Author Topic: JediDefender Fantasy Football 2011  (Read 50882 times)

Offline ruiner

• Jedi Master
  • raised to be lowered
    • View Profile
Re: JediDefender Fantasy Football 2011
« Reply #60 on: September 8, 2011, 02:23 PM »
Whoa, whoa, whoa; before we hand anything over to Jman, I want to put it to a league vote.

Offline Dressel Rebel

• Jedi General
  • En Sabah Nur
    • View Profile
« Reply #61 on: September 8, 2011, 03:07 PM »
Brent, I support you 100%.  No problems here.
This is what happens when you invade Wakanda

Offline Rob

• Staff Member
  • Jedi Elder
    • View Profile
« Reply #62 on: September 8, 2011, 03:18 PM »
Whoa, whoa, whoa; before we hand anything over to Jman, I want to put it to a league vote.

Not happening.  If anyone is taking over it's someone who's been around for years.  That said, Brent should just keep it and we should all forget any of this ever came up.

Offline Dressel Rebel

• Jedi General
  • En Sabah Nur
    • View Profile
« Reply #63 on: September 8, 2011, 03:24 PM »
^ cosign.

Let's all just observe the regular rules and protocols.  These things that you think are hurting you, like having MJD instead of S-Jax or using NO defense instead of some other crappy defense nobody wanted, they have just as good of a chance or better of helping you rather than hurting you.

Offline JediJman

• Jedi Guardian
  • I don't get drunk, I get awesome.
    • View Profile
« Reply #64 on: September 8, 2011, 04:04 PM »

Not happening.  If anyone is taking over it's someone who's been around for years.  That said, Brent should just keep it and we should all forget any of this ever came up.

I've been in the league for 3 years now and have experience as a commissioner, so I think I'd do just fine Rob.  Don't blow this out of proportion.  Brent isn't stepping down and no one said anything about me taking over.  I think we're all happy with Brent running the show - I just offered to help out if he needs it.  We have a co-commissioner or at least a back up in most of my leagues, so I'd be just fine assuming that role if needed.  I'd be equally fine with anyone else stepping up to help Brent, regardless of their tenure or apparent lack of tact.
Climbed a mountain & never came back. I will not quit & I always fight back 
From this moment for all my life. What could I say? Was born to be this way. And what could I say?  Just livin' for today

Offline Rob

• Staff Member
  • Jedi Elder
    • View Profile
« Reply #65 on: September 8, 2011, 04:16 PM »
I've been in the league for 3 years now and have experience as a commissioner, so I think I'd do just fine Rob.  Don't blow this out of proportion.  Brent isn't stepping down and no one said anything about me taking over.  I think we're all happy with Brent running the show - I just offered to help out if he needs it.  We have a co-commissioner or at least a back up in most of my leagues, so I'd be just fine assuming that role if needed.  I'd be equally fine with anyone else stepping up to help Brent, regardless of their tenure or apparent lack of tact.

That's fine and all, but last night you didn't know how many RB's we can start, if it was a PPR league or not... and you're splitting hairs about why your trade should be accelerated even after most of us agreed that no changes should be made.

Plus, I've been in this league since 2003, and I ran it in 2006.  I don't mean for it to be a pissing contest or anything and I'm not looking for a job (although I'd also be happy to help if it was needed), I'm just saying that you wouldn't be my first choice if Brent wants to pass the torch or grant commish powers to someone, even though it's nice of you to offer.  It's nothing personal or anything.  Thankfully it's not an issue.  Brent's got it and in the 8 or so years I've been in this league, it's very rare that anyone actually uses the commissioner tools.
« Last Edit: September 8, 2011, 04:24 PM by Rob »

Offline JediJman

• Jedi Guardian
    • View Profile
« Reply #66 on: September 8, 2011, 04:34 PM »
That's fine and all, but last night you didn't know how many RB's to start, if it was a PPR league or not... and you're splitting hairs about why your trade should be accelerated even after most of us agreed that no changes should be made.

Plus, I've been in this league since 2003, and have run it once if I remember right.  I don't mean for it to be a pissing contest or anything and I'm not looking for a job (although I'd also be happy to help), I'm just saying that you wouldn't be my first choice if Brent wants to pass the torch or grant commish powers to someone, even though it's nice of you to offer.

