Author Topic: 2004 DVD Release List  (Read 101135 times)

SilverZ

Re: 2004 DVD Release List
« Reply #465 on: May 27, 2004, 09:09 PM »

There's a special place in my heart reserved only for Danol.

"There's gold in them there dumpsters."

I guess he's been posting up a storm lately at HTF under the name "John*C". . .

Yes indeed! He was plodding through AVSForum for a while, but yeah, looks like he's found his way to HTF. Bless his heart.

Offline jokabofe

• Jedi Knight
    • View Profile
« Reply #466 on: May 27, 2004, 09:50 PM »
Out now (and viewed last night):

Greatest. Movie. Ever.

PS: I love you all.  :-*

hmmm. i wouldn't say greatest movie ever. bruce definitely does an excellent elvis impersonation, but honestly i was a little disappointed in this flick. i have high expectations for anything involving mr. campbell, and this just didn't hit those heights.

Offline Morgbug

• Old
  • Jedi Guardian
  • mmm. pemmican.
    • View Profile
« Reply #467 on: May 27, 2004, 10:48 PM »

$5.  How could you not buy it? :-*
Minivans: a sign of the apocalypse.

Offline Matt

• Jedi Master
    • View Profile
    • Lobot's Duplex
« Reply #468 on: May 28, 2004, 01:00 PM »
Hey, if any of you guys are interested in any of the Muppet Show discs, Time/Life's website is selling the entire 15-disc set right now for $60.

Visit this DVD Talk thread for more:

!!!BLAZING HOT!!! All 15 Muppet Show discs for 60 bucks!

I was able to get this 15-disc set, plus a 2-CD set of 80's music for about $65 shipped using the "JMPPCT" code.  

There's another code (MYGU88) which will get you 15% off the set itself, but the shipping on that is about $16, to bring it to a total of around $67 just for the DVDs.

The trick is to find something else to add that's around $10-15 or so, and once your total hits $65, you get 10% off plus free shipping with the JMPPCT code.

It's like, four bucks a disc, which is an insanely good deal.

And don't forget--this set also includes the famous Mark Hamill/Star Wars episode which most of us are probably familiar with.
"The good news is that all that blood is actually ketchup. The bad news, however, is that all that ketchup is actually blood."

Offline Scott

• Staff Member
  • Jedi Guardian
  • Get Some
    • View Profile
    • JediDefender
« Reply #469 on: May 28, 2004, 01:04 PM »
Backordered :-\

Offline Matt

• Jedi Master
    • View Profile
    • Lobot's Duplex
« Reply #470 on: May 28, 2004, 01:07 PM »
Backordered :-\

Yeah, backordered, I should have mentioned.

Sorry.

I still ordered mine, though.  Even backordered, it's still a nice enough deal that I don't mind waiting.

This is a set that I think used to sell for betwixt between $100-150 not very long ago. . .
"The good news is that all that blood is actually ketchup. The bad news, however, is that all that ketchup is actually blood."

Offline Scott

• Staff Member
  • Jedi Guardian
  • Get Some
    • View Profile
    • JediDefender
« Reply #471 on: May 28, 2004, 01:09 PM »
I guess my question is...is this some sort of clearance and backorders might not be filled or will they be getting new stock in :-\

Offline Matt

• Jedi Master
    • View Profile
    • Lobot's Duplex
« Reply #472 on: May 28, 2004, 01:13 PM »
I guess my question is...is this some sort of clearance and backorders might not be filled or will they be getting new stock in :-\

Don't know--but I trust Time/Life a wee bit more than I would, say, StarWarsShop.com or whatever the hell it's called. . .

(And I think a few people mentioned in that DVD Talk thread that they spoke to operators who said they were backordered for about six weeks or so.)

I think it's a pretty safe bet.

SilverZ

« Reply #473 on: June 1, 2004, 04:37 AM »
Choose an electric tin opener.

