Author Topic: Acid Rain - by Ori Toy  (Read 52596 times)

Online Jeff

• Administrator
  • Jedi Elder
  • Leave me where I lie
    • View Profile
    • www.JediDefender.com
Re: Acid Rain - by Ori Toy
« Reply #60 on: February 18, 2015, 10:44 PM »
If I wasn't dumping my money into kick ass mobile suit action figures, I'd probably have that Quad Eyes by now...  :-\
Editor-in-Chief  - www.JediDefender.com
On Twitter?  Follow JediDefender -> @jedidefender

Offline Jesse James

• Staff Member
  • Grand Master
  • Slippery When Poopy
    • View Profile
    • JediDefender.com
« Reply #61 on: February 18, 2015, 11:20 PM »
This is why I'm never down about any Hasbro slowdown...  I've got ample junk to waste $ on.  I just put sweet new stabilizer shocks on my Jeep.  Top of the line KYB's from work, and something I was too cheap to purchase till Hasbro saved me $. :)
2011 Rebel Fleet Trooper Gets My Seal Of Approval!  But Where's The Friggin' Holster On Him!?
Jedi Defender.com Contributing Editor, Twitter @JediDefender & @Jesse_James77

Offline Greg

• Jedi Apprentice
    • View Profile
« Reply #62 on: February 18, 2015, 11:23 PM »
Cowards!

Hahahahaha  ;D

My problem at this point is that there are too many lines pulling at me, and I can't afford to keep up with everything. Well... I can afford it, but I would feel pretty bad about spending so much! To justify everything that I want currently I would have to start downsizing my current collections (Star Wars and GI Joe, mostly) and I doubt I'll be ready to do that anytime soon.

I may stick with Acid Rain for a bit longer, and try to keep it on the small side. I have my stuff on Ebay at the moment at mostly inflated prices, so it's not like I have been seriously trying to purge. I could probably work in a small display with Winged Victory, Bucks Team, and a Laurel. Oh, and the Flak Bike. And some Agurts... maybe the worker Laurel. Possibly the Raptor as well...

:'(

If I wasn't dumping my money into kick ass mobile suit action figures, I'd probably have that Quad Eyes by now...  :-\

*shameless plug* If you'd prefer to help a fellow collector recoup his costs over getting a clearance deal feel free to hit me up! I have the Marine Quad Eyes, but it's an item I am 100% sure I want gone. I might also be willing to beat BBTS' price by $1. :P
« Last Edit: February 18, 2015, 11:23 PM by Greg »

Offline Jesse James

• Staff Member
  • Grand Master
  • Slippery When Poopy
    • View Profile
    • JediDefender.com
« Reply #63 on: February 19, 2015, 12:08 AM »
Quad Eyes is my fav.  :'(

He lights up man...  lights up. :(
2011 Rebel Fleet Trooper Gets My Seal Of Approval!  But Where's The Friggin' Holster On Him!?

Offline Jesse James

• Staff Member
  • Grand Master
  • Slippery When Poopy
    • View Profile
    • JediDefender.com
« Reply #64 on: February 23, 2015, 02:21 AM »
I just bought...  (Clicky any image to buy...  You won't be bummed that you did.)

Agurts Infantry...  These have been out a while and I caved because he got me the free shipping, I'll admit it.  I've been impressed with reviews on him.

Buck's Team Leader Bob...  Why he's called Bob, I dunno, but he's cool.

Buck's Team Steel...  Why he's called Steel, again, no clue, but his briefcase of rockets is freakishly sci-fi-ish looking and fun.  I dig the hardware.

