Author Topic: Unleashed figures  (Read 150689 times)

Offline Morgbug

• Old
  • Jedi Guardian
  • mmm. pemmican.
    • View Profile
Re: Unleashed Discussion Thread
« Reply #225 on: October 2, 2003, 03:34 PM »
Yes, I recall the flight suit Luke being rumoured to be the next version.  This is why I suggested hanging from the bottom of the AT-AT with the lightsaber as a possibility.  

Perhaps in the cockpit of the snowspeeder, though that seems unlikely.
Minivans: a sign of the apocalypse.

Offline DSJ™

• Staff Member
  • Jedi Council Member
  • Bouncy! Bouncy! I'm An Insane Kubrickaholic!™
    • View Profile
« Reply #226 on: October 31, 2003, 02:55 PM »
I finally got my Yoda, Boba Fett & Han today from Hollywood Showcase here in the city. A big Thanks to Ron for bringing them in!  

Offline Nicklab

• Jedi Sentinel
  • I saw we fight!
    • View Profile
« Reply #227 on: November 1, 2003, 10:15 AM »
I got my new Unleashed during the week.  Boba, Han and Yoda are all aweome!  Yoda was a little bit of a tight fit to get on his "force leap:, and Boba Fett is tangled among Sarlacc tenticles.  Keep the cardback handy when you're putting him together because it's a little tricky.
"Call up a Hammerhead Corvette.  I have an idea."

Feedback

Offline jadesfire

• Jedi Apprentice
    • View Profile
« Reply #228 on: November 1, 2003, 07:20 PM »
I like these latest ones the best.  Han Solo is perfect!!

Here are the pictures of the ones I have so far:

Bottom Shelves

Top Shelf

*ICQ seems to be hit and miss to get the pictures loaded...I gotta get a new hosting page :P*
« Last Edit: November 2, 2003, 12:32 PM by jadesfire »
Beth

Offline DSJ™

• Staff Member
  • Jedi Council Member
  • Bouncy! Bouncy! I'm An Insane Kubrickaholic!™
    • View Profile
« Reply #229 on: November 1, 2003, 08:50 PM »
Very nice to see them out of there packages. I have to agree, that Han is perfect. Very nice display Beth!  8)

Offline Morgbug

• Old
  • Jedi Guardian
  • mmm. pemmican.
    • View Profile
« Reply #230 on: November 3, 2003, 03:27 PM »
Finally got mine from Newforce and I am pleased.  Not open yet, but soon :)

the three should lend themselves well to the fiber optic treatment.  should be able to light up Yoda's saber and force 'ball'.  Boba's blaster fire could work pretty well.  The toughie will be fashioning a laser blast from Han's blaster.  But wouldn't it be cool.  

Almost all lend themselves to some sort of modification with fiber optics, but I'm still having difficulty with Leia.  Maybe just a multi-coloured spotlight and really bad dance music pounding out of a tinny speaker....

Offline Scott

• Staff Member
  • Jedi Guardian
  • Get Some
    • View Profile
    • JediDefender
« Reply #231 on: November 5, 2003, 04:30 PM »
If you don't have the Yoda wave yet

https://www.killertoys.com/members/sale.php

Has Openers for $11.50 each and $6 shipping, $40 for all three is a pretty sweet deal!

Offline Scott

• Staff Member
  • Jedi Guardian
  • Get Some
    • View Profile
    • JediDefender
« Reply #232 on: November 5, 2003, 04:32 PM »
And I should add I have ordered from Killertoys in the past and and it went well (they also have Fisto and Zodac up for preorder ;))

Offline JediMAC

• Pretty in Pink
  • Retired Staff Member
  • Jedi Sentinel
    • View Profile
    • JediDefender
« Reply #233 on: November 5, 2003, 09:34 PM »
So I finally joined the realm of the Unleashed collectors a couple weeks ago, by snagging a great deal on a loose/complete Unleashed Slave Leia on the trading boards.  Been looking for her ever since her release.  Patty's absolutely thrilled with this latest acquisition for my collection...   :P

But the thing is, I think that's the only one I'm going to buy from this line.  Leia was just too cool to pass up though!  I'm going to try REAL HARD to just stick with her.  If I'm able to do that, it would definitely be the first time I've ever not collected the "full set" of something, which will usually drive me to borderline insanity if I even think about it!

