Author Topic: Gentle Giant Mini-Busts  (Read 366412 times)

Offline Rod

• Jedi Initiate
    • View Profile
Re: Gentle Giant Busts
« Reply #840 on: January 8, 2006, 10:46 AM »
Two more GG Holiday Salicious Crumbs on eBay......

End date 1/14 @ 12:00

End date 1/14 @ 18:30

Seems that these are making it to eBay a little more often than the Holiday Sandtrooper did.

« Last Edit: January 8, 2006, 11:01 AM by Gundam »

Offline Zodach

• Youngling
  • Yub Yub!
    • View Profile
« Reply #841 on: January 8, 2006, 03:30 PM »

Seems that these are making it to eBay a little more often than the Holiday Sandtrooper did.

Because they are pretty crappy.

Offline vegastrooper

• Jedi Initiate
  • whatever dude...
    • View Profile
« Reply #842 on: January 18, 2006, 04:10 PM »
Salacious Crumb...minus the holiday gear...is being offered by GG...limited to 2500.

I picked one up...

Offline JesseVader08

• Retired Staff Member
  • Jedi Sentinel
    • View Profile
« Reply #843 on: January 18, 2006, 06:39 PM »
This version will have a flickering C-3PO eye, could be neat.

Offline Commander Cody

• Jedi Initiate
    • View Profile
« Reply #844 on: January 18, 2006, 07:02 PM »
The wire from his eye is really thick, but I ordered one anyway. It's cool.

Offline Morgbug

• Old
  • Jedi Guardian
  • mmm. pemmican.
    • View Profile
« Reply #845 on: January 18, 2006, 07:37 PM »
I also ordered one.
Minivans: a sign of the apocalypse.

Offline Bobafett77

• Jedi Padawan
    • View Profile
« Reply #846 on: January 18, 2006, 09:40 PM »
I could resist picking one up too.

Offline JediMAC

• Pretty in Pink
  • Retired Staff Member
  • Jedi Sentinel
    • View Profile
    • JediDefender
« Reply #847 on: January 18, 2006, 10:40 PM »
I ordered Salacious today as well, along with the lame "ice" Bust-up chase set.  Glad to see that our assumptions played out correct, and that GG wound up offering this bust sans Christmas decor.  Makes the other one we all missed out on a little easier to stomach.  Still keeps the collection from being truly complete, but I guess this is close enough, and I'll live...

Offline Morgbug

• Old
  • Jedi Guardian
  • mmm. pemmican.
    • View Profile
« Reply #848 on: January 18, 2006, 10:56 PM »
Still keeps the collection from being truly complete, but I guess this is close enough, and I'll live...

So you're buying prequel busts now too? :P
Minivans: a sign of the apocalypse.

Offline JoshEEE

• Jedi Apprentice
    • View Profile
    • My Star Wars collection
« Reply #849 on: January 19, 2006, 02:23 AM »
So I gotta ask...what's with posting the collector's club links on the front page?
I know that the club is not exactly a secret society (we got into the same debate over at RS after the post was reported and the mods removed the links).....but doesn't it say right there in the mail not to reprint it?  Unless of course you have permission, which I wonder if GG gave out.

Personally....I think the news ougtha be spread in the "Check your mail" fashion....not in the "Hey, here's the link on the front page" newsflash.  I'm sure curious parties who aren't members could PM the topic starters.

I'm not saying I didn't like hearing about the info today. I only heard about this because someone at Rebelscum popped in and started a thread.  I got my bust and my bust ups.  But the thread had over 300 views before I did. Now it's over 1000. That's a lot of people who probably got an order in thanks to the link being posted.

I just don't get the urge to share the link so publicly when all GG asks is not to spread it around.  That's all.

Anyway, as for the bust itself, I was really hoping I'd get to add this unique character (as opposed to some chromed out version of a regular one) to my collection after I saw the holiday one and now that I can, I won't miss the Santa hat version at all.   That and the hard to find chase bust ups all in one shot, in one day?

Gentle Giant really racked up some points from me today.
Got Clones?