I'm not committed enough to go in and army build and stuff, but I can see a figure here and there being something I pick up an extra.  The price is meh, but import toys are import toys I guess.  I'm definitely more a vehicle guy, but the figures have roped me in more now.  They're really high quality.  And Hasbro's not selling me much these days, sooooo...
« Last Edit: February 23, 2015, 02:22 AM by Jesse James »

Offline Jesse James

• Staff Member
  • Grand Master
  • Slippery When Poopy
    • View Profile
    • JediDefender.com
« Reply #65 on: February 26, 2015, 02:26 AM »
I got my 3 figures from EE today...  Shipped free too.  While I'll concede the price blows, these are imports and I think that has to be taken into account.  It's like people in other countries complaining about Star Wars figure prices, so it's only fair.

I picked up the Agurts Infantry, Bucks Team Bob (Leader), Bucks Team Steel (Guy who apparently blows **** all to hell)...

While price is questionable, you do get substantial "toy" and substantial packaging for said toy.  I think that should be taken into account too.  While I don't foresee myself army building figures unless it's by accident (pack-ins and whatnot), I definitely see myself being more interested in the figures themselves whereas I was probably saying a year ago that I wouldn't buy any, and stick to the hardware.

Hardware's fun but when they make a dude with a rocket launcher rocket briefcase, they have my attention.

I opened these and proceeded to litter my twitter feed (@Jesse_James77) with pictures and thoughts...  they were a-plenty.  :-X

I enjoyed kinda pseudo-reviewing them...  phone pics are what they are, my apologies.

The packaging these come in, it's really neat.  It's not practical, but it's nice foam lined, heavy cardboard, and a beautiful sleeve of art of the character/figure (art that the line's creator designed to make the figures) slips over the box.  They don't tape it shut, no bubbles...  The foam inside is high quality foam, like comes with a gun case almost.  Very neat.

The figures are heavily weathered, as is the staple of the line in general...  All 3 came with lots of extra gear, a good deal more than the Sol Commander came with, though I only got Sol Commanders from the Wings of Samothrace statue LE set.

The Bob figure is their first/only unique human headsculpt...  It's cool, and I can't really tell you who Bob is other than he's crept up in a few blog posts and has some kinda story going on where he's been around a long time.  He seems to lead some special team of dudes (Bucks Team) with a sweet simplistic logo of a buck's head with antlers.  I dig it, even if the backstory is kind of piecemeal right now.

Bob came with multiple heads (masked and unmasked), a unique pouch which interchanges with his fanny pack pouch that's on him, I think.  He has a rifle, and 2 helmets.  Really Bob is an "army builder" in disguise.  You can have Bob, but with the masked head and multiple helmets (a redeco Sol Cmdr and an Agurts Inf. helmet), he really could be made into just a neat infantry dude.

He also has softgoods including a very thin fabric shirt and a weird little reddish frayed scarf thing.  I dig it!  Both look great.

The Agurts Infantry guy I'd been reluctant to purchase but with Bob and Steel in my wheelhouse I got him, and I'm happy I did.  He rocks the most weapons so you can army build and arm up a nice squad.  My fav weapon is the little "hand cannon" pistol thing.  All the weapons feature hollow barrels, and nice paint apps.  They're not pliable plastic like Star Wars, but hard styrene, and multi-part in some cases (mini-gun).

He features a little less umph to his design, and I'm noticing figures tend to share a few parts (I want to see more new, for the cost), but I'm glad I picked him up finally.  I'd passed, but the quality is really nice and he's just fun to pose with that big ass mini-gun.

The Bucks Team "Steel" guy was my last and most interesting pick up.  He's got less softgoods going on than Bob, but his work well.  He has a big honkin' rocket launcher as his weapon, which has a clip you snugly plug into his back.  My only fear with the clip is it'll break at some point.  It's a tight fit to put the launcher into it, but so far no stress I can see so I'll just be careful.

Steel's rocket launcher has 3 missiles that look like little yellow RPGs, which plug into the front of the launcher.  The 2 extra you have plug into a weird little briefcase he has for storage.  It doesn't open, they simply plug into holes in the case, which are open on one end so it's almost like the box is a weapon.  Perhaps it can be set up as a sort of remote launch system?  I dunno.

