conquest, I think that was one of the worst kept secrets because it was in an adveritsement a couple months ago and we already had every other vehicle in the ads confirmed at the time.  That one was pretty much expected.

As for the Rattler, I've heard from a couple places that it would be TRU but maybe that changed or they all had bad info.  Either way, it's a cool vehicle that will be fun to see on the shelves again.  << Edit; Looks like BOTH the Conquest and Rattler are Target exclusives...and once again, it appears that Target and Hasbro are really in bed together.

And let me throw in another request for the WHALE.   ;D

E...
« Last Edit: June 28, 2008, 01:39 PM by efranks »
"I sell the drugs that keep you people from seeing dragons at night." - Gus "Psych"

Offline Paul

• Retired Staff Member
  • Jedi Knight
    • View Profile
G.I. Joe Toys Thread
« Reply #1282 on: June 28, 2008, 05:49 PM »
So, if I'm reading Hisstank right, Flagg playset for the Joe line?  Confirm?

If so, Holy ****.  << Edit, I think I'm just reading their review wrong.

As for the Conquest, I think that was one of the worst kept secrets because it was in an adveritsement a couple months ago and we already had every other vehicle in the ads confirmed at the time.  That one was pretty much expected.

As for the Rattler, I've heard from a couple places that it would be TRU but maybe that changed or they all had bad info.  Either way, it's a cool vehicle that will be fun to see on the shelves again.  << Edit; Looks like BOTH the Conquest and Rattler are Target exclusives...and once again, it appears that Target and Hasbro are really in bed together.

And let me throw in another request for the WHALE.   ;D

E...

There is a Flagg in the new Animated Series....GI Joe: Resolute ...no Toy is currently planned.

As Far as Hasbro and Target...when it comes to exclusives they said they look for Partners and only Target consistently steps up to the plate.

So that makes for the rest of the year:

Tru Exclusives:  3 packs---Navy, Airforce, Iron Grenadiers.  5 Packs-Crimson Guards and Firefly vs. Green Shirts
Target Exclusives: Rattler, Conquest, Ultimate Battle Pack (Mobat, HISS, Blue Trouble Bubble, Jump Pack, Destro, Cobra Soldier, Hiss Driver, Destro, Cobra Commander, Short Fuse, Steeler, Stalker, the Desert FLint is NOT in this pack..it was shown in Error according to my source)
Online Exclusives: Desert 7 Pack and Arctic 7 Pack.
Wal Mart:  NOTHING.

And the downer of the day....

Mighty Muggs....Joe has JUMPED the Shark...and I don't mean the "SHARC" that they seem to think is so in demand.
« Last Edit: June 28, 2008, 06:14 PM by Paul »

Offline efranks

• Jedi Knight
  • Eric Franks
    • View Profile
G.I. Joe Toys Thread
« Reply #1283 on: June 30, 2008, 01:44 PM »
There's definitely some good stuff coming from the Joe line.  The most exciting things for me to come out of the con this weekend were that the Club will be doing a Talking AT Commander and accessory set for him, and they are talking about doing a 3.75" line of AT figures.

Also, if anyone attended this weekend and bought an extra S.W.A.T. 3-pack and is looking to sell or trade, LMK.

E...

Offline Greg

• Jedi Apprentice
    • View Profile
G.I. Joe Toys Thread
« Reply #1284 on: June 30, 2008, 10:01 PM »
Boy oh boy, these new Joes look sweet. Every time I pass these guys at Target I want to restart this line. The stuff displayed at Joecon looks awesome. Desert troopers, Greenshirts, a tank, a Rattler (looks like an A-10 Warthog... is that right?) Everything is so cool looking. If it weren't for the amount of Star Wars stuff coming out and the HTF nature of the basic figures, I'd be all over this new stuff. You Joe collectors are probably going to have a blast this fall!

Offline Paul

• Retired Staff Member
  • Jedi Knight
    • View Profile
G.I. Joe Toys Thread
« Reply #1285 on: July 1, 2008, 09:56 AM »
some random photos from the con..I'm sure you've seen them at other sites.

Note the Pilot Helmets for both Ace and Wild Bill (Ace's helmet is behind Bill's right foot)

The images in preorders show a Croc Master for the Desert Set, not sure what we will end up getting.

My next MUST HAVE figure.

Jesse, this figure comes with a very "Normandy"-ish helmet netted helmet.  Think FJ in the Bocage.

I don't have a picture but the new Paraviper (an awesome fig in person) comes with an FG42 1st Model with (modern) folding stock and spike bayonet.

The other camera has better shots, but Alyosha has it, so it is up to him to post the goods.

Offline iFett

• Jedi Sentinel
  • wabbit hunter
    • View Profile
G.I. Joe Toys Thread
« Reply #1286 on: July 1, 2008, 10:44 AM »
Who is the skeleton guy supposed to be  ???
Learn new skills at home that some consider to be.....unnatural.  Easy repayment terms.  555-PLPTN

Offline Mikey D

• Jedi Knight
  • Lost soul
    • View Profile
G.I. Joe Toys Thread
« Reply #1287 on: July 1, 2008, 11:05 AM »
Attila the Hun from Arise, Serpentor, Arise.
Common sense isn't so common

Offline jedipurge

• Jedi Apprentice
  • follow me on Instagram: VadersEmpire78
    • View Profile
G.I. Joe Toys Thread
« Reply #1288 on: July 1, 2008, 11:43 AM »
Attila the Hun from Arise, Serpentor, Arise.

Is he apart of a set/battlepack?  other skeletons?
wanting some skeletons for a dio, the AoD skeletons have been too hard/expensive to get ahold of.
Harmless is the most dangerous of perceptions, you never expect it to strike.-Purge

Offline Paul

• Retired Staff Member
  • Jedi Knight
    • View Profile
G.I. Joe Toys Thread
« Reply #1289 on: July 1, 2008, 01:08 PM »
He is part of the DVD pack.  I am getting several of them (for the Dusty's) remind me when they hit and I can hook you up with the extra ones.  They are due in the Fall.