Author Topic: Recent Clone Wars Finds/Purchases  (Read 336978 times)

Offline Pete_Fett

• Jedi Knight
  • Jedi Killer
    • View Profile
Re: Recent Clone Wars Finds/Purchases
« Reply #480 on: December 4, 2010, 01:21 AM »
Stopped by a WalMart on the way home from work and while the Zombie Geonosian wave still alludes me, I was able to finish off what I needed from the Embo wave:

1x Boba Fett
3x R4
3x Mando
Peter

Letting my collecting OCD get the better of me on a DAILY basis... and loving EVERY minute of it!

Offline Jabba the Slug

• Jedi Apprentice
    • View Profile
« Reply #481 on: December 4, 2010, 02:04 AM »
Found Ki-Adi Mundi for the first time at Target. Nobody else from his wave or the next few waves, but I'm taking it as a sign that my Target's more or less on par with keeping up. In the TAC days, no waves past Wave 3 (ANH wave?) ever made it out.
"'Want to see a trick I learned at the Sith Temple? It's called "'Force Choke.'"

Offline iFett

• Jedi Sentinel
  • wabbit hunter
    • View Profile
« Reply #482 on: December 4, 2010, 04:22 PM »
Picked up Baby Boba this morning at Target...and that's about all I could find.
Learn new skills at home that some consider to be.....unnatural.  Easy repayment terms.  555-PLPTN

Offline McMetal

• Jedi Master
    • View Profile
« Reply #483 on: December 4, 2010, 08:07 PM »
Somehow a Phase 1 Dark Trooper MOC showed back up at the local TRU...I have seen it the past few days and finally pulled the trigger. I picked up a TCW Ki-Adi to take advantage of the 2 for $9.99 sale, and will be returning that to Target for $6.99 courtesy of another existing receipt. So I end up with the Dark Trooper for about $3 plus tax...not too shabby.

I hit every Walmart in a 40 mile radius yesterday and not a one of them had restocked any TCW Wave 5 figures. I saw at least 3 stores at night with huge pallets stocked with toy boxes, but all the Hasbro TCW ones I saw were W4R1 (Embo, etc). Looks like it may take awhile to score that mintier carded Vos and Cato for openers.
A character’s face is melted by fantastical energy

Offline Brian

• Jedi Sentinel
    • View Profile
« Reply #484 on: December 5, 2010, 09:58 AM »
I saw (and picked up) Quinlan Vos and Cato at our local WM this weekend.  Didn't see the Zombie Geonosian, but otherwise the pegs were really packed full of CW stuff (and plenty of the Embo wave, surprisingly).

Offline Jesse James

• Staff Member
  • Grand Master
  • Slippery When Poopy
    • View Profile
    • JediDefender.com
« Reply #485 on: December 6, 2010, 02:30 AM »
Saw lots of Embo wave today...  Picked up Embo...  Embo looks spiffy (haven't opened yet though).
2011 Rebel Fleet Trooper Gets My Seal Of Approval!  But Where's The Friggin' Holster On Him!?
Jedi Defender.com Contributing Editor, Twitter @JediDefender & @Jesse_James77

Offline shmashwitdaclub

• Jedi Apprentice
    • View Profile
« Reply #486 on: December 6, 2010, 05:30 PM »
ordered the droid gunship and cad bane's ship from HTS

Offline iFett

• Jedi Sentinel
  • wabbit hunter
    • View Profile
« Reply #487 on: December 6, 2010, 05:48 PM »
ordered the droid gunship and cad bane's ship from HTS

I did the same as well as Plo Koon's ship.  Xanadu Blood doesn't ship for 5-7 more business days so I'm sure that will hold up my order, but I'm just happy to not have to worry about these now.   :)

Thanks Mr. Jeff
« Last Edit: December 6, 2010, 05:49 PM by iFett »
Learn new skills at home that some consider to be.....unnatural.  Easy repayment terms.  555-PLPTN

Offline McMetal

• Jedi Master
    • View Profile
« Reply #488 on: December 11, 2010, 12:20 AM »
Scored all of TCW Wave 5 (Vos, Cato, Draa, & Undead Geonosian) for a cool $20 tonight at TRU, courtesy of their 2 for $9.99 sale. I got there about 11pm (they're open til midnight) and the aisle was crammed with boxes right off the truck. I saw a couple of cases of new Legends and 2 cases marked TCW W5R1. I cracked one open and sure enough it was the newest wave, so I scored all the minty versions/openers I needed, although I'm not sure you can EVER have too many Undead Geonosians. (It is just that freaking cool!)