$14.99 at Tower this week!  ;D

Offline DSJ™

• Staff Member
  • Jedi Council Member
  • Bouncy! Bouncy! I'm An Insane Kubrickaholic!™
    • View Profile
« Reply #474 on: June 1, 2004, 09:06 AM »
Das Boot (Original Uncut Version, 1981) Sweet!  8)

For Scott!  :-*

Punky Brewster, Season One.

SilverZ

« Reply #475 on: June 2, 2004, 04:35 AM »
Oh man, yeah... 5 hours of german u-boat action!

Today ended up being pricey - Trainspotting, Flirting with Disaster, Eurotrip, Summer School, and Das Boot.

And it looks like Magnum, PI is headed to DVD this fall. Rick and TC rule.  8)

SilverZ

« Reply #476 on: June 2, 2004, 04:59 AM »
There's a special place in my heart reserved only for Danol.

"There's gold in them there dumpsters."

It's 2am and I've decided the we all need to heed the knowledge of Master Danol. Today, I present you with:

Danol, what do you think of Mountain Dew?

A few years back Mt. Dew had a WATS toll free number for people to respond to their new wider openings in the can. I made about 50 calls and told them not to do it, as the average mouth can't take so much at one time. They sent me coupons for free cartons of the drink, but they went and put the wide open tab on their cans anyway. I have to buy 4 cases of liquid to be home delivered, every time I order I ask for bottles not the warned wide open cans besides a couple of cases of bottled spring water. I can stock about 10 cases in the bathroom on the long unused poddy seat. A friend of ours measured it and made a multiple plywood board to fit over and across, the not used anymore seat.

You come to my place and it's soda or water is served cold as a cucumber, Mt.Doo it's a good flavor they picked. The original cocaine formula of Coca Cola, around the turn of the century they made them change it, for too many were becoming addicted. Cola is misspelled also, for the Kola nut a naturally ccaffeinated herb.

Coca Cola put the word Gay in Gay 90's (not homosexual) on the map, leading to addiction; and people never knew up to the time of the forced by the government change of formula, that it was a *narcotic* formula! Imagine what the world would be like today with cars and other things fast for the heavy drinkers of Coca Cola in the original formula of Cocaine and Kola nut!

I'll take Mt. Dew over anything I see a code number 20J-336-7 6 pack and # 1303SE04234, they also still have the WATS toll free # and www.mountaindew.com if you want to contact them. I hope this helps you to obtain what you want.

Knowledge is Power.

Offline Matt

• Jedi Master
    • View Profile
    • Lobot's Duplex
« Reply #477 on: June 2, 2004, 01:07 PM »
I know I'm not the only one who has difficulty with the longer posts of Danol.  The shorter posts--sure, those are just fine, but these multi-paragraph ones--man.  I start out great, but about halfway through, my eyes just start to glaze over and my head starts hurting.

(T)he average mouth can't take so much at one time.

Oh dear.  I'm scared to see what replies this particular passage generated at whatever message board you got this from. . .

God bless you, Danol.

SilverZ

« Reply #478 on: June 2, 2004, 03:26 PM »
I had a chance to watch a bit of Trainspotting last night. Soooo much better than the previous release. It is so choice. If you have the means, I highly recommend picking one up.

I know I'm not the only one who has difficulty with the longer posts of Danol.  The shorter posts--sure, those are just fine, but these multi-paragraph ones--man.  I start out great, but about halfway through, my eyes just start to glaze over and my head starts hurting.

But that's the great joy of the longer ones. You can come back to them again and again, and discover something new. For now, I will often wonder... What indeed would the world be like with cars and other things fast for the heavy drinkers of Coca Cola in the original formula of Cocaine and Kola nut?

Offline Scott

• Staff Member
  • Jedi Guardian
  • Get Some
    • View Profile
    • JediDefender
« Reply #479 on: June 2, 2004, 03:37 PM »
I love Trainspotting, a truly great movie.  Might have to pick that one up