Author Topic: Clone Wars Maquettes Yoda  (Read 82551 times)

Offline Nicklab

• Jedi Sentinel
  • I saw we fight!
    • View Profile
Re: Clone Wars Maquettes Yoda
« Reply #375 on: May 29, 2007, 02:52 PM »
I scored one on Thursday.  Some of the people on line were going nuts about it, because the Star Wars Shop booth was probably one of the most disorganized of the entire show.

I'm currently waiting for it to arrive at home since I had to ship almost everything I bought at C4.  This is really the only one of the special versions of a previously released animated maquette that I've wanted to keep.
« Last Edit: May 29, 2007, 02:53 PM by Nicklab »
"Call up a Hammerhead Corvette.  I have an idea."

Feedback

Offline evenflow

• Jedi Master
    • View Profile
    • Myspace
« Reply #376 on: May 29, 2007, 02:56 PM »
Do you know if they sold out? I have been checking the starwarsshop non-stop hoping they go up for order today.
Quote the Raven, Nevermore.

"It Can't Rain All The TIme"

Offline Nicklab

• Jedi Sentinel
  • I saw we fight!
    • View Profile
« Reply #377 on: May 29, 2007, 02:59 PM »
Not sure.  They sold at least 350 on Fan Club day and I didn't really have time to check back after that.  I was trying to get the Gentle Giant Yoda & R2 after that so I didn't have time to focus on going back for Boba Fett.  It got to be very rat-race like in the exhibit hall with the exclusives.

Feedback

Offline Bobafett77

• Jedi Padawan
    • View Profile
« Reply #378 on: May 29, 2007, 08:43 PM »
Do you know if they sold out? I have been checking the starwarsshop non-stop hoping they go up for order today.

Unfortunately, yes.  I was able to grab this on Friday and the guy running the booth said they sold 400 on Thursday and the last 300 on Friday.

Offline Nicklab

• Jedi Sentinel
  • I saw we fight!
    • View Profile
« Reply #379 on: May 30, 2007, 01:55 AM »
The remaining allotment goes to Celebration Europe, IIRC.

Feedback

Offline Darth Slothus

• Jedi Knight
    • View Profile
« Reply #380 on: June 7, 2007, 05:00 PM »
Was able to luck out an get the animated fett it's number 50. I was waiting at the door for the convention to open..somehow there was already a large contingent 100 people at the SW booth already inside -when they opened the doors everyone ran (including me) knocking down others and what not...I knew they sold most on friday already. Everbody else apparently did too, the 'line' if want to call it that went all the way around the booth then there was 100 more people in front of the booth. I stupidly ran to where I thought the line was, had to run all the way around and ended up on the fringe of the pile of folks. The Lady had 5 tickets left in her hand when I got mine-what a relief! I was nearby mere minutes later when they exclaimed over a loudspeaker they were sold out to ticketholders only. Then, they put a sign up. I really wanted this-it's my only Fett macquette now.

Yoda with Kybuck..says available July...is it a SDCC exclusive? Number is TBD like the Han and Chewie -was there a preorder for this and I missed it? Hope not! Noticed a Mace windu announced for this year too.

would like to see and would buy-- DURGE --GG didn't make him too did they?

DS

Offline Morgbug

• Old
  • Jedi Guardian
  • mmm. pemmican.
    • View Profile
« Reply #381 on: June 11, 2007, 12:24 PM »
Yoda with Kybuck..says available July...is it a SDCC exclusive? Number is TBD like the Han and Chewie -was there a preorder for this and I missed it? Hope not! Noticed a Mace windu announced for this year too.

would like to see and would buy-- DURGE --GG didn't make him too did they?

DS

Jon,
Yoda/Kybuck is a regular release Maquette for the Clone Wars line I believe.  It is not, to the best of my knowledge, a SDCC exclusive.  The exclusive maquette from GG for SDCC is still the Yoda/R2 OT maquette, same as for C4.  It's a "world tour" exclusive, so they are taking it to all the shows as the exclusive. 