There is also a little clip for this that plugs into the Steel Figure's belt on the back (and his back also, for sturdiness) and it holds the briefcase onto his belt like a fannypack of death.  It's easily my favorite figure, and not just because of the accessories.

The only flaw I could cite on Steel are that he should've really come with the hand blaster the Agurts guy came with as a sidearm, and Steel has a groove in his noggin that is visible when the helmet is off.  A ridge inside the helmet plugs in the groove.  I honestly don't care for that, and feel it ruins taking off the helmet, and this "feature" isn't on Sol Commander or Agurts Inf. figures, or Bob's second masked head/helmet sets.

Otherwise, breaking joints loose is really about the only complaint, and that's more a warning.  Use hot water, a firm but cautious hand, and just take your time and be careful if you do buy any of these toys.  The weathering is so heavy, it fuses a LOT of the joints and moving parts (vehicles and figures alike), so you need to carefully loosen them.

Go to our front page, go to Entertainment Earth, and buy up!
« Last Edit: February 26, 2015, 02:41 AM by Jesse James »

Online Jeff

• Administrator
  • Jedi Elder
  • Leave me where I lie
    • View Profile
    • www.JediDefender.com
« Reply #66 on: March 5, 2015, 11:29 AM »
Looking through the new stuff that went up this AM at BBTS...

Look at the ghillie suit on Argus.  On a 3.75" figure?  Wow.  Just, wow.

How am I not buying this line yet?  :-[

Offline Jesse James

• Staff Member
  • Grand Master
  • Slippery When Poopy
    • View Profile
    • JediDefender.com
« Reply #67 on: March 5, 2015, 02:56 PM »
On top of his sniper-ish background, they explain why he has such a BFG...  his is a tank killer rifle.  They used guns like that in World War II, which actually would pierce armor.  Some GI Joe figure came with one I believe.

So Kit took that concept into the future and made a modern sniper whose sole purpose is taking out big ass stuff like the Quad Eyes?  That's awesome!  I was wondering why the rifle was going to be so huge.

I'll be picking them up.  I just got Bob and Steel from Bucks Team so I want the whole set.

Bob has a similarly made scarf that looks fantastic and is oddly poseable in a way so it looks like wind is blowing it a little bit.  Why aren't you buying these, indeed.  :-*

Offline Jesse James

• Staff Member
  • Grand Master
  • Slippery When Poopy
    • View Profile
    • JediDefender.com
« Reply #68 on: March 5, 2015, 03:14 PM »
Let me also say I'm shocked The Laurel chimed in at such a low price...  I figured more for sure.  The Mark II Speeder is more...  It may be more complex, but about the same size and I think the Laurel is going to be more popular overall with its design crossing over more easily into Star Wars, GI Joe, etc.  It doesn't have the "transformer" appeal I guess, but I've found the mech look is the coolest for all of them anyway, though I like Quad Eyes in mech or tank mode, honestly.  It's just perfect all around.

Anyway, the Laurel is actually at a price I'll buy more than one, hands down.

I've managed free shipping with EE, so I'm sticking with my orders there when they put up their pre-orders.

Online Jeff

• Administrator
  • Jedi Elder
  • Leave me where I lie
    • View Profile
    • www.JediDefender.com
« Reply #69 on: March 9, 2015, 03:56 PM »
I've managed free shipping with EE, so I'm sticking with my orders there when they put up their pre-orders.

Here you go -

- Acid Rain Laurel (Marine)
- Buck Team: Jack
- Bucks Team: King
- Bucks Team: - Argus

Figures are $1 more than BBTS prices. 

Laurel is $5 more than BBTS... but you get free shipping so it's a better deal unless you buy a lot at BBTS and have a large enough pile o' loot. ;)

Offline Jesse James

• Staff Member
  • Grand Master
  • Slippery When Poopy
    • View Profile
    • JediDefender.com
« Reply #70 on: March 9, 2015, 06:20 PM »
Thank you. :)  Used your link on the Laurel.  Waiting to order the figures for a bit since I've got a stack of **** to pay for between now and June.

