Author Topic: TVC Tantive IV Hallway Playset  (Read 10184 times)

Offline Jeff

• Administrator
  • Jedi Elder
  • Leave me where I lie
    • View Profile
    • www.JediDefender.com
Re: TVC Tantive IV Hallway Playset
« Reply #60 on: February 11, 2021, 10:30 AM »
My two sets are lost somewhere between Minnesota and California.  Hoping EE can figure out what happened and make it right.  :-[

EE has confirmed that my order was lost somewhere between the EE warehouse and the first FedEx stop.  I hope the package thief who nabbed it is enjoying his 2x Hallway playsets. ::)

Since it's now OOS at EE (not coming back until April/May), I asked them to just refund my account and I'll try to nab these somewhere else.
Editor-in-Chief  - www.JediDefender.com
On Twitter?  Follow JediDefender -> @jedidefender

Offline Rob

• Staff Member
  • Jedi Elder
    • View Profile
« Reply #61 on: February 11, 2021, 12:30 PM »
That sucks, what a pain in the ass...

You certainly won't have any problem ordering elsewhere... Amazon still has them, I'm sure a few other places do too.

Offline Nicklab

• Jedi Sentinel
  • I saw we fight!
    • View Profile
« Reply #62 on: February 11, 2021, 01:05 PM »
That is one impressive collection of Rebels!
"Call up a Hammerhead Corvette.  I have an idea."

Feedback

Offline Matt_Fury

• Jedi General
  • I aim to misbehave.
    • View Profile
    • Every Action Figure Parody has a beginning.
« Reply #63 on: February 11, 2021, 03:23 PM »
Sorry to hear that Jeff.  At least, like Rob said, it's still available elsewhere and EE is giving you a refund.
This is the way.

I have spoken.

Offline Jesse James

• Staff Member
  • Grand Master
  • Slippery When Poopy
    • View Profile
    • JediDefender.com
« Reply #64 on: February 12, 2021, 02:48 AM »
Jeff last I was on GameStop they had them and I thot Amazon did as well as noted.  That truly sucks tho.

I’ve been pretty lucky on packages arriving, knock on wood.
« Last Edit: February 12, 2021, 02:49 AM by Jesse James »
2011 Rebel Fleet Trooper Gets My Seal Of Approval!  But Where's The Friggin' Holster On Him!?
Jedi Defender.com Contributing Editor, Twitter @JediDefender & @Jesse_James77

Offline P-Siddy

• Jedi General
    • View Profile
« Reply #65 on: February 12, 2021, 08:03 AM »
I believe Pulse had them last I checked (yesterday).

Offline Nicklab

• Jedi Sentinel
  • I saw we fight!
    • View Profile
« Reply #66 on: February 12, 2021, 09:13 AM »
I think Amazon also has them in stock.
"Call up a Hammerhead Corvette.  I have an idea."

Feedback

Offline Mister Skeezler

• Jedi Knight
  • Now with winning smile!
    • View Profile
    • misterskeezler on Instagram
« Reply #67 on: February 12, 2021, 10:51 AM »
Very cool.

What is the off-white thing that you set the hallways on top of to create the top level?

Sorry for the delay, I just noticed this. It's just a thick foamcore board. I've been using it for my Jabba's palace (although it's covered in plaster there) so I just cut a quick piece for this. Underneath the hallway is a couple 2x4's for support, but those don't show.
-------------------------------------------------
(Formerly LandotheScoundrel)

misterskeezler on Instagram

Offline P-Siddy

• Jedi General
    • View Profile
« Reply #68 on: February 12, 2021, 11:21 AM »
I did some modification to my two hallway sets to get them to fit within a Billy shelf. I plan on getting a couple more to use for temp setups and photos, but I'm glad I was able to mod these for my evergreen Rebels shelf. Kind of a nod to Home One.

For whatever reason, I can't view this (grayed out with a restricted symbol).  Sounds like it's pretty cool from all the comments.

Offline Jeff

• Administrator
  • Jedi Elder
  • Leave me where I lie
    • View Profile
    • www.JediDefender.com
« Reply #69 on: February 15, 2021, 10:52 AM »
EE has confirmed that my order was lost somewhere between the EE warehouse and the first FedEx stop.  I hope the package thief who nabbed it is enjoying his 2x Hallway playsets. ::)

Since it's now OOS at EE (not coming back until April/May), I asked them to just refund my account and I'll try to nab these somewhere else.

Update:  bought one set at Amazon and got it on Sunday.  Now I just have to babysit patiently wait for EE to process my refund.  ::)

Offline Pete_Fett

• Jedi Knight
  • Jedi Killer
    • View Profile
« Reply #70 on: February 15, 2021, 01:11 PM »

Update:  bought one set at Amazon and got it on Sunday.  Now I just have to babysit patiently wait for EE to process my refund.  ::)

OMG - Jeff! This EXACT same thing happened to me. I had bought four of them from Amazon and I kept the fifth one I ordered from EE because of their Mint-Condition Guarantee. Thankfully one of the four I got from Amazon was in MIB shape, I just kept that one in package and was awaiting my EE order to finish the four-walled hallway.

