Author Topic: Official Movie Thread  (Read 352583 times)

Offline Jim

• Jedi Apprentice
    • View Profile
Re: Official Movie Thread
« Reply #375 on: May 22, 2006, 04:00 PM »
I am looking forward to X3 but I am hearing that they tried to cram too much into the movie.  With rumors that this will be the last (which I doubt), this always seems to be the path of the third act of all trilogies.  Trying to tie up too many loose ends.  I am interested to know how......Spoiler Alert.......................
one of the main charaters  die.

Offline Jeff

• Administrator
  • Jedi Elder
  • Leave me where I lie
    • View Profile
    • www.JediDefender.com
« Reply #376 on: May 22, 2006, 04:19 PM »
Has it been confirmed that the movie will contain the original theme song?  I know the first trailer did, but I see no mention of John Williams on the movie poster..maybe I missed it.

I think that various superman fansites confirmed from this article that the movie uses maybe 2-3 of Williams' original themes, but the main score was written by another guy (John Ottoman).
Editor-in-Chief  - www.JediDefender.com
On Twitter?  Follow JediDefender -> @jedidefender

Offline 77Skywalker

• Jedi Padawan
    • View Profile
« Reply #377 on: May 22, 2006, 04:36 PM »
I hope to see M-I-3 before the end of the summer.  The other movies, that I'm looking forward to seeing are Superman Returns, X-Men 3, and Pirates of the Caribbean 2: Dead Man's Chest, which opens on my birthday.

Offline DSJ™

• Staff Member
  • Jedi Council Member
  • Bouncy! Bouncy! I'm An Insane Kubrickaholic!™
    • View Profile
« Reply #378 on: May 22, 2006, 04:39 PM »
Just to follow up on what Jeff mentioned, according to IMDb, the original music is by John Ottman & the non-original music s by John Williams (from "Superman: The Movie").

Full Cast and Crew for Superman Returns

Offline DSJ™

• Staff Member
  • Jedi Council Member
  • Bouncy! Bouncy! I'm An Insane Kubrickaholic!™
    • View Profile
« Reply #379 on: May 22, 2006, 05:14 PM »
I merged the Summer Movies '06 thread with this one, like to keep everything all together.  ;)

Please continue.  :)

Offline Holographic Elvis

• Jedi Apprentice
  • I'll punch you in the junk!
    • View Profile
« Reply #380 on: May 22, 2006, 07:03 PM »
Saw The Da Vinci Code on Saturday and was quite impressed.

Offline Vator

• Jedi Apprentice
    • View Profile
« Reply #381 on: May 22, 2006, 07:39 PM »
For once in my life, I agree with Cannes! I caught The Da Vinci Code this past Saturday evening and was summarily reminded, for two and a half hours, that I was not in London or Paris, but indeed stuck in a hot and sweaty theatre!

Sporting cast performances comprable to those of Episode II, it's no wonder to me that Ian McCellar stole the show. He's terrific in almost everything he does, and honestly, the hour or so in which he was featured was the only one that I can say I enjoyed. Oh, and that conversation between Silas and the Teacher at the begining bothered me. Latin isn't exactely 'my' language, but what was with Silas? He was like using Spanish intenation with French accention. It was weird, but, in and of itself, did not detract from the overall film.  :-*

The plot wasn't anything to write home about, and the theories presented in the film (those not attatched to Mr. Brown's historical perversions, at least) weren't new to me. I'm not a Christian, so I wasn't bothered by the accusations the film made of the Catholic Church, or the Bible for that matter.

As for the book, I cannot say how true the film was to it, as I have never been able to finish reading it. Why is that? Suffice to say, it is no wonder that Mr. Brown's book has left so many people scractching their heads, as the book isn't exactely cohesive or well written. Or at least, the parts I've read aren't.

All in all? I think The Da Vinci Code sucked. The only question I was left with was: "Where was the editing department?", as the film seemed to drag on for entirely too long. My grade? D+, it wasn't terrible, but it certainly wasn't good. Go see Posiedon instead.
- June 22, 2004 12:13 AM -

Offline Darth_Anton

• Jedi Sentinel
  • Whatever
    • View Profile
« Reply #382 on: May 26, 2006, 06:45 PM »
Saw X3. I liked it, but didn't think it was as good as the previous films. I agree with the review that said it seemed like it was a studio directed film. I had to pee, so I skipped the credits, which is unusual, but I heard you should stick around for a final scene.
Please subscribe to my YouTube Channel - The Imperial Communique -https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCyEfCtMv1lWhxSH-B1Scr4g
"Snark is the idiot's version of wit."

Offline iFett

• Jedi Sentinel
  • wabbit hunter
    • View Profile
« Reply #383 on: May 27, 2006, 11:37 PM »
Final scene was lame IMO - Not worth sticking around for 4-5 minutes of credits.  Spoiler!?

If you saw Magneto attempt to move his metal chess piece at the end of the movie, then you can guess which other character might still be alive for x4. 

BTW - Lots of people had to pee during my screening of x3 for some reason or another.
Learn new skills at home that some consider to be.....unnatural.  Easy repayment terms.  555-PLPTN

Offline Darth_Anton

• Jedi Sentinel
  • Whatever
    • View Profile
« Reply #384 on: May 28, 2006, 11:42 AM »
I actually found out what the final scene was. I thought it was genus.
Please subscribe to my YouTube Channel - The Imperial Communique -https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCyEfCtMv1lWhxSH-B1Scr4g

Offline Matt

• Jedi Master
    • View Profile
    • Lobot's Duplex
« Reply #385 on: May 28, 2006, 12:35 PM »
I thought it was genus.

To me, it was just subgenus.
"The good news is that all that blood is actually ketchup. The bad news, however, is that all that ketchup is actually blood."

Offline Darth_Anton

• Jedi Sentinel
  • Whatever
    • View Profile
« Reply #386 on: May 28, 2006, 03:12 PM »
I'm just a sucker for when an innocuous element has a huge payoff later.  :P

Offline Smartypants1635

• Jedi Apprentice
    • View Profile
    • Sith empire
« Reply #387 on: May 28, 2006, 07:25 PM »
HES ALIVE The scene after the credits made me happy
« Last Edit: May 28, 2006, 07:25 PM by Smartypants1635 »

Offline Ben

• Jedi Master
    • View Profile
    • greatest blog ever written.
« Reply #388 on: June 1, 2006, 12:19 PM »
Vehicles from the upcoming Transformers movie.

I'm going to risk showing a couple here.

don't you know there ain't no devil, there's just God when he's drunk

Offline jadesfire

• Jedi Apprentice
    • View Profile
« Reply #389 on: June 1, 2006, 01:12 PM »
I missed the scene after the credits so what was it?  I know I am going to go see it again (only because my hubby didn't go with me the first time, not because I thought it was anything to go back twice for) but probably won't wait to see it unless I know what it's about.

I grew up with the comics so this third one was not at all what I was hoping for.  Besides, Rogue has always been my favorite and it was a waste of Anna Paquin's talent.
Beth