Author Topic: Have you ever passed  (Read 2700 times)

Offline JoshEEE

• Jedi Apprentice
    • View Profile
    • My Star Wars collection
Re: Have you ever passed
« Reply #15 on: August 30, 2005, 03:23 PM »
I don't need to know anything about anyone's particular marriage to know that the same desire and urgency for a passionate "dessert evening" isn't as strong as it was on day 1 with that person.

I'll agree with you on that point, but if your wife offers you "dessert" and you'd rather go look for toys....that's something else entirely.   I'm sure it's possible...but I just can't see weighing one over the other and choosing the toy run.   Granted, nothing matches the anticipation you have in the beginning of the relationship, but I still find that my desire is a bit stronger than that urge to make it to Target right before they open.

Not to insult the topic starter, but I hope my impending marriage doesn't send me down the road where I'd choose a trip to look at empty pegs at Toys R Us over a specific offer for a little somethin somethin with the Mrs.

We've been together a little over 4 years now, and I'll still drop pretty much whatever I'm doing if I see the bedroom eyes.  I hope the ring doesn't change that. ;D
Got Clones?

Offline TheBlackDog65

• Jedi Padawan
    • View Profile
Re: Have you ever passed
« Reply #16 on: August 30, 2005, 06:32 PM »
No offense taken at all! Actually, I really doubt if anything would have happen Friday night, and it was a light moment between my wife and I.  I normally would never pass up an opportunity to be with my wife,  and my wife and I have an outstanding relationship in everyway, and we would rather spend time with each other then anything. I do have to say though that all though I love being with my wife more than I did when we got married, time will allow you to give some space to each other.

As far as the vasectomy goes, that was done about 6 years ago, so I really don't have to worry about kids. The purpose of the post was to try and see if anyone else has passed on something be it noogles in the bed, or a sports game, etc to make a run, and then lived to regret it.

I have said this in many places, my philosophy overall is really changing on collecting to the point that after the last 12, I will become very picky over what I buy, I'll probably buy most online so as not to miss opportunities to be with my family, and collecting overall is moving to the  back  burner because I think in my case (and several cases I know) it becomes a very selfish and self centered hobby. That's just my opinion, and I am not saying that anyone else is that way, I am just saying that I have observed that in myself and in other collectors I know. I'll still collect, just more selective and more like several other collectors (and how I was prior to ROTS) to looking for stuff when I am at the store normally. I guess movie years have blinded me alittle, and as we move out of a movie year, I see reality with a more corrective lense then before.
That and I have found I really like customizing alot so I'll probably move in that direction to some degree.
"For too long gentleness has been equated with weakness.  Yet it takes more strength to be gentle than to be mean."

John Keeshan

Wants: Saga Wave 3