Author Topic: ReAction Lines  (Read 173433 times)

Offline Darby

• Jedi Knight
  • I'm not with that guy
    • View Profile
    • darbyharn.com
Re: ReAction Lines
« Reply #15 on: September 3, 2013, 09:45 PM »
There's a difference between 1978 and 1985 but like Jesse says it's pretty marginal. A figure that 'looks' like it belongs in the Kenner line would be good enough. I think the OT would be where all the action is (there are a couple dozen action figures right off that I think would be desirable) but I'd welcome the PT and CW as well.

Offline Scott

• Staff Member
  • Jedi Guardian
  • Get Some
    • View Profile
    • JediDefender
« Reply #16 on: September 3, 2013, 10:13 PM »
Willrow Hood for the win!!!

Offline Jesse James

• Staff Member
  • Grand Master
  • Slippery When Poopy
    • View Profile
    • JediDefender.com
« Reply #17 on: September 3, 2013, 10:20 PM »
Good god that's funny.
2011 Rebel Fleet Trooper Gets My Seal Of Approval!  But Where's The Friggin' Holster On Him!?
Jedi Defender.com Contributing Editor, Twitter @JediDefender & @Jesse_James77

Offline efranks

• Jedi Knight
  • Eric Franks
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: September 3, 2013, 11:39 PM »
I'm really interested to see what they do for BTTF, Aliens and Predator.  Some Colonial Marines from Aliens?  Sure thing!  I'm with Jesse on one point though, I still wish there were more of those snap kit figures around.  I only ever ended up with one Alien and 2 Predator figures and never did score any of the Marines.

E...
"I sell the drugs that keep you people from seeing dragons at night." - Gus "Psych"

Offline Jesse James

• Staff Member
  • Grand Master
  • Slippery When Poopy
    • View Profile
    • JediDefender.com
« Reply #19 on: September 3, 2013, 11:42 PM »
I ordered by the case...  Only reason I have mine, and what an investment.  They seem to sell for a ****load.

But man oh man, that line didn't get the expansion it rightfully deserved.  Hicks didn't even get done...  or Vasquez, or Hudson, or Mad About You, or Bishop.  Weird choices that may have had some likeness issue(?) were the choices instead...  except Ripley.

I love the Super7 Alien though...  So adorable.  Looks like he's got a little grin like the little baby alien at the end of Spaceballs.  "Ah cha cha!"
2011 Rebel Fleet Trooper Gets My Seal Of Approval!  But Where's The Friggin' Holster On Him!?
Jedi Defender.com Contributing Editor, Twitter @JediDefender & @Jesse_James77

Offline Jayson

• Jedi Sentinel
  • I am one with the Force and the Force is with me
    • View Profile
    • www.yakface.com
« Reply #20 on: September 4, 2013, 12:24 AM »
I'd love to see a 3-3/4" scale versions for M.A.S.K.
« Last Edit: September 4, 2013, 12:25 AM by Jayson »
Yakface.com Owner/Content Manager
Follow me on Twitter - @yak_face / @JediJaybird

Offline Scockery

• Jedi Knight
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: September 4, 2013, 08:27 AM »
I don't think the differences (evolution) was drastic enough that it matters terribly...  to me the sculpts didn't improve too much really. 

Depends on what you compare. Amanaman to Walrus Man? R2-D2 to EV-9D9?

It would matter to some people. I think if they did such a line, people would nitpick that stuff to death. LOL.

"HE'S GOT TOO MUCH DETAIL."

"A desert stormtrooper with a moveable neck? THE HEAD SHOULD BE FUSED TO THE BODY!"

;)

Offline evenflow

• Jedi Master
    • View Profile
    • Myspace
« Reply #22 on: September 7, 2013, 09:02 AM »
Back to the Future
Predator
Terminator 1 and 2
The Goonies
Bill and Ted’s Excellent Adventure

Count me in for some of those.

As for the price change, I better get the 5th figure with my early bird set.
Quote the Raven, Nevermore.