But truth be told, I don't care too much for most of the Unleashed figures really, so it's not like I honestly want them.  Hopefully I won't need them all now that I've picked up just one though!  I'll keep you all posted on my latest battle with OCD...   :P

Love that Slave Leia figure though.  She's way hot!  (can I say that about a toy)   :-[

I saw a buddy's Unleashed Boba Fett this weekend as well, and was rather surprised to see that he was in a WHITE jumpsuit...  WTF's up with that?  I thought based on Hasbro's running change to the 4" Fett figure that they had figured out what color his outfit really is.  Guess not...  Otherwise, it looked great.
« Last Edit: November 5, 2003, 09:39 PM by JediMAC »

Offline jadesfire

• Jedi Apprentice
    • View Profile
« Reply #234 on: November 5, 2003, 09:41 PM »
Patty's absolutely thrilled with this latest acquisition for my collection...   :P

So all I need to do is work on Patty hey??  :-*
Beth

Offline JediMAC

• Pretty in Pink
  • Retired Staff Member
  • Jedi Sentinel
    • View Profile
    • JediDefender
« Reply #235 on: November 5, 2003, 09:53 PM »
So all I need to do is work on Patty hey??  :-*

Nice try Beth...   ;)

But actually, yeah - that just might work.  Maybe I'll have to hide the Slave Leia away somewhere now...   :-\

Nah.  You just keep your grubby mitts off my girly!   :-*  (but I've already noted that you're still in need of one, and I shall continue to hunt for one for ya'...   :))

Offline Morgbug

• Old
  • Jedi Guardian
  • mmm. pemmican.
    • View Profile
« Reply #236 on: November 5, 2003, 11:09 PM »
And I should add I have ordered from Killertoys in the past and and it went well (they also have Fisto and Zodac up for preorder ;))

I've bought stuff from them before too.  Good dealer (mcfalrlane-wise)

Offline Mikey D

• Jedi Knight
  • Lost soul
    • View Profile
« Reply #237 on: November 6, 2003, 07:36 AM »
Oh boy, is it down hill for you Matt.  I started with just one, the original Vader and it went down hill from there quick.  Soon I had to have them all.  Soon Leia is going to be calling to you, "Oh Matthew, where are my friends?  I'm getting lonely up here"  And since you're more obsessive compulsive than I am, you'll bite and buy them.  If not, then let me be the first to congratulate you on controlling that OCD of yours.  If you do decide to collect some or all of this line, then I think you're in for a treat.  I love this line and they look awesome lined up next to one another.  Only bad thing about (and its not the end of the world) them is these are pretty much an internet exclusive.  Around here, TRU is the only store that stocks these and all they have is Anakins and Padmes from wave 2.  Yoda, Boba and Han are wave 6.  Way to keep up on demand TRU ::)
Common sense isn't so common

Offline Nicklab

• Jedi Sentinel
  • I saw we fight!
    • View Profile
« Reply #238 on: November 6, 2003, 09:47 AM »
I've been in on Unleashed since it began.  It's a great line.  Especially if you like some other toy companies, like McFarlane, Art Asylum, Mezco, etc.  It's a cool, modern take on the characters.

There have definitely been some misteps in the process, especially with distribution, and maybe the Darth Maul and Padme figures.  If Hasbro can find a way to get a proportionate ammount of Unleashed to market, I think they can do really well.  As things stand now, I think some are collecting Unleashed merely because it's been tough to get.
"Call up a Hammerhead Corvette.  I have an idea."

Feedback

Offline JediMAC

• Pretty in Pink
  • Retired Staff Member
  • Jedi Sentinel
    • View Profile
    • JediDefender
« Reply #239 on: November 6, 2003, 10:13 PM »
Stop taunting me Mike!  I know I can do it!  Really.  I think...  Maybe...  Yeah, you're right - probably not.  But I'm doing pretty well so far - 2 weeks now, and I only searched the trading boards and eBay a couple times for some cheap Unleashed figure lots...   :P

On an unrelated note, a fella over at FBTB has managed to snag and post a picture of the upcoming trio of Chewie, Pilot Luke, and the Clonetrooper out of an electronic gaming magazine.

Swing by this FBTB thread if you want to check 'em out!   8)