Offline JesseVader08

• Retired Staff Member
  • Jedi Sentinel
    • View Profile
« Reply #850 on: January 19, 2006, 02:53 AM »

I just don't get the urge to share the link so publicly when all GG asks is not to spread it around. That's all.

So you don't think people should post the link, yet you used it (at RS) to buy your bust?

Offline Commander Cody

• Jedi Initiate
    • View Profile
« Reply #851 on: January 19, 2006, 03:51 AM »
So I gotta ask...what's with posting the collector's club links on the front page?
I know that the club is not exactly a secret society (we got into the same debate over at RS after the post was reported and the mods removed the links).....but doesn't it say right there in the mail not to reprint it?  Unless of course you have permission, which I wonder if GG gave out.

Josh, I gotta say that you've always been a major pain in the a**. STFU for a change.

That is all.

Offline Rod

• Jedi Initiate
    • View Profile
« Reply #852 on: January 19, 2006, 09:21 AM »
I think it's inevitable that the link will make it's way all over the place but I just see it as a courtesy thing....GG says they don't want it popsted. So don't post it.

Being a member of the CC is not secret...anybody can join.  But even though a die-hard scalper will still find the way to get multiples, I at least don't want to help them make more money.....they need to work at it themselves.

Offline Jeff

• Administrator
  • Jedi Elder
  • Leave me where I lie
    • View Profile
    • www.JediDefender.com
« Reply #853 on: January 19, 2006, 10:40 AM »

I just don't get the urge to share the link so publicly when all GG asks is not to spread it around.  That's all.

Well, I posted it on the front page, so I'll address this.

First off, I'm not a member of the Gentle Giant Collector Club (don't even collect these), yet I got the actual links from 3 different people via e-mail.  I never saw the "please don't share this" info as the people who shared it with me left that part out.  :P

My job is getting Star Wars related information in the hands of the people who are looking for it.  Simple as that.  I got a few leads that GG was offering these and the info checked out, so I posted it.

Sure, if I had known I suppose I could have said "check your e-mail" but what if the SPAM monster ate their e-mail?  What if they can't check it because their place of employment doesn't allow access to their hotmail/yahoo e-mail? 

Why not make life easier for fellow collectors by just posting the links?  Collecting stuff like GG is hard enough as it is without adding some collector club only mumbo-jumbo into the mix.  I'm sure that the GG scalpers are well-aware of the club and are members ordering their one-per-day allotment, probably under multiple accounts.  I highly doubt that by posting the links I let the scalpers in on the secret.

Anyway, trying to keep information in a publicly dispersed e-mail private is kinda silly.  The info will get out there anyway, what is the difference if people get the info via the front page link or via a PM from another forum member?  Either way people are sharing the info.
Editor-in-Chief  - www.JediDefender.com
On Twitter?  Follow JediDefender -> @jedidefender

Offline JoshEEE

• Jedi Apprentice
    • View Profile
    • My Star Wars collection
« Reply #854 on: January 19, 2006, 02:55 PM »

So you don't think people should post the link, yet you used it (at RS) to buy your bust?

Not exactly. I saw the thread at RS and used that information to go check my hotmail (which I hadn't checked) and bought the bust from my own link.   I'm not saying the information was bad....just that posting the link GG said "please don't repost" all over the place isn't cool.

Why not make life easier for fellow collectors by just posting the links?

Fellow GG collectors can (and should have already) signed up for the email list.  I'm sure if any of your friends didn't sign up, they could have asked you via PM for the link. Anyone who's interested in Gentle Giant should already be a member by now, right?  If not...now's a good time to join up. 

I'm not saying "Let's be dicks to our fellow collectors" I'm saying "Let's be dicks to scalpers and all the prospectors out there who buy these damn things just because they think they will be hard to get".  I know it's not hard to become a member of GG's club (or find the links once they're emailed out to the people who are) but if even 1 person who wasn't going to buy one of these, but did buy one to resell because of the link gets one....that's one collector who may not get one.

So I say, **** those guys....make them work harder for stuff, by listening to what Gentle Giant asks of you and not reposting links like these.   

That's all.

Josh, I gotta say that you've always been a major pain in the a**. STFU for a change.

That is all.

When I want your opinion, I'll give it to you.   Now, run along. ;D
Got Clones?