Community > Other Toy Lines

Aliens: Colonial Marines - by Hiya Toy

<< < (3/16) > >>

Greg:
That looks pretty slick. I love the egg with face hugger. While I probably won't purchase due to price (I was spoiled by some $10 Neca Xenos) it's great that Hiya packed in a bunch of extra stuff. I really can't wait for the Marines... I'll cave on those for sure.

Jesse James:
Given it's an import, extra hands, the egg and hugger...  I'm pretty sold on it being basically a mini-SS figure.  That trumped the price.  Plus I'm not jumping scales (I'm sticking to that, haha) so 4" or bust.  I have the Hot Toys Snap Kit guys, and some Microman Alien Warriors (which are awesome, came with basically some of the same stuff, and cost a lot more).

I'm anxious for the Marines and Power Suit at this point...  If they're even remotely close in quality, I'm impressed.

Their human figures (Our War line) are hit/miss.  The quality's there but there are tweaks needed to perfect those.  I'm curious to see how they'd go.  They really do creatures perfectly though, so they've got the ability and then some I think to really put out incredible toy lines.

I'd like to see a price cut to something under $20.  $15.99 would be more reasonable to buy multiples of anything they make I think.  Their Our War line is about $10/per, but blister packaged, and re-uses a lot of parts.

Jesse James:
They may not be the zippiest in production terms, but Hiya just blew my mind tonight. :)

Hiya Toys Reveals 1/18 Power Loader Suit Prototype

From their Aliens: Colonial Marines (which makes for a billion times cooler toy line than it did a video game!), Hiya Toys has indeed prototyped the Power Loader.  A rep from the site told me last year they were working on it, and that it was pretty complex to do.  I'm loving that proto though! 

Take note of those prototype humans too.  I was told that they're also working on USCMs, which would be from the game (IE: No Hicks/Vasquez, etc., but the fact we could see hyper articulated USCM's is cool unto itself).  I can't tell if any of the proto human figures are of said marines, but very well could be.  One can only hope.

If you've been on the fence, I cannot say enough positives about their Alien figures from the game.  The price nets you a hyper articulated Alien, an egg, a facehugger...  How can you go wrong?  They really do pack a ton of little bits and pieces in for the price.  Oh, and a bitchin' stand that looks like deck plating to boot.  I got the Alien Warrior last year, and am picking up more soon.  It fits in flawlessly with my Hot Toys 1/18 figures to boot, and I'd army build the eggs alone to be honest.  They could sell those in a box of 10, and I'd be down for a few.

Support lines like this...  You'll be glad you did, and shocked how fun they mix in on your Star Wars shelf too, plus it helps fill in any lulls in Star Wars without being overwhelming to collect since they're smaller lines.

Jeff:
Nice Review of the Xenomorph soldier.

McMetal:
There are just too many companies running separate lines for this franchise. It would be next to impossible for someone wanting to jump on board at this point to catch up. But there is definitely some cool stuff out there.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version