Author Topic: GI Joe: Classified 6" Figure Line  (Read 5615 times)

Offline Ben

• Jedi Master
    • View Profile
    • greatest blog ever written.
GI Joe: Classified 6" Figure Line
« on: January 14, 2020, 09:44 AM »
https://news.hisstank.com/2020/01/13/g-i-joe-classified-6-inch-action-figure-line-67626

New 6” line called GI Joe Classified. First wave is:
Snake Eyes
Destro
Duke
Scarlett
Roadblock

Glad to see Joe coming back, but I’m not sold on the 6” scale. Guess I’ll wait and see how they look at Toy Fair.

« Last Edit: January 14, 2020, 11:07 AM by Jeff »
don't you know there ain't no devil, there's just God when he's drunk

Offline Brian

• Jedi Sentinel
    • View Profile
Re: GI Joe: Classified 6" Figure Line
« Reply #1 on: January 14, 2020, 12:43 PM »
Much like Star Wars, 3 3/4” always seems like THE scale for Joes....but that being said I’m pretty excited about the prospect of a 6” Joe line. In general, Hasbro hits it out of the park with this scale. Looking at Black Series a and Marvel Legends, or even their Power Rangers or Overwatch lines, you get a pretty quality figure for $20-ish.

I also think I’m more open to this scale because I was so happy with the 25th/30th/etc run of figures we got a few years ago. I know there is always more that can be done, or improvements, but that is a line where I feel pretty complete (figure wise at least). The only drawback is the vehicle/play set side of things, much like Star Wars.

Offline Qui-Gon Jim

• Jedi Padawan
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: January 16, 2020, 08:44 AM »
The real issue with the 6" scale is the viability of vehicles.  Maybe we'll get a RAM or JUMP, but anything bigger than a VAMP is likely out of the question.  A 6" scale Trouble Bubble would be pretty awesome though.

Offline Muftak

• Jedi Apprentice
  • Cardboard Entrepreneur
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: January 16, 2020, 09:34 AM »
The real issue with the 6" scale is the viability of vehicles.  Maybe we'll get a RAM or JUMP, but anything bigger than a VAMP is likely out of the question.  A 6" scale Trouble Bubble would be pretty awesome though.

At the same time, even the 3 3/4" vehicles would be a tough sell these days, if we are going by the Star Wars precedent of $80 Combat Tanks and TIEs and $100 X-Wings. HasLab, we need ya!

I was never a big Joe collector, but I did snatch up the 25th anniversary 5-packs when they came out years ago to satisfy the nostalgia itch for those mains. My first Joes in 83 or 84 were Destro, Scarlet, and a Cobra Soldier, and they were basically purchased to supplement my Star Wars toy adventures, so this first wave interests me (even though I have resisted 6" Star Wars all these years.)

Online Jeff

• Administrator
  • Jedi Elder
  • Leave me where I lie
    • View Profile
    • www.JediDefender.com
« Reply #4 on: February 21, 2020, 12:45 PM »
Hasbro officially kicking off the new 6" line. 

Announcement reveal was sold given to IGN and then a $40 deluxe exclusive version of Snake-Eyes was revealed for Pulse:

G.I. Joe Classified Series Snake Eyes Deluxe Action Figure Hasbro Pulse Exclusive

Same figure (minus the extra accessories) will be in the first wave of $20 basic figures, so you only need it if you want the extra weapons/accessories.
« Last Edit: February 21, 2020, 12:48 PM by Jeff »
Editor-in-Chief  - www.JediDefender.com
On Twitter?  Follow JediDefender -> @jedidefender

Offline Brian

• Jedi Sentinel
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: February 21, 2020, 02:22 PM »
Count me in as being pretty excited for this line. Joe, like Star Wars, will always be thought of as a 3 3/4” line, but I also understand that just isn’t where the game is these days. Plus, between the original ARAH line (which I’m still picking things up for), and the 25/35/50th anniversary lines, I’m pretty happy with the overall run there.

I’ve already preordered Snake Eyes. I’d be perfectly fine with the standard version, but since this was fairly easy to preorder I decided what the heck. I can’t remember more of a “grail search” toy for me than the ‘85 Snake Eyes, so the character and figure always holds a special place for me.

