Author Topic: 3rd Annual JediDefender Secret Santa gift exchange!  (Read 47926 times)

Offline Lady Jaye

• Jedi Initiate
    • View Profile
Re: 3rd Annual JediDefender Secret Santa gift exchange!
« Reply #255 on: April 7, 2006, 12:16 PM »
Why not just post who the Secret Santas were?? I mean Secret Easter Bunny doesn't have a ring to it! That way things might get cleared up faster.
"I off one fat Angelino and you throw a hissy fit."
-Vincent

Offline JoshEEE

• Jedi Apprentice
    • View Profile
    • My Star Wars collection
« Reply #256 on: April 10, 2006, 07:16 PM »
Wouldn't that sort of defeat the whole purpose of the secret santa thing?

My gift was sent and received awhile back.  Does my recipient now have to know who sent them their wonderous present because a couple of people are still late?
Got Clones?

Offline Lady Jaye

• Jedi Initiate
    • View Profile
« Reply #257 on: April 12, 2006, 07:52 PM »
Well duh, not to all the secret Santas, just to those who haven't received it. And this doesn't have to posted, but told to each member individually.
-Vincent

Offline Famine

• Noderator
  • Jedi Master
  • Who watches The Famine?
    • View Profile
« Reply #258 on: April 12, 2006, 11:00 PM »
Why not just post who the Secret Santas were??

And this doesn't have to posted

???

Kevin
The picture kept, will remind me...

Online Jeff

• Administrator
  • Jedi Elder
  • Leave me where I lie
    • View Profile
    • www.JediDefender.com
« Reply #259 on: April 13, 2006, 12:14 AM »
I'd like to get this finished up ASAP, so:

- if you have still not recieved a gift from your Secret Santa, please send me a PM asap.
- if you have still not sent a gift to your person, please send me a PM asap.
Editor-in-Chief  - www.JediDefender.com
On Twitter?  Follow JediDefender -> @jedidefender

Offline Lady Jaye

• Jedi Initiate
    • View Profile
« Reply #260 on: April 14, 2006, 12:22 AM »
How'd I know Famine would come in with a "question"?  8)
-Vincent

Offline Ryan

• Retired Staff Member
  • Jedi Master
  • Destiny is all
    • View Profile
    • JediDefender
« Reply #261 on: April 14, 2006, 12:28 AM »
Just out of curiosity why do yo care so much anyway?? It's not like you were even a part of it this year!! And why don't you answer Kevin?? He brings up a good point..
"This is the way."

Offline Lady Jaye

• Jedi Initiate
    • View Profile
« Reply #262 on: April 14, 2006, 12:34 AM »
I just worded it wrong! I should have said in my second post! If you don't want to let the board know who it was, just give the info to the persons themselves! Not really too hard to understand! I understood where JoshEEE came from so I offered a different solution. And it's not that I really care, just hate seeing anyone taken, especially since Hemish is one of the guys who hasn't received his X-Mas gift. He's a stand up kind of guy, and I hate seeing him not get a gift!

Hey Hemish, where's your trades list? Do you still need that Jedi Tales Vader v Maul??
« Last Edit: April 14, 2006, 01:11 AM by Lady Jaye »
-Vincent

Online Jeff

• Administrator
  • Jedi Elder
  • Leave me where I lie
    • View Profile
    • www.JediDefender.com
« Reply #263 on: April 14, 2006, 01:17 AM »
And it's not that I really care, just hate seeing anyone taken, especially since Hemish is one of the guys who hasn't received his X-Mas gift. He's a stand up kind of guy, and I hate seeing him not get a gift!

I think you like stirring the pot more than you really care about the topic in this case.

If you did actually care about it, you might have actually read the posts in this thread and seen this:

I'm pissed that Hemish didn't get my package; especially since his recipient got his. I'm not as pissed I didn't get mine but think an explanation is in order. :-\

See, right there in that post, Hemish learns who his Santa was.  His Santa mailed the box and it looks like the Post Office lost it.

Same goes for Deanpaul.  His Santa has already revealed himself as well, in this very thread:

I'm really not sure why Deanpaul hasn't gotten his present by now...

I would really like to apologize to Deanpaul in any case, however.

That only leaves 2 other people waiting for gifts:  Stormie and Slothus. 

- Stormie figured out who his Santa is (again from posts in the thread) and is patiently waiting for his Santa to come through despite a bit of strange circumstance.

