Author Topic: 4” Epic Hero Series Figure Line  (Read 2135 times)

Offline Nicklab

• Jedi Sentinel
  • I saw we fight!
    • View Profile
Re: 4” Epic Hero Series Figure Line
« Reply #15 on: November 10, 2023, 10:38 AM »
Jayson has a new post saying the 4” scale is not a new scale, that what we call 3.75” and this 4” are both the same 1:18.

I generally don’t doubt him.  I guess I’ll wait and see if they feel like they fit later and go from there.

I've got the GotG Epic Heroes figures.  They do not come across as substantially larger than Star Wars TVC figures at all.  I'm going to have to take some comparison photos to illustrate any differences.

Generally, I think people are getting hung up about 1/4 inch.  I think for the purpose of talking about a figure line whole numbers are probably the easiest way to communicate that.  Talking about 1:18 scale or 1:12 scale or whatever else isn't helpful for most people.  And with The Vintage Collection there's a pretty wide range of figure heights from character to character.  I would say the sky is most certainly not falling here.

If this line can bring us some new items quickly?  Along with some vehicles that might not make the cut in TVC?  Go for it!  I think this could be a great way for Hasbro to deliver the Pirate Snub Fighters from TM season 3, or the fighters seen in AHSOKA without it breaking the bank.  Does anyone here think those are an immediate priority for a TVC vehicle?  I think they're low on the list there.  But they could work in a medium vehicle line with a lower price point.
"Call up a Hammerhead Corvette.  I have an idea."

Feedback

Offline Jedi Idej

• Jedi Padawan
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: November 10, 2023, 03:09 PM »
I always considered the 3.75" and 4" lines the same 1:18 scale. I just say 3.75" because that's how the Star Wars small figs were always referred to.

Using 6', or 72", as the standard height/length, 1/18 of that is 4". Mark Hamill is 5'8", or 68". (Different internet sources list him anywhere from 5'-7" to 5'-9".) That's 3.778". Close enough to 3.75", which is what we generally call the Star Wars small figures.

My fuzzy logic.  :P

But as was mentioned already, we'll see.
« Last Edit: November 10, 2023, 03:52 PM by Jedi Idej »

Offline Jeff

• Administrator
  • Jedi Elder
  • Leave me where I lie
    • View Profile
    • www.JediDefender.com
« Reply #17 on: December 5, 2023, 11:54 AM »
Pre-orders are open for these now at EE -

Basic Figures Wave 1, Case of Six -> https://ee.toys/XZLFHW $63
1x Ahsoka, 1x Luke, 1x Grogu, 1x Mando, 1x Vader, 1x Stormtrooper

Deluxe Figures Wave 1, Case of 4 -> https://ee.toys/FF70TP $52
2x Paz, 2x Sabine

Deluxe Figures Wave 1, Set of 2 -> https://ee.toys/FGQ3N1 $26
1x Pax, 1x Sabine

#sponsoredpost
Editor-in-Chief  - www.JediDefender.com
On Twitter?  Follow JediDefender -> @jedidefender

Offline Rob

• Staff Member
  • Jedi Elder
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: December 5, 2023, 12:12 PM »
I'm getting big 1995 vibes from that Vader.

Offline Nicklab

• Jedi Sentinel
  • I saw we fight!
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: December 10, 2023, 11:29 AM »
Pass on the figures.  I had been hopeful that Hasbro would articulate these figures at least as well as the Marvel Epic Heroes figures.  But those hopes have been dashed.  I'm not going to buy these mostly because I'm not the target market.  And that's going to remain the case until there's a character in the Epic Heroes line that just has not been, or is unlikely to be offered in the Vintage Collection.

My hopes for the Epic Heroes line lie with the potential for vehicles.  So let's wait and see what develops.

Feedback

Offline Jedi Idej

• Jedi Padawan
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: December 10, 2023, 01:43 PM »
Pass on the figures.  I had been hopeful that Hasbro would articulate these figures at least as well as the Marvel Epic Heroes figures.  But those hopes have been dashed.  I'm not going to buy these mostly because I'm not the target market.  And that's going to remain the case until there's a character in the Epic Heroes line that just has not been, or is unlikely to be offered in the Vintage Collection.

I'm 99% leaning the same way.

I intended to collect the Young Jedi Adventures toys. When I saw them, I just couldn't bring myself to collect them for space-sake. The same rationale goes for these, the exception being a cool figure/accessory/beast/vehicle we'll unlikely see in the "collector" line in the near future.

