Author Topic: Sequel Prequel?  (Read 4430 times)

Offline Scott

• Staff Member
  • Jedi Guardian
  • Get Some
    • View Profile
    • JediDefender

Offline Nicklab

• Jedi Sentinel
  • I saw we fight!
    • View Profile
Re: Sequel Prequel?
« Reply #1 on: April 15, 2013, 10:09 PM »
Hmmm.  The date on the pages indicate that this *COULD* be a work in progress.  Dave Filoni and some of his writing team are reportedly among the few to survive the layoffs at Lucas Animation.  And Filoni is reportedly working on treatments for some future Star Wars animated project.
"Call up a Hammerhead Corvette.  I have an idea."

Feedback

Offline Scockery

• Jedi Knight
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: April 17, 2013, 12:33 AM »
More of that "other Jedi survived the purge besides Kenobi and Yoda" stuff. Not sure how I feel about that because Yoda had some pretty damn powerful super senses.

Chiss leader of the Empire remnants that isn't Thrawn? WHAAAAT?

Offline McMetal

• Jedi Master
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: April 17, 2013, 09:51 AM »
Sounds super awesome to me, well most of it anyway.

The Shade? Freaking cool.

Talz sidekick Muffie? Ugh.

I have to wonder if this would ever see the light of day though. Anything that has a connection to 1313 seems like a lost cause now.
A character’s face is melted by fantastical energy

Offline Scott

• Staff Member
  • Jedi Guardian
  • Get Some
    • View Profile
    • JediDefender
« Reply #4 on: April 17, 2013, 11:31 AM »
Also note that the character Sky Bonteri who is a Jedi...I wonder who his parents could be?

I think chances of Asohka showing up in Episode VII are at about 95%...if this treatment is indeed true, my hunch is probably spot on...ugh

Offline Muftak

• Jedi Apprentice
  • Cardboard Entrepreneur
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: April 18, 2013, 11:23 AM »
Reading the treatment left me pretty underwhelmed and I hope it doesn't come to pass. An entire Jedi monastery that escaped the Emperor's notice...and Luke choosing to stand as a solitary vigilante? And Muffie!? I'd have to ditch my identity in shame!!

I'd guess Lando's 15 year old daughter would have been conceived right around the time he was infiltrating Jabba's palace...maybe her mom was a slave dancer? Or maybe that's the indiscretion Leia is worried will be discovered? Naw, not obvious enough.

Droids as bad guys is just too prequely to me...why not droids fighting their slave status (and the Jedi taking their side) if we need human vs droid conflict? And a mandalorian with an arm that transforms into a gun or a saber. Ugh.

I was gung-ho for the sequels, but if this is the direction we are heading...less so.

Offline JediJman

• Jedi Guardian
  • I don't get drunk, I get awesome.
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: April 18, 2013, 12:48 PM »
RS is reporting the story is fake. 
Climbed a mountain & never came back. I will not quit & I always fight back 
From this moment for all my life. What could I say? Was born to be this way. And what could I say?  Just livin' for today