Author Topic: D_N's Customs- Updated December 1st?!!!?!  (Read 128631 times)

Offline Gregorbian

• Jedi Apprentice
  • I gotta get to Buckethead's Toy Store!
    • View Profile
    • Gregorbian's Photobucket
Another cool update, the use of softgoods is really unique, keep it up!  Everybody already covered what I was going to say in terms of the softgoods - just a bit thinner fabric or something would make this guy look a lot better.  Still, I can see the head wrappings being a bit bulky, so it still works.
The scariest thing that I've ever seen,
Is the terrible AT-AT walking machine.
It's as big as a house on walking legs,
and whatever it steps on it crushes like eggs.

Offline TR1ER

• Youngling
    • View Profile
    • Commando Customs
DN my man you know Im feeling your customs my man! :D
A site dedicated to all types of customs from GIJOE,STAR WARS,MARVEL and 12" scale. So stop on by and check out http://www.commandocustoms.com/board/ .

Offline Nirvana

• Jedi Padawan
    • View Profile
Yeah, I took the wraps off, they looked bulky because of his hair. Thanks for all your comments guys. I haven't been around too much lately- midterms are coming up.

Although, here's four new costumes/ 1 new custom:

After Gree, Maasarde, and 7th Squad neutralized Mace and his cronies, they learned that he a considerable amountof vital Republic Intelligence hidden in the town of Swas Ti, the neighboring city. It was going to be handed over to a mercenary hired for the job. General Koon decided that this must not fall into enemy hands. Soon after their escape, he ordered them to put Swas Ti under siege. All ships cancelled, no one leaves, no one enters until they found the Intelligence.

Here's the new custom first, an Utapau sniper named Hala Ka'mil:

With helmet on:

Commander Barker:

The two snipers:

Commander Gree decide to finish his tour of duty with the 194th Legion. To make sure his own Legion wouldn't sense anything amiss, they put a replacement on Kashyykk.

Rever Quasto is the translator for 7th Squad. He conceals his armor with wraps and a large poncho. When the **** hits the fan though, he utilizes a long-barrel grenade launcher to get the job done.

And last but not least is Sargeant Kazim and the Ground Assault Team.

Well, I hope you like them. That'll be it for a little while, I'm gonna be real busy the next week and weekend. LMK what you think, all comments are appreciated. Thanks for looking, and have a nice weekend.
My whole expanse...I cannot see...

Offline CHEWIE

• Jedi Sentinel
    • View Profile
Re: Darth Nirvana's Customs-*UPDATE* 1/7- 1 New, 4 New Costumes
« Reply #213 on: January 7, 2006, 08:01 PM »
I thought I customized a lot, but you have been putting me to shame with all of your fine work with both the quality and the quantity lately.  You really like the military side of Star Wars (but don't we all!).  I would love to see a few non-combat type of characters made too if you can.  But of course whatever you want to make is what you should make.   ;)

My favorite of the bunch is the one with the Bousch helmet.  That is so badass looking - I hope you don't mind, but I think I am going to borrow that design.  Simply awesome.

:P

Offline Nirvana

• Jedi Padawan
    • View Profile
Re: Darth Nirvana's Customs-*UPDATE* 1/7- 1 New, 4 New Costumes
« Reply #214 on: January 9, 2006, 07:16 PM »
Thanks CHEWIE. I wish I could do less military customs- it's just that I've started this year and I virutally no collection. My favorites Hala Kamil, too, I really like the Boussh helmet.

Here's Eon J'Toul, a Kel Dor bounty hunter/mercenary. He was a real pain in the ass.

Eon J'Toul was hired by Chancellor Gunray himself to collect and return Reppublic weapons and battle intelligence in Swas Ti. Equipped with a high-power rifle, modified rebreather and simple but effective combat techniques, he will prove himself and worthy adversary for the 194th. He has two mechanical hands because of a brief stint in a crimelord's prison and torture chamber. He will capture Barker himself (yes, again!) and put him on trial with the corrupt town judge (another WIP, probably Twi'lek).

Posed with my favorite drink:

Well, I hope you like him. LMK what you think, all comments are appreciated. Thanks for looking.

Offline CHEWIE

• Jedi Sentinel
    • View Profile
Re: Darth Nirvana's Customs-*UPDATE* 1/9- Eon J'Toul, Kel Dor Bounty Hunter
« Reply #215 on: January 10, 2006, 12:12 PM »
Another great design, I like how he's working for Nute Gunray.  Do you mean "Viceroy" Gunray?

