Author Topic: 2022 TVC Wave 4 (New TVC Wave 25)  (Read 7695 times)

Offline Rob

• Staff Member
  • Jedi Elder
    • View Profile
Re: 2022 TVC Wave 4 (New TVC Wave 25)
« Reply #75 on: August 18, 2022, 11:06 AM »
Figrin’s ball jointed neck doesn’t stay socketed very well. Both of the ones I have opened so far his head immediately fell off, it seems like either the post isn’t long enough or the hole is really tight and it is hard tell if it is in all the way… Ahem.  >:D

He’s a great figure otherwise though. My orders were all split up with different vendors, so I am still waiting on the Super Commando Captain.

I wonder if yours came from a bad batch... I got 7 of them and they're all totally fine.

Offline Nicklab

• Jedi Sentinel
  • I saw we fight!
    • View Profile
« Reply #76 on: August 18, 2022, 12:03 PM »
OMG!  This is just fantastic. You have to check out Mister Skeezler's Instagram page and his Cantina diorama.  It's a next level display, and the music just elevates it that much more.  Now that Figrin D'an is in there?  WOW!
« Last Edit: August 18, 2022, 12:05 PM by Nicklab »
"Call up a Hammerhead Corvette.  I have an idea."

Feedback

Offline McMetal

• Jedi Master
    • View Profile
« Reply #77 on: August 18, 2022, 12:09 PM »
I got my Mando Captain and Figrin D’an from Amazon too. Looking forward to starting my Darth Tenebrous custom.  :D
A character’s face is melted by fantastical energy

Offline Nicklab

• Jedi Sentinel
  • I saw we fight!
    • View Profile
« Reply #78 on: August 22, 2022, 11:28 AM »
I got a shipping notice for my case order from EE.  It turns out the case is packed as follows:

1 x ARC Trooper Jesse
2 x Din Djarin (Morak)
1 x Mandalorian Death Watch Trooper
1 x Figrin D'an (Cantina Band)
2 x 332nd Ahsoka's Clone Trooper
1 x Mandalorian Super Commando Captain

These 8 figure cases are really making collecting more challenging.  I appreciate the attempt to get more characters in a single case, but this also leads a collector who finds a fresh case on the pegs to buy EVERYTHING from that case in one shot.  I can see the posts now of people finding a lone Din Djarin (Morak) on the pegs shortly after this case gets stocked.

Feedback

Offline Dave

• Jedi Master
  • Never Trust a Big Butt and a Smile - BBD
    • View Profile
« Reply #79 on: August 22, 2022, 12:22 PM »
I got a shipping notice for my case order from EE.  It turns out the case is packed as follows:

1 x ARC Trooper Jesse
2 x Din Djarin (Morak)

These 8 figure cases are really making collecting more challenging.  I appreciate the attempt to get more characters in a single case, but this also leads a collector who finds a fresh case on the pegs to buy EVERYTHING from that case in one shot.  I can see the posts now of people finding a lone Din Djarin (Morak) on the pegs shortly after this case gets stocked.

Nick - Are you suggesting that they should do everything at 2 per case, or are you suggesting there should be more repacks mixed in with the (mostly) new goodies?

Offline Mister Skeezler

• Jedi Knight
  • Now with winning smile!
    • View Profile
    • misterskeezler on Instagram
« Reply #80 on: August 22, 2022, 01:32 PM »
OMG!  This is just fantastic. You have to check out Mister Skeezler's Instagram page and his Cantina diorama.  It's a next level display, and the music just elevates it that much more.  Now that Figrin D'an is in there?  WOW!

Thanks man! It was a breath of fresh air to finally retire the old band figures.
-------------------------------------------------
(Formerly LandotheScoundrel)

misterskeezler on Instagram

Offline Nicklab

• Jedi Sentinel
  • I saw we fight!
    • View Profile
« Reply #81 on: August 22, 2022, 05:17 PM »

1 x ARC Trooper Jesse
2 x Din Djarin (Morak)

Nick - Are you suggesting that they should do everything at 2 per case, or are you suggesting there should be more repacks mixed in with the (mostly) new goodies?

I think it’s a more complicated issue.  Because it involves a number of things. 