You're right, but I would make sure I know those things if I was comissioner or even helping out.  As non-commish, I rely more on the head guy to keep me up to speed with nuances of leagues I'm less involved with.  Besides, you're questioning my memory of scoring rules and you can't even remember if you commissioned the league or not?  Pot and kettle, man.

Not splitting hairs either - not drafting your own guys due to a technical failure is 180 degrees different than forgetting to draft someone or deciding you wanted a different pick after the draft.  I'm not asking for a redraft or waiver priority change - I just asked if we could process the trade faster, which seems like a formality anyway.  If this happened to someone else, I'd be just fine voting for the the trade to go through, which is why I asked about.  Just my opinion and like I said, I'm just fine witht he decision not to accelerate things.

I'd hardly say that "most of us agreed" on anything given the comments.  If that's your interpretation, then I guess you wouldn't be my first choice to be involved as commish either.   ;)  Long live the Canadian!
From this moment for all my life. What could I say? Was born to be this way. And what could I say?  Just livin' for today

Offline ruiner

• Jedi Master
  • raised to be lowered
    • View Profile
« Reply #67 on: September 8, 2011, 04:45 PM »

Amen. 

Offline Dressel Rebel

• Jedi General
  • En Sabah Nur
    • View Profile
« Reply #68 on: September 8, 2011, 04:51 PM »
Plus, I've been in this league since 2003, and I ran it in 2006.  I don't mean for it to be a pissing contest or anything and I'm not looking for a job (although I'd also be happy to help if it was needed), I'm just saying that you wouldn't be my first choice if Brent wants to pass the torch or grant commish powers to someone, even though it's nice of you to offer. 

Everyone knows that I'm the obvious choice in that event.  When I ruled the league with an iron fist, everyone was kept in line.  Though it was never necessary, everyone knew that any agitators would be promptly executed and their star players would be dispersed to all owners that could submit a photocopy of their absentee ballot nod for George W. Bush.

I was showered with gifts by the other owners just so that they would stay in my good graces.

And if I were commissioner, nobody would have even dared ask for the rules to be bent.  I doubt the thought would have ever even dawned on them.

Offline JediJman

• Jedi Guardian
    • View Profile
« Reply #69 on: September 8, 2011, 04:59 PM »
I was showered with gifts by the other owners just so that they would stay in my good graces.

And if I were commissioner, nobody would have even dared ask for the rules to be bent.  I doubt the thought would have ever even dawned on them.

Does gravity have less impact on you given all that hot air?

Offline Rob

• Staff Member
  • Jedi Elder
    • View Profile
« Reply #70 on: September 8, 2011, 05:01 PM »
Everyone knows that I'm the obvious choice in that event.  When I ruled the league with an iron fist, everyone was kept in line.  Though it was never necessary, everyone knew that any agitators would be promptly executed and their star players would be dispersed to all owners that could submit a photocopy of their absentee ballot nod for George W. Bush.

The great Andre Johnson incident of 2005 costs you my vote. :)

Offline Dressel Rebel

• Jedi General
  • En Sabah Nur
    • View Profile
« Reply #71 on: September 8, 2011, 05:36 PM »

The great Andre Johnson incident of 2005 costs you my vote. :)

Oh yeah too bad the waiver wire problem was discovered when it was your turn to bend me over.  I'm sure you would have preferred that I got raped for an additional week.

Offline Rob

• Staff Member
  • Jedi Elder
    • View Profile
« Reply #72 on: September 8, 2011, 05:42 PM »
Didn't mention it to re-hash the argument.  I'm just kidding around - at this point it's water under the bridge.

Offline Dressel Rebel

• Jedi General
  • En Sabah Nur
    • View Profile
« Reply #73 on: September 8, 2011, 05:57 PM »
Didn't mention it to re-hash the argument.  I'm just kidding around - at this point it's water under the bridge.

I'm still mad I got stuck with him.

Offline Rob

• Staff Member
  • Jedi Elder
    • View Profile
« Reply #74 on: September 8, 2011, 06:17 PM »
Nice.