Happy they're being made by Hasbro. Hopefully it's successful enough with:
- x-over sales from the collector-focused lines
- gift buyers for younger kids ("So-and-so likes Star Wars. I can get 3 of these colorful toys for less than 2 of those. (Those == the TVC or Black Series.))
- kids, who probably has a fleeting interest in SW toys but would enjoy the features

Offline Dave

• Jedi Master
  • Never Trust a Big Butt and a Smile - BBD
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: December 11, 2023, 11:17 AM »
Have we heard if these are getting picked up by major retail (Target, Walmart)?  I assume that is what these are designed for.

I'll be interested to check these out in person and probably pick and choose here and there - looking at you Stormtrooper.  I don't think I'm going to chase this whole line but I do like where they're going with this and would much rather see figures like this than Retro figures.  Retro is cute and all, but I'd rather get a $10-12 Mon Mothma 5POA in a modern style than a $10-12 Mon Mothma in a Retro style.

Offline Jeff

• Administrator
  • Jedi Elder
  • Leave me where I lie
    • View Profile
    • www.JediDefender.com
« Reply #22 on: December 11, 2023, 01:36 PM »
Have we heard if these are getting picked up by major retail (Target, Walmart)? 

Jayson has some DPCI info in his mega-rumor list, so it seems these should be at retail to some degree.

My hopes for the Epic Heroes line lie with the potential for vehicles.  So let's wait and see what develops.

I'm hoping that we can finally get like a basic Blurrg or that wolf thing from Ahsoka or other things beyond just vehicles too with this new line. 
« Last Edit: December 11, 2023, 01:39 PM by Jeff »

Offline Nicklab

• Jedi Sentinel
  • I saw we fight!
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: December 17, 2023, 12:15 PM »
A Blurrg or a Howler would definitely be nice.  But IDK if Hasbro will go there with a creature in this line.

I think it's more likely that we might see vehicles in the Epic Heroes series.  And probably something that's on the simpler side.  I think we can *POSSIBLY* look to the Marvel Epic Heroes line and its vehicles for an idea of what might happen.  But I'm have a difficult time figuring out what that might include if the vehicle line is going to hit a price ceiling of $39.99.

I hope this will not be an excuse to re-release the REBELS speeder bike in new deco for Sabine.  I'd prefer that to be re-made from the ground up in TVC as it's seen in AHSOKA.

Feedback

Offline Rob

• Staff Member
  • Jedi Elder
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: December 17, 2023, 01:53 PM »
Man I don’t know about a Blurgg in this line… I’d want that one to be TVC level stuff.

Offline Jeff

• Administrator
  • Jedi Elder
  • Leave me where I lie
    • View Profile
    • www.JediDefender.com
« Reply #25 on: January 19, 2024, 04:02 PM »
These are starting to trickle onto Amazon now...

Ahsoka -> https://amzn.to/3U5DcBy
Luke -> https://amzn.to/42actpt
Grogu -> https://amzn.to/3S5RaAP
Mando -> https://amzn.to/3S94p3I
Vader -> https://amzn.to/3S4v3uK
Stormtrooper -> https://amzn.to/3S2S413

#sponsored #ad

Offline Rob

• Staff Member
  • Jedi Elder
    • View Profile
« Reply #26 on: January 19, 2024, 04:51 PM »
Thanks Jeff, I snagged the three that are in stock...

Offline McMetal

• Jedi Master
    • View Profile
« Reply #27 on: January 19, 2024, 05:54 PM »
Tempted to grab that Ahsoka…
A character’s face is melted by fantastical energy

Offline Rob

• Staff Member
  • Jedi Elder
    • View Profile
« Reply #28 on: January 28, 2024, 07:26 PM »
Well, Luke got here today.  Overall (and this is probably obvious from the promo photos), I'd say it's a less detailed version of the 5-POA stuff they were doing during Forcelink.  It's harmless, but definitely basic as hell, and of course the character selection is basic too. 

It doesn't feel like good value for almost $11 with tax...

Offline Rob

• Staff Member
  • Jedi Elder
    • View Profile
« Reply #29 on: January 30, 2024, 04:24 PM »
Just got Sabine, Paz, and Ahsoka... the accessories on the deluxe ones are so bulky and devoid of detail that they really really feel like little kid's toys compared to basically everything else Hasbro has ever done at this scale. I'll be trying to hide them on these shelves...