Interestingly enough, there was some kind of new promotional sticker on the Legends stuff. I can't remember the exact details, but it looked like some kind of game/Clone Wars type deal.

Still waiting for my Droid Tri-Fighter to show up from HTS. Guess I can cancel the Vos and Cato I had on back-order there.  ;D

Offline Jayson

• Jedi Sentinel
  • I am one with the Force and the Force is with me
    • View Profile
    • www.yakface.com
« Reply #489 on: December 11, 2010, 07:02 AM »
Interestingly enough, there was some kind of new promotional sticker on the Legends stuff. I can't remember the exact details, but it looked like some kind of game/Clone Wars type deal.

Sticker details
Yakface.com Owner/Content Manager
Follow me on Twitter - @yak_face / @JediJaybird

Offline Jesse James

• Staff Member
  • Grand Master
  • Slippery When Poopy
    • View Profile
    • JediDefender.com
« Reply #490 on: December 13, 2010, 12:07 AM »
Yeah, it's pertaining to the online Clone Wars game, which people can sign up for free to play it.  It's like Runescape if you're familiar, but a little more arcadey I think.
2011 Rebel Fleet Trooper Gets My Seal Of Approval!  But Where's The Friggin' Holster On Him!?
Jedi Defender.com Contributing Editor, Twitter @JediDefender & @Jesse_James77

Offline McMetal

• Jedi Master
    • View Profile
« Reply #491 on: December 13, 2010, 11:03 AM »
Scored the HMP Droid Gunship off HTS this morning...it must have just been updated as In Stock because it was not listed as such last night. Free shipping was still in effect, as was the SW2010 code, so it can be yours for less than $24.  ;D

My Tri-Fighter should be here today as well, so that's 2 vehicles I won't have to sweat tracking down at retail.

Thinking now that we will not see BARC with Jesse until 2011, so looks like I am done for the year!

Come on, Toy Fair!

Offline Greg

• Jedi Apprentice
    • View Profile
« Reply #492 on: December 13, 2010, 01:19 PM »
Scored the HMP Droid Gunship off HTS this morning...it must have just been updated as In Stock because it was not listed as such last night. Free shipping was still in effect, as was the SW2010 code, so it can be yours for less than $24.  ;D

My Tri-Fighter should be here today as well, so that's 2 vehicles I won't have to sweat tracking down at retail.

Thinking now that we will not see BARC with Jesse until 2011, so looks like I am done for the year!

Come on, Toy Fair!

Thanks to your post, I snagged 2 more undead Geonosians and the last GI Joe Shock Trooper from HTS. I miss the 25% off code, but free shipping makes up for it. The SW2010 discount was $.11 short of cancelling out tax.

Offline McMetal

• Jedi Master
    • View Profile
« Reply #493 on: December 13, 2010, 07:57 PM »
Awesome, glad you got the hook-up, G.

Saw another Vos and Undead Geonosian on the pegs at the local Walmart after work. It was really hard not to buy both on the spot, even having 2 of each already.

I wasn't actually even there to toy shop, but old habits die hard.

Offline Pete_Fett

• Jedi Knight
  • Jedi Killer
    • View Profile
« Reply #494 on: December 14, 2010, 06:24 PM »
I was able to score everything I needed from the Cato/Vos/Draa/Undead Geo wave this morning from one store, all at once - something that never happens. Even better was the fact that this WalMart still had Clone Wars figures priced at $6.00 on the pegs so even though they didn't ring up at the register right away at first, I was able to get them to give me the $6 price. Here's what I got:

Quinlan Vos (x3)
Cato Parasitti (x3)
CloneTrooper Draa (x3)
Undead Geonosian (x7)

So since Clone Commander Jet was pushed back from this wave, I can officially say I'm done with CW figures for 2010 (yeah!!!)

Now all I need to do is find the new vehicles (Plo Koon's JSF, Xanadu Blood, Droid Gunship & Tri Droid Fighter) and I'll be all set.
Peter

Letting my collecting OCD get the better of me on a DAILY basis... and loving EVERY minute of it!