Anyway, I spoke with EE on Friday asking what was going on with THREE of my orders - the hallway being the worst offender as it supposedly shipped on January 19th and *STILL* hadn't arrived.

They told me the same thing they told you - that my package was lost and that they would have to file a claim and send me a new one. I agreed to that at first and then the woman said "we expect to get more in May" - and I was shocked at how casual they were over the fact that I had been charged for something, that is questionable as to whether or not it even shipped and now they were going to make me wait three months for a replacement to ship.

I told her to give me a refund instead and while I was waiting for her to process it - I ordered one more off Amazon, it arrived Sunday and now my hallway is complete.

I am actually worried about my two Black Series cases that shipped on Feb 1st and Feb 6th respectively - neither has had ANY shipping update and if they tell me that the same thing has happened with those, I honestly don't know what I'm going to do.

I thought maybe BBTS was a suitable alternative and I'm *STILL* waiting for my third wave of Black Series 40th Anniversary ESB figures - I keep worrying that they are just going to cancel my order on me with the explanation that the "vendor will not be shipping them any more".

I have been a customer of EE since the 90s and in my opinion they have REALLY gone down hill in the last two years. Does anyone know if Jason & Aaron sold the company and got out of the business or something? Cause back when they started EE - the company really gave a damn, now they just don't seem to give a ****.
« Last Edit: February 15, 2021, 01:12 PM by Pete_Fett »
Peter

Letting my collecting OCD get the better of me on a DAILY basis... and loving EVERY minute of it!

Offline Jeff

• Administrator
  • Jedi Elder
  • Leave me where I lie
    • View Profile
    • www.JediDefender.com
« Reply #71 on: February 15, 2021, 01:50 PM »
I have been a customer of EE since the 90s and in my opinion they have REALLY gone down hill in the last two years. Does anyone know if Jason & Aaron sold the company and got out of the business or something?

Your story sounds pretty much the same as mine, down to the same 1/19 "ship" date on my lost Tantive Hallway sets.

I said it in another thread, but in the last 2 years, I've had more troubles with EE on lost shipments, items shipped that were clearly non-mint before they shipped them, unprocessed refunds, and more than I have in the 20+ years before that.  I know COVID was to blame for some of the really slow shipments last Summer, but not the other things.

Offline Pete_Fett

• Jedi Knight
  • Jedi Killer
    • View Profile
« Reply #72 on: February 15, 2021, 02:28 PM »
I said it in another thread, but in the last 2 years, I've had more troubles with EE on lost shipments, items shipped that were clearly non-mint before they shipped them, unprocessed refunds, and more than I have in the 20+ years before that.  I know COVID was to blame for some of the really slow shipments last Summer, but not the other things.

Same on the shipment of stuff that was clearly non-mint before it went into the box or went into the box with inadequate packaging/padding.

The customer service reps you speak with just don't seem to care, their attitude is "we can refund or ship you a new one" - at one point I said "you know, you could actually be SAVING costs if you just ensured that customers who you know are going to be taking advantage of the "mint condition guarantee", are shipped mint items that are well packaged.

It was like I asked them to cure cancer, build a perpetual motion machine and discover cold fusion.
Peter

Letting my collecting OCD get the better of me on a DAILY basis... and loving EVERY minute of it!

Offline Dave

• Jedi Master
  • Never Trust a Big Butt and a Smile - BBD
    • View Profile
« Reply #73 on: February 17, 2021, 09:55 AM »
Cracked open my set today and I really, really like it.

I know this might not have been a success in the Target/Wal-Mart aisles, but for a collector focused item this is downright fantastic.

$50 for a really nice display and a bundled figure that would have sold for $13 on its own.  So really $37 for a fairly large and flexible display with working doors. 

I hope they do something similar with an Imperial hallway if they don't do a full on Death Star / Star Destroyer in the coming years.  I'd probably buy a handful of the Imperial versions with blast doors, elevator opening, etc.

My only slight gripe is with the foot pegs.  I guess I like that they're removeable so if you don't want them you don't need to use them, but where they're setup is a little odd.  I'm not sure how they could have done them better - maybe have a reversible floor panel that on one side was totally flat and on the other have molded pegs built in, and probably a bunch more.

Offline P-Siddy

• Jedi General
    • View Profile
« Reply #74 on: February 17, 2021, 11:20 AM »
Totally agree with this part:

I hope they do something similar with an Imperial hallway if they don't do a full on Death Star / Star Destroyer in the coming years.  I'd probably buy a handful of the Imperial versions with blast doors, elevator opening, etc.