Author Topic: Gentle Giant Mini-Busts  (Read 367089 times)

Offline Morgbug

• Old
  • Jedi Guardian
  • mmm. pemmican.
    • View Profile
Re: Gentle Giant Busts
« Reply #705 on: July 13, 2005, 12:45 PM »
Thanks.  I looked at the pics last night and thought it was nice, but something was bothering me but couldn't put my finger on it.  I looked again today and figured it out.  It fits in the display nicely :)
Minivans: a sign of the apocalypse.

Offline JediMAC

• Pretty in Pink
  • Retired Staff Member
  • Jedi Sentinel
    • View Profile
    • JediDefender
« Reply #706 on: July 14, 2005, 12:01 AM »
Holy ****.  Gentle Giant is supposedly lining folks up down at SDCC right now for a Han Solo bust of some type.  Just got off the phone with Jared (Tydirium), and he says he's in line for it, though there's no confirmation whatsoever yet as to exactly which Han bust it is.  I'm praying to God it's just the regular Han bust that's coming out soon, but I have a bad feeling that it's going to be different...  :'(

One of the main reasons I didn't worry about getting down to Comic Con a couple days early this year was because GG was supposedly NOT having an exclusive bust there.  So they better be sticking to their word!

**Fingers crossed**

Offline Rod

• Jedi Initiate
    • View Profile
« Reply #707 on: July 14, 2005, 12:27 AM »
 :o

Keep us posted...this could be interesting!

Offline Morgbug

• Old
  • Jedi Guardian
  • mmm. pemmican.
    • View Profile
« Reply #708 on: July 14, 2005, 12:28 AM »
Well for a change I can actually NOT ask you for a favor Matt.  I can't think of a Han bust I want.  I've got the stormtrooper and don't want the regular (it's great, I'm just sticking to my Imperial focus).  I can't think of what else it could be (victory celebration with medal - like the bust up?)

I can't imagine people lining up for the regular release though, so something's got to be up.  

If it's a Chewie with shackles to go between the stormtrooper Han and Luke, sign me up though :P

Offline Darthshader

• Jedi Initiate
    • View Profile
    • TradeFederation.net
« Reply #709 on: July 14, 2005, 12:40 AM »
Crap again! >:(

Offline JediMAC

• Pretty in Pink
  • Retired Staff Member
  • Jedi Sentinel
    • View Profile
    • JediDefender
« Reply #710 on: July 14, 2005, 12:55 AM »
I just updated Jesse's news post on the main page.  Just got off the phone with Jared, and he had this to say...

He purchased the bust for $50, but hasn't opened it up yet.  As best he can tell, it's the regular Han bust, in exclusive SDCC packaging, with a notation on the box saying "Early Bird Edition" (first 1,000 in edition).  More soon, including pix!

So hopefully there's no need to panic here.  Sounds like the bust should be the same, but the actual packaging is slightly exclusive.  I'll update again as soon as Jared's actually opened the thing up...

Offline Jeff

• Administrator
  • Jedi Elder
  • Leave me where I lie
    • View Profile
    • www.JediDefender.com
« Reply #711 on: July 14, 2005, 01:24 AM »
Editor-in-Chief  - www.JediDefender.com
On Twitter?  Follow JediDefender -> @jedidefender

Offline JesseVader08

• Retired Staff Member
  • Jedi Sentinel
    • View Profile
« Reply #712 on: July 14, 2005, 01:26 AM »
Someone has one up on eBay already?  For ****'s sake, I'm sick of these vultures.   >:(

Offline Commander Cody

• Jedi Initiate
    • View Profile
« Reply #713 on: July 14, 2005, 01:47 AM »
I wish all exclusives were lame early birds! Then collecting would be so much easier!

Offline vegastrooper

• Jedi Initiate
  • whatever dude...
    • View Profile
« Reply #714 on: July 14, 2005, 09:32 AM »

I think, GG just packed up numbers 1-1000 of the upcoming Solo release...slapped them in a special box to sell at the Con.  Same bust...I'll be happy to wait a few weeks and get it cheaper than the $50 Con price...and who cares if I don't get a number below 1000 anyway, I don't.

Offline JayDouble

• Jedi Apprentice
  • Let The Wookie Win!
    • View Profile
« Reply #715 on: July 14, 2005, 11:15 AM »
You know what's funny about the Han Solo bust is it has all this elaborate design and etc.  Yet, my Sirius Black I picked up is just plain white and has nothing on it.  You would think the first ever Harry Potter bust they offer says something.  Oh well.   ???

Offline vegastrooper

• Jedi Initiate
  • whatever dude...
    • View Profile
« Reply #716 on: July 14, 2005, 12:08 PM »
GG Boba Fett statue is looking tight...

Fett and Maul statues upcoming...NICE!  I'm very happy...

Offline Brian

• Jedi Sentinel
    • View Profile
« Reply #717 on: July 15, 2005, 11:16 AM »
I don't think it has been mentioned yet, but I was looking through GH's photo coverage yesterday, and it appears a Skiff Lando mini-bust is on the way.  Looks pretty nice to me.  It kind of looks like there is a sign in front of the bust that says "no photography", so who knows how long these pics will stay up.  You can see a few shots of it on this page I believe.

Offline drewlam

• Jedi Initiate
    • View Profile
« Reply #718 on: July 15, 2005, 01:05 PM »
Damn that Lando looks nice.  Sigh.  For the most part, I've been taking the same aproach as Brent and only getting imperials.  But I'm liking that Lando.  And of course, if I were to get the Lando I would need to get the Boussh.  ???

Offline Morgbug

• Old
  • Jedi Guardian
  • mmm. pemmican.
    • View Profile
« Reply #719 on: July 15, 2005, 02:49 PM »
Damn that Lando looks nice.  Sigh.  For the most part, I've been taking the same aproach as Brent and only getting imperials.  But I'm liking that Lando.  And of course, if I were to get the Lando I would need to get the Boussh.  ???

Yup, and you'd need to get a Luke as well (you know a Jedi version is coming some time) and on it goes.  Imperials leaves more than enough room for too much stuff. 

I agree Lando looks great but I refuse to be a completeist with this stuff.