I had started to really get my collecting focused down to basically a Star Wars and a little Marvel, but this whole 80s renaissance this year has me rethinking my plan. Between Joe Classified, Transformers Earthrise, and the upcoming MOTU origins they basically have my nostalgic three right there....and that’s not even bringing up Super 7’s TMNT and Thundercats lines. Oh well, good time to be a collector I guess.

Offline JediJman

• Jedi Guardian
  • I don't get drunk, I get awesome.
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: February 21, 2020, 05:15 PM »
That Snake Eyes looks awesome, but I'm not biting on these.  Just no room for more Joe stuff at this point.
Climbed a mountain & never came back. I will not quit & I always fight back 
From this moment for all my life. What could I say? Was born to be this way. And what could I say?  Just livin' for today

Offline Brian

• Jedi Sentinel
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: February 22, 2020, 08:58 PM »
Ok, so we’ve seen Snake Eyes, Duke, Scarlett, and Roadblock this weekend so far. To me, these look pretty nice. Snake Eyes is amazing, the others are maybe a little different than I expected, but I still like them. Duke was my very first Joe, so happy to see that. Scarlett was a favorite as well, and Roadblock is cool too. Surprised at no Cobra reveals (yet?)

Offline P-Siddy

• Jedi General
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: February 23, 2020, 02:48 PM »
Ok, so we’ve seen Snake Eyes, Duke, Scarlett, and Roadblock this weekend so far. To me, these look pretty nice. Snake Eyes is amazing, the others are maybe a little different than I expected, but I still like them. Duke was my very first Joe, so happy to see that. Scarlett was a favorite as well, and Roadblock is cool too. Surprised at no Cobra reveals (yet?)

I think Destro is one of the "baddies" coming, along with Storm Shadow... those 2 have always changed allegiances throughout the comics it's hard to call them Cobra.

Offline Ben

• Jedi Master
    • View Profile
    • greatest blog ever written.
« Reply #9 on: February 28, 2020, 09:04 AM »
I was never too hot on 6” Joes, but I’m sure I’ll dabble in this line like I do Black Series and Marvel Legends. That Snake Eyes is amazing, but I think the rest look like they belong in the Fortnite line. Hopefully Destro and Storm Shadow look great.
don't you know there ain't no devil, there's just God when he's drunk

Offline Brian

• Jedi Sentinel
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: March 27, 2020, 03:30 PM »
So Hasbro revealed Destro today (for “Joe” day), and he looks pretty great. Definitely more along the lines of updating the Real American Hero look, similar to Snake Eyes. I know reaction to the other three has been mixed, but this looks pretty good.

Offline Qui-Gon Jim

• Jedi Padawan
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: July 16, 2020, 11:31 AM »
I saw the first five (Snake-Eyes, Scarlett, Roadblock, Duke and Destro) on a sidecap at Walmart.  Grabbed Snake-Eyes.  SUPER slippery slope for me.  LOL.

Offline Brian

• Jedi Sentinel
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: August 15, 2020, 07:20 PM »
Was able to snag a Target exclusive Beach Head today, that is a really nice figures. One of my favorite Joes growing up, and done justice well here. Saw a guy right after me buy the other four on the shelf though, so that’s a little disappointing to see. We know these are so tough for everyone to find, maybe just buy one (especially a non army builder) in this go round and see if they show up again if you want more. I’ll optimistically think that he was buying them for three other friends 😉

Offline Brian

• Jedi Sentinel
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: November 21, 2020, 04:58 PM »
Anyone here collecting this line? I am, but things have been so slow/hard to find it hardly feels like it. I’ve been fortunate to stay current with everything through online orders and a little bit of luck with exclusives, but honestly I don’t think our Targets or Wal-Marts currently have any of the figures in stock at all.

That being said, Flint and Lady Jaye announced Friday, and I think they both look pretty great. They are very similar to their “classic” looks, which I think is what everyone wants pretty much, just updated a bit here and there. Last I saw they weren’t expected until closer to summer 2021, so it looks like a continued slower pace for the line. I believe the Zartan/Cobra Trooper are due in spring. I’m sure the movie postponement changed things up as well.

Offline JediJman

• Jedi Guardian
  • I don't get drunk, I get awesome.
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: November 22, 2020, 09:48 PM »
I was tempted, but have never been much of a Joe guy.  They look cool with Black Series and Legends stuff, but not enough space to do much more 6" as it is.
Climbed a mountain & never came back. I will not quit & I always fight back 
From this moment for all my life. What could I say? Was born to be this way. And what could I say?  Just livin' for today