- Slothus Santa has gone MIA and I'm still working on that one for him.

So, the moral of the story is that you can stop worrying about it and just let the staff handle it.  Thanks!

Offline Lady Jaye

• Jedi Initiate
    • View Profile
« Reply #264 on: April 14, 2006, 01:21 AM »
Well you're right about one thing, I didn't read the whole thread! But you're wrong on my stance. I was only going to say two things, and that was it! Just offering a suggestion. Not until Famine and whoever else wanted to be nitpicky did I say anything else!

With that said my offer still stands Hemish, you're one of the stand up guys around here, so send me a link to your trades list! It's the least I can do for someone that out of the kindness of his own heart just sent me a Spider Droid for no reason, other than I didnt have one! So please send me that link!
« Last Edit: April 14, 2006, 01:24 AM by Lady Jaye »
-Vincent

Online Jeff

• Administrator
  • Jedi Elder
  • Leave me where I lie
    • View Profile
    • www.JediDefender.com
« Reply #265 on: April 14, 2006, 01:37 AM »
Well you're right about one thing, I didn't read the whole thread! But you're wrong on my stance.

Let's see -  I'm wrong on your stance?  I'm not quite sure what your "stance" was.   ???

- "Why not just post who the Secret Santas were?? "
- "this doesn't have to posted, but told to each member individually"
- "How'd I know Famine would come in with a "question"? "
- "not that I really care, just hate seeing anyone taken"

The only real "stance" I see you taking in those last few posts is that no one should get taken.  Well, duh.  No one in this event should get ripped off - not Hemish, Slothus, stormie, or Deanpaul.

That doesn't change the fact that I believe you're only posting in this thread in order to stir the pot a little bit (and apparently doing a good job of it since you got at least a few people to respond to you). 

Offline Lady Jaye

• Jedi Initiate
    • View Profile
« Reply #266 on: April 14, 2006, 01:46 AM »
Stance is not the right word, should of used intentions! Anyhow, I meant nothing by it, just offered a suggestion!
-Vincent

Online Jeff

• Administrator
  • Jedi Elder
  • Leave me where I lie
    • View Profile
    • www.JediDefender.com
« Reply #267 on: April 14, 2006, 02:08 AM »
Your suggestion has been noted.

Offline Jesse James

• Staff Member
  • Grand Master
  • Slippery When Poopy
    • View Profile
    • JediDefender.com
« Reply #268 on: April 14, 2006, 03:53 AM »
Here's a suggestion...  Do like me, and if you don't have involvement in here, don't post.

Seriously.  I AM part of the staff here, and this isn't MY business, so thusly I stay out of it.  Hemish is one of MANY stand-up people at our site...  He's one of the entire membership here of "stand up people", and the staff in charge of this are handling this for said people.

Those of us not involved need not comment...  Call me spanky, but that'd be MY "stance".  Thank you.

I'm not dropping this to agitate, just simply giving advice that should be applied to more conversations at ANY forum, not just here.  It simply makes more sense to me, I don't know.
« Last Edit: April 14, 2006, 09:00 AM by Jesse James »
2011 Rebel Fleet Trooper Gets My Seal Of Approval!  But Where's The Friggin' Holster On Him!?
Jedi Defender.com Contributing Editor, Twitter @JediDefender & @Jesse_James77

Offline stormie

• Jedi Padawan
    • View Profile
« Reply #269 on: April 17, 2006, 01:42 PM »
What's the next holiday with a fictional icon? Does the 4th of July have an icon? Is it Uncle Sam or is that just reserved for the Draft? Might have to go with a secret goblin, secret witch or secret ghost in honor of Halloween. Here's the list so far,

Secret Santa
Secret Valentine
Secret Leprechaun
Secret Easter Bunny

I was never really that fond of receiving a Secret Valentine gift for the obvious reasons.  :-*
Secret Leprechaun had a certain ring to it, especially if any or all gifts were "spirited."  ;)
And I lately I was hoping it would have been a Secret Easter Bunny gift just so I could say, "Thanks secret Easter Bunny! Bawk! Bawk!"

Ya know, now that I see Secret Uncle Sam in text, it really could sound kinda weird. Like an uncle that no one in the family talks about because he's always mumbling and cleaning his ears with a paperclip. Maybe we'll just go with [belated] Secret Santa. Tried and true.