Author Topic: Funeral Pyre Vader w/ Luke  (Read 85604 times)

Offline Phrubruh

• Jedi General
    • View Profile
Re: Funeral Pyre Vader w/ Luke
« Reply #30 on: July 23, 2009, 10:25 AM »
Remember when Hasbro says they will "never make this", that's code for "coming next year".
This message brought to you by Wookiee Cookiees - "MMM... Chewie!"
Visit The Endor Express - The Ultimate Guide to Disney's Star Tours

Offline knashdx

• Jedi Knight
  • I see Llama's
    • View Profile
« Reply #31 on: July 23, 2009, 10:33 AM »
I would be up for buying 2 of them.
I have been told to go to hell; well at least I will know everyone there!

Offline jedi_master_sal

• Jedi Apprentice
    • View Profile
« Reply #32 on: July 23, 2009, 12:43 PM »
I'm totally down for this and Hasbro can reuse most of it for a Qui-gon funeral pyre as well.

MAKE IT HASBRO!!!!
I'm just a humble collector trying to make his way through the universe...of toy aisles.
"We are strong. We are resilient. We are American." - President Barack Obama, State of the Union Address 2010

Offline iFett

• Jedi Sentinel
  • wabbit hunter
    • View Profile
« Reply #33 on: July 23, 2009, 12:53 PM »
I'm totally down for this and Hasbro can reuse most of it for a Qui-gon funeral pyre as well.

MAKE IT HASBRO!!!!

Down as well.
Learn new skills at home that some consider to be.....unnatural.  Easy repayment terms.  555-PLPTN

Offline Darth Broem

• Jedi Knight
    • View Profile
« Reply #34 on: July 23, 2009, 01:05 PM »
...and we have to have a funeral Padme.  Even though she does not burn  :)

Offline Ryan

• Retired Staff Member
  • Jedi Master
  • Destiny is all
    • View Profile
    • JediDefender
« Reply #35 on: July 23, 2009, 02:32 PM »
It is definitely an iconic scene from the OT. I'm down for sure on this one if they end up making it, and I really hope that they do. It is one of the better pieces at SDCC this year, and it has been a really good showing, so that's saying something.
"This is the way."

Offline jedipurge

• Jedi Apprentice
  • follow me on Instagram: VadersEmpire78
    • View Profile
« Reply #36 on: July 23, 2009, 04:42 PM »
As a toy I'd buy it.
But from the movie the thing that bothered me from that scene was that the wood was chopped, didn't Luke have a lighsaber  :-\
Harmless is the most dangerous of perceptions, you never expect it to strike.-Purge

Offline CHEWIE

• Jedi Sentinel
    • View Profile
« Reply #37 on: July 23, 2009, 05:08 PM »
The more I look at this, it definitely reminds of a Hallmark ornament.

Offline JACKOFTRADZE

• Jedi Knight
  • The Battle Rages On!!!
    • View Profile
    • JCKOFTRADZE Customs
« Reply #38 on: July 23, 2009, 05:12 PM »
Someone mentioned earlier to make this next years SDCC exclusive, they really should, just like the Vader/Palps scene from last year.
« Last Edit: July 23, 2009, 11:14 PM by JACKOFTRADZE »
My Customs & Collection Blog:
http://jackoftradze.blogspot.com/

Offline Adam_Pawlus

• Jedi Initiate
  • I hate baseball
    • View Profile
« Reply #39 on: July 28, 2009, 02:38 AM »
I guess one should never underestimate the power of martyring a product.  I smell a turkey.

Would you honestly pay $30 or so, and maybe shipping, for this?  It wouldn't be a $20 item.  If this were a $13 comic pack I'm sure I'd be seeing the exact opposite reaction regarding more of the same, Hasbro putting the screws to fans, etc. etc.
--AP
16bit.com - Webmaster, Editor, Contributor
Entertaiment Earth - Marketing, Merchandising, Podcast
Galactichunter.com - Q&A, Figure of the Day, News

Offline Rob

• Staff Member
  • Jedi Elder
    • View Profile
« Reply #40 on: July 28, 2009, 02:55 AM »
Would you honestly pay $30 or so, and maybe shipping, for this?  It wouldn't be a $20 item.

Yep.  I don't do customs, and I'd love to get this scene onto the shelves.  $22.99 - $24.99 sounds about right for it.  It's essentially a cinema scene / battle pack.
« Last Edit: July 28, 2009, 02:56 AM by Rob »

Offline Adam_Pawlus

• Jedi Initiate
  • I hate baseball
    • View Profile
« Reply #41 on: July 28, 2009, 04:14 AM »
Would you honestly pay $30 or so, and maybe shipping, for this?  It wouldn't be a $20 item.

Yep.  I don't do customs, and I'd love to get this scene onto the shelves.  $22.99 - $24.99 sounds about right for it.  It's essentially a cinema scene / battle pack.

Except that it isn't, and it's going to be $30+ if it gets made.  If it goes online only it's probably going to be more by a couple of bucks.   Would it be as appealing at a $30 price point, before tax and possibly shipping?  Or are you, like me, a fan that will buy pretty much anything?

Custom or no, there's really nothing appealing here at that price outside the fact that our being shown this has created a "gap" in our collections which may never be filled.  And last week, we probably wouldn't have ever cared either way.
--AP
16bit.com - Webmaster, Editor, Contributor
Entertaiment Earth - Marketing, Merchandising, Podcast
Galactichunter.com - Q&A, Figure of the Day, News

Offline Darth_Anton

• Jedi Sentinel
  • Whatever
    • View Profile
« Reply #42 on: July 28, 2009, 11:29 AM »
I told Hasbro yes. Neat idea. The asked me what I think people would pay for it, I said people would start grumbling if it was more than $30.
Please subscribe to my YouTube Channel - The Imperial Communique -https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCyEfCtMv1lWhxSH-B1Scr4g
"Snark is the idiot's version of wit."

Offline iFett

• Jedi Sentinel
  • wabbit hunter
    • View Profile
« Reply #43 on: July 28, 2009, 11:36 AM »
AP - I'm curious to know why you disliked the set.  I thought it looked pretty neat for what it was and yes I'd pay $30 for this.

The Funeral Pyre for Darth Vader set was a blemish on an otherwise shining product offering, and if you liked that set, I'm sorry. You're wrong.
Learn new skills at home that some consider to be.....unnatural.  Easy repayment terms.  555-PLPTN

Offline Rob

• Staff Member
  • Jedi Elder
    • View Profile
« Reply #44 on: July 28, 2009, 11:38 AM »
Except that it isn't, and it's going to be $30+ if it gets made.  If it goes online only it's probably going to be more by a couple of bucks.   Would it be as appealing at a $30 price point, before tax and possibly shipping?  Or are you, like me, a fan that will buy pretty much anything?

Custom or no, there's really nothing appealing here at that price outside the fact that our being shown this has created a "gap" in our collections which may never be filled.  And last week, we probably wouldn't have ever cared either way.

Yes.  I'm a collector.  What gets me the most excited about continuing to collect is new items that I haven't bought already.

The difference between $25 and $30 isn't going to kill me.  I spent way too much on that crappy Joker Squad, I'd much rather overpay a little bit to buy an iconic, never-before-made movie scene.
« Last Edit: July 28, 2009, 11:40 AM by Rob »