-There’s the number of figures in a case. 
-The number of figures that a standard retail peg can accommodate.
-The amount of peg and shelf space that retailers allocate to Hasbro for Star Wars. 
-The appeal of some characters versus others that should be short packed.

Hasbro actually has more control over this than collectors might realize.  Because companies like Hasbro pay retailers for shelf space.  And how is Hasbro working with retailers to allocate that space?  In the case of Target it appears that the new TVC exclusive figures are getting their own pegs.

The situation with this wave brings up the potential for some of the characters that are single packed to be scarce.  Online retail seems like it might be meeting some of the demand for figures like the Mandalorians or cantina band members who are all single packed. 

You bring up an interesting thing about repacks.  Right now we don’t really see figures from previous waves being carried forward in newer case assortments.  And the repack waves are nothing but repacks. 

There are so many moving parts in this operation that it doesn’t seem like there are any easy answers. 

Feedback

Offline Rob

• Staff Member
  • Jedi Elder
    • View Profile
« Reply #82 on: August 27, 2022, 10:44 AM »
Apparently my Morak Din Djarin tank drivers are going to be here today.

Offline Ryan

• Retired Staff Member
  • Jedi Master
  • Destiny is all
    • View Profile
    • JediDefender
« Reply #83 on: August 31, 2022, 01:03 PM »
Two of my Din's showed up yesterday. I love the head sculpt and it is a great figure, but I did however notice that it has a small sculpt accuracy issue. First, Din's left arm shouldn't actually have any armor on it. Overall it's just a minor issue, I may eventually correct it on my own, but I'll probably just leave it as is.

"This is the way."

Offline Nicklab

• Jedi Sentinel
  • I saw we fight!
    • View Profile
« Reply #84 on: September 1, 2022, 11:36 AM »
I agree about the head sculpt - a major upgrade in capturing Pedro Pascal's likeness.

As for the left shoulder?  Well, that's in the episode.  Specifically, when he's on top of the transport fighting off the pirates.  He got hit in the shoulder and the quality of Imperial armor quickly revealed itself as the pauldron shattered!  I've yet to open up my Din Djarin.  But I'm wondering if that pauldron is removable or not?

Feedback

Offline Ryan

• Retired Staff Member
  • Jedi Master
  • Destiny is all
    • View Profile
    • JediDefender
« Reply #85 on: September 1, 2022, 01:28 PM »
I agree about the head sculpt - a major upgrade in capturing Pedro Pascal's likeness.

As for the left shoulder?  Well, that's in the episode.  Specifically, when he's on top of the transport fighting off the pirates.  He got hit in the shoulder and the quality of Imperial armor quickly revealed itself as the pauldron shattered!  I've yet to open up my Din Djarin.  But I'm wondering if that pauldron is removable or not?

Ah that's right, I forgot it breaks during the fight. I hadn't watched that episode in a while.

The pauldron is just the same sculpted shoulder piece that was used for Mayfeld and the Shoretroopers. I wish they had retooled the shoulder for Din's and made the arm piece removable. I'd rather display him with the armor missing. 
"This is the way."

Offline Ryan

• Retired Staff Member
  • Jedi Master
  • Destiny is all
    • View Profile
    • JediDefender
« Reply #86 on: September 2, 2022, 10:59 PM »
I got an email this morning from Amazon that my Deathwatch Aidborne troopers from this wave would be delivered on Tuesday, moved up from November 3rd… only to get another email from Amazon this evening that the delivery had been move BACK to November 3rd… ::)
"This is the way."

Offline Rob

• Staff Member
  • Jedi Elder
    • View Profile
« Reply #87 on: September 2, 2022, 11:08 PM »
Same.  Mine went from 11/2 to 9/6 and back to 11/2 all in about 10 hours.

Offline Ryan

• Retired Staff Member
  • Jedi Master
  • Destiny is all
    • View Profile
    • JediDefender
« Reply #88 on: September 3, 2022, 12:35 AM »
Bezos giveth. And Bezos taketh away.
"This is the way."

Offline GrandMoffNick

• Jedi Master
  • You are what you choose to be
    • View Profile
« Reply #89 on: September 3, 2022, 10:51 AM »
Mine has been "preparing for shipment" for a couple days now.
This is the water, and this is the well. Drink full, and descend. The horse is the white of the eyes, and dark within