Author Topic: 2023 TVC Deluxe TM Darktrooper  (Read 3000 times)

Offline Nicklab

• Jedi Sentinel
  • I saw we fight!
    • View Profile
Re: 2023 TVC Deluxe TM Darktrooper
« Reply #60 on: January 3, 2023, 07:56 AM »
I've opened two of mine so far.  I think it's a reasonably good figure.  I have not had issues with them holding the blaster.  I like the way the charging lockers interconnect to one another, and it helps with the whole world building concept.

Criticisms? 
-I get the sense that they might be slightly undersized.  And the head and hands seem like they should be a little bit larger.
-The power cables don't seem to connect anywhere on the body of the Dark Trooper
-The exhaust jets are all well and good.  But Hasbro still doesn't have any kind of a flight stand on the market that's well suited for 3.75" figures.  They do have them for 6" figures on Hasbro Pulse, but they seem oversized for the 1:18 scale.
"Call up a Hammerhead Corvette.  I have an idea."

Feedback

Offline Rob

• Staff Member
  • Jedi Elder
    • View Profile
« Reply #61 on: January 3, 2023, 06:48 PM »
For me it's not that it can't hold the gun, it's that it keeps dropping it when I try to put him in the rack.  It took some work, but I did get them all open and set up today.  Going to have to rearrange some things to get them onto the shelves this weekend:

Offline CorranHorn

• Jedi Apprentice
  • I can't think of anything witty to say...
    • View Profile
    • The Power Of The Customizer
« Reply #62 on: January 3, 2023, 09:17 PM »
Interesting comments on the Darktroopers feeling light. I always feel like TBS version is too light for what it represents. TVC version does not feel that way though. Looking at the gif and still shots here - https://www.fanpop.com/clubs/the-mandalorian/images/43703796/title/din-vs-dark-trooper-mandalorian-chapter-16-rescue-fanart - I think the figure may just be a tad shorter than it should be but nothing to egregious. It does have an overall nice sculpt and good paint job. Worth the original asking price? No way. Worth the reduced price, in this day and age yes.
Jason F.

- FFURG Admin
- Vintage Needs: Micro Collection Snowspeeder box and pilots, Micro Collection X-Wing pilot

Offline StBrianOfMinneapolis

• Jedi Apprentice
  • Biggs was right!
    • View Profile
« Reply #63 on: January 4, 2023, 04:41 PM »
Yikes, I'm going to cancel my darktroopers and see what happens. I don't really care about the wall pods. Maybe these will be rereleased on the standard card and or get a second run with fixes for the issues.
Macklunkey!