I plan on a 2nd Laurel too, at some point.  ;D

I hope they put out the "Worker" deco Laurel.  I'd be all over that too.  I also want the Airborne one they showed, and the quad-leg Laurel which was creepy as hell but looked like a cool all terrain Laurel.

IMO, the Laurel is easily one of the better values...  It doesn't transform into anything else, but who doesn't love mechs?  These are great looking.  Far cooler than the ones from Avatar, which have a place in my customizing but it's limited to a more industrial design.  Like heavy work on the hull of something in space.

These look like they could be awesome mixed with Star Wars even, as weapons, hangar tools ala the power suit in Aliens, infantry support...  They could be an attempt at advancing infantry's abilities in combat, or even an antiquated design that had some merit.  The Laurel's definitely got mega appeal to me.  I loved the MKII Speeder and Quad Eyes as soon as I got them, but this I don't even need to own to know I want two or more.
« Last Edit: March 9, 2015, 06:26 PM by Jesse James »

Offline Jesse James

• Staff Member
  • Grand Master
  • Slippery When Poopy
    • View Profile
    • JediDefender.com
« Reply #71 on: March 16, 2015, 07:32 PM »
Saw a possible MkI Speeder variant (The Raptor) sporting some big ass guns on top...  Not sure I'm down with this.  I have one MkI, and while it's neat and on a bit more affordable side as far as these go, it's also small and features a lot less "fun" than the big mofos.

I'm glad I have one, but variants would be hard for me to support unless it's something significant.

Online Jeff

• Administrator
  • Jedi Elder
  • Leave me where I lie
    • View Profile
    • www.JediDefender.com
« Reply #72 on: April 29, 2015, 10:07 AM »
Looks like the Series 2 Bucks Team figures are hitting... in-stock now at BBTS, should be coming soon to EE.

Offline Jesse James

• Staff Member
  • Grand Master
  • Slippery When Poopy
    • View Profile
    • JediDefender.com
« Reply #73 on: April 29, 2015, 05:30 PM »
The uber awesome Laurel had boxed images on social media this week...  So those are on the way too.  I have that on order, looking forward to it.

I'm going to wait a little bit on the remaining Bucks Team guys since that'd be like $200 in one sitting, plus I want a 2nd Laurel.

Offline Jesse James

• Staff Member
  • Grand Master
  • Slippery When Poopy
    • View Profile
    • JediDefender.com
« Reply #74 on: June 11, 2015, 01:16 AM »
I've been waiting far too long for this Laurel Marine Mech, and it looks like it's on the way soon.  They're released over in Hong Kong now, and will be hitting US shores soon (lil Marine play on words there).  At this point I know I'll love that thing enough to order two.

I got my 2nd Quad Eyes in a piggybacked order via BBTS the other day.  I'm going to buy the Sand deco too...  Yeah, $159 from EE will sting, but I want that deco the most now.

The Marine, btw, is still $114 on BBTS which is a dandy price for one if you want to jump in.

I see MkII Speeder, MkI Speeder, and the figures keep going sold out...  I'm kind of surprised on the MkI Speeder which I consider about the weakest thing they offer.  The price is cheapest, but you also get the least overall with it.  The figure's cool though.

But the MkII Speeder, I still stand behind as the one that shocked me how much I loved it once I got it.

The Laurel, I really am praying we get all these variants...  There's an "Arachnid" variant with 4 legs, an Airborne, a "Viking", a "Worker" (my favorite since it's more or less a yellow industrial looking deco!  So cool!) and a few others...  I really do hope all of them come out, but this line has a habit of showing things that won't happen.

I'm giddy!  This month, should have the first dedicated mech in the line.  At this point I'm getting anxious.