"It Can't Rain All The TIme"

Offline Scott

• Staff Member
  • Jedi Guardian
  • Get Some
    • View Profile
    • JediDefender
« Reply #23 on: September 7, 2013, 06:15 PM »
I'd love to see a 3-3/4" scale versions for M.A.S.K.
I was hoping releasing Matt Trakker in the Joe line would have sparked Hasbro's interest in getting M.A.S.K. back on the shelves, it just didn't happen. 

Offline McMetal

• Jedi Master
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: October 30, 2013, 09:41 AM »
I finally picked up the Super 7 Alien Reaction prototype SDCC exclusives via a BIN auction on eBay. I paid a lot, but I got one literally cheaper than any others I have seen up for auction since before SDCC even started, and I have been looking at these auctions every day since then trying to find one at a decent price.

I think I'm pretty happy. These are starting to get more scarce and I don't see the price dropping much lower than I paid, well, ever. Mine was at least $30 cheaper than what they are charging at BBTS.

Now if they would just go ahead and ship the Early Bird figures I paid for months ago...
A character’s face is melted by fantastical energy

Offline McMetal

• Jedi Master
    • View Profile
« Reply #25 on: January 4, 2014, 09:40 PM »
Found out my Early Bird set with exclusive  blue cards + bonus figure has shipped! Should be here next week...psyched!

Offline McMetal

• Jedi Master
    • View Profile
« Reply #26 on: January 6, 2014, 10:17 PM »
Well, this is not going to end well. I have been nervous about this deal for months, primarily because of the amount of time that has passed since I won the original auction for the early bird set on eBay. It is far too late at this point to use negative feedback as leverage or even open a case I am pretty sure. I was just hoping and hoping I was not going to get screwed over somehow.

Lo and behold, I get my package today and it only has 5 figures - the clear alien is conspicuously absent. The guy must have opened the box and removed it because the outside clearly has it listed as part of the case order. #$%^&*() >:(

Anyway, I sent a nice email asking about it but the fact that it wasn't part of the order pretty much tells me he is not going to give it up.

This is a cool line but it's turning out to be just one expensive headache after another. If I have to pick up just that clear alien off eBay I am going to get raped.

Offline McMetal

• Jedi Master
    • View Profile
« Reply #27 on: January 7, 2014, 10:10 AM »
What a prick. He admitted he opened up the sealed case and removed the bonus figure. He claims it was "not part of the original auction" which of course is a load of BS. Now I just have to decide how expensive this is going to be to sort out and how big a stink I want to make about it. Weak, weak sauce.

Online Jeff

• Administrator
  • Jedi Elder
  • Leave me where I lie
    • View Profile
    • www.JediDefender.com
« Reply #28 on: January 7, 2014, 10:22 AM »
Stuff like this is why I never use ebay anymore.  Used to be such a great place, now it just seems like a rip-off den.  Best of luck to you trying to get it resolved.  Going to be really pricey trying to track down a different set with the clear alien. :(
Editor-in-Chief  - www.JediDefender.com
On Twitter?  Follow JediDefender -> @jedidefender

Offline McMetal

• Jedi Master
    • View Profile
« Reply #29 on: January 7, 2014, 09:54 PM »
Yeah...I actually use eBay a LOT, but have gotten pretty shrewd over the years and it's very rare I have any kind of unpleasant dealing honestly. This was a perfect storm type thing though - high dollar item, extended length of time, an unexpected announcement of a surprise bonus figure, and resulting "nebulous" ownership rights.

I did get a reply back tonight and he agreed to let me have the item provided I wanted to pay for it.  ::)

But you know what, I proposed fronting additional money in the first place, so I opened the door. And it's a good price, considering what I would pay for one otherwise by itself on eBay. So I took the deal.

I just figure I could be indignant and self-righteous about the whole thing and stick to my principles but I had a lot of doubt I would have gotten any helpful leverage out of eBay, and at the end of the day, I wanted the figure and this was the best option available.

I'll just have to make it up in sales.  ;)