I don't know of a Durge maquette at this point.
Minivans: a sign of the apocalypse.

Offline DarkKnight2k4

• Jedi Apprentice
  • You underestimate my power...
    • View Profile
    • New Jersey Star Wars Collectors Club
« Reply #382 on: June 11, 2007, 12:47 PM »
I don't know of a Durge maquette at this point.

I beleive the Clone wars line dies with Mace at this point.

Offline evenflow

• Jedi Master
    • View Profile
    • Myspace
« Reply #383 on: June 11, 2007, 03:15 PM »
A Durge maquette would actually be pretty cool.

Offline Darth Slothus

• Jedi Knight
    • View Profile
« Reply #384 on: June 11, 2007, 03:16 PM »
I disagree with Mace being the last-especialy when they can do Dooku, Durge, Emperor, Saesee, Shakk-ti,
 even Kit Fisto. Nope ..too much to gain by them for me to believe that just yet.

Anyway I put myself on a wait-list preorder for the Kybuck piece...what does that mean anyway? Does this mean I get to actually purchase one if someone cancels their order only??? Well, it doesn't sound as good as a guaranteed preorder anyway.

I know Jaydouble had trouble getting the Yoda piece you speak of Brent at C4. So, I better get in line for that one early, huh?

DS

Offline Morgbug

• Old
  • Jedi Guardian
  • mmm. pemmican.
    • View Profile
« Reply #385 on: June 11, 2007, 04:21 PM »
I think the solution is to participate in the pre-order for SDCC like they had for C4.  People who pre-ordered were allowed to get one each of the pre-order items (Malak, Gree, Yoda, R2/Yoda, bustups) by just showing up with their order confirmation.  That's the best solution ahead of time, otherwise lining up is the option.   :-\
You need to be registered with them, but don't have to be part of the upper-crust/suckers membership group that costs money, just on their mailing list/fan club list I think. 

I'm not sure where you ordered from for the Kybuck, so I can't say what the wait list is about?  Talesofwonder.com has the Yoda/Kybuck available for preorder.  I've ordered a fair bit (busts, maquettes) from them and they have yet to let me down, plus the pricing is decent.
Minivans: a sign of the apocalypse.

Offline Nicklab

• Jedi Sentinel
  • I saw we fight!
    • View Profile
« Reply #386 on: June 11, 2007, 06:51 PM »
I disagree with Mace being the last-especialy when they can do Dooku, Durge, Emperor, Saesee, Shakk-ti,
 even Kit Fisto. Nope ..too much to gain by them for me to believe that just yet.

There are definitely some good choices left out there for the Clone Wars animated maquette line, there's no disagreement there.  But Gentle Giant did announce at Toy Fair that the Mace Windu maquette would be the final piece from the Clone Wars line.

Feedback

Offline evenflow

• Jedi Master
    • View Profile
    • Myspace
« Reply #387 on: June 12, 2007, 08:39 AM »

There are definitely some good choices left out there for the Clone Wars animated maquette line, there's no disagreement there.  But Gentle Giant did announce at Toy Fair that the Mace Windu maquette would be the final piece from the Clone Wars line.

They have said that before though and then all of a sudden a bunch more showed up. If they can still make money on it they will still make more.

Offline Hemish

• Jedi Apprentice
  • Blah
    • View Profile
« Reply #388 on: June 13, 2007, 05:50 AM »
Yeah this line isnt finished till they do a Dooku, and possibly a Durge, Shakti so needs to be made and an aayla wouldnt hurt either.
The problem with America is stupidity I'm not saying there should be a capital punishment for stupidity, but why don't we just take the safety labels off of everything and let the problem solve itself

Offline DarkKnight2k4

• Jedi Apprentice
  • You underestimate my power...
    • View Profile
    • New Jersey Star Wars Collectors Club
« Reply #389 on: June 13, 2007, 11:10 AM »
I guess we will see...

I think they will end it here...

So they can juice the OT line now... and then... juice the NEW Clone Wars show...