He has your typical good gritty battle worn look to him.  I'd say for a few of these non-Republic ones, you might want to shift away from the brown soft goods, just so they don't blend in so much with your other work.  Maybe red colors would work?  Just an idea.  You work is already really nice, just trying to give you some more ideas for variety.

Offline Nirvana

• Jedi Padawan
    • View Profile
Re: Darth Nirvana's Customs-*UPDATE* 1/9- Eon J'Toul, Kel Dor Bounty Hunter
« Reply #216 on: January 10, 2006, 07:21 PM »
Vieceroy! Yeah! That's it. Coudn't think last night.  :) About the wraps, I don't consider them to be part of the legion- just tan cloth. I don't know, I might change them. Thanks for your comments.

Here's a diorama and my entry for the Custom Challenge. It's my first ever, built out of Fome-cor.

The bunker is called the Portable Armored Command Center (PACC) and can be brought into battle by an LAAT, the ones used to carry the AT-TE's in combat.

Well, I hope you like it. LMK what you think, all comments are appreciated. Thanks for looking.

Offline CHEWIE

• Jedi Sentinel
    • View Profile
Re: Darth Nirvana's Customs- 1/9- Portable Armored Command Center (PACC)
« Reply #217 on: January 10, 2006, 10:41 PM »
Wow, I love it!  That's a very realistic looking bunker you have going there.  Very well done - is it made from foamcore?  It will look great in one of your photonovels.

You really are a customizing machine.  I love seeing your updates.

Offline Darth_Anton

• Jedi Sentinel
  • Whatever
    • View Profile
« Reply #218 on: January 11, 2006, 10:08 AM »
Wow! Nirvana, I just checked out your thread, excellent work! You really have the painting down.
Please subscribe to my YouTube Channel - The Imperial Communique -https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCyEfCtMv1lWhxSH-B1Scr4g
"Snark is the idiot's version of wit."

Offline Quazar

• Jedi Padawan
    • View Profile
« Reply #219 on: January 11, 2006, 04:10 PM »
GREAT bunker!  The weathering is fantastic!  This will look terrific in one of your stories, I'm sure.

An excellent addition to the custom of the month...
Sith Lords Are Our Speciality

Offline Nirvana

• Jedi Padawan
    • View Profile
« Reply #220 on: January 16, 2006, 11:24 AM »
Sorry, guys, I didn't see the feedback. Thanks for all your comments. I'm actually working on some clones in Bacara's legion, thinking thy'll be called the "Snow Ghosts". I'm also working on another bunker, kind of Hoth-like. Again, thanks for all your comments.

Offline Nirvana

• Jedi Padawan
    • View Profile
« Reply #221 on: January 22, 2006, 07:09 PM »
Scratch those snow ghosts. I didn't really get the look I wanted to acheive and midterms and the flu had taken all my time. So I got back to work today and made two new customs.

Here is a Turbo Tank Division Commander. During a field attack, the Commander is surveying the battle atop the lead tank. Equipped with a helmet with a strong plastic eyeshield and a comlink to keep in touch throught the Tactical net, The Commander makes the attack formations that destroy Seperatist Forces.

And here is a Company Commander in "Gree's" forces, Wes Ratel.

Well, I hope you like them. LMK what you think, all comments are appreciated. Thanks for looking, and the Steelers are going to win the Super Bowl!!!

Offline CHEWIE

• Jedi Sentinel
    • View Profile
More nice work Nirvana.  One thing I would suggest is going for a new color scheme once in a while, since so many have the green-brown camo colors.  They look great, but it's a bit hard to distinguish some of your fine work from your other great customs. 

But, these are really nice figures.  I like the shoulder pauldron on the Division Commander and his helmet looks really nice too.  Wes Ratel looks nice too, another tribute to your great use of soft goods!

Offline Nirvana

• Jedi Padawan
    • View Profile
I'm actually thinking of starting some crimson and gray clones. It's just that I have alot of brown and camo green paint around, and it's cheaper than buying a new SA clone instead of just repainting a reject. Thanks for your comments, CHEWIE, I really had fun doing these, especially the Division Commander.

Offline Darth Nuch

• Youngling
  • I have a bad feeling about this...
    • View Profile
Darth Nirvana is my friend. He's the one who showed me this awesome site. I want to know more people. Please send me stuff!!!

Darth Nuch
"No......No.....YOU have lost!"