Author Topic: Unleashed figures  (Read 152093 times)

Offline JesseVader08

• Retired Staff Member
  • Jedi Sentinel
    • View Profile
Re: Unleashed Again
« Reply #660 on: June 27, 2005, 03:32 PM »
If were Hasbro were smart,

You do realize the problem with this statement, right?   ;)

Offline ruiner

• Jedi Master
  • raised to be lowered
    • View Profile
« Reply #661 on: June 29, 2005, 04:21 PM »
Well, they are catching on and listening to us.

We're getting more detail, articulation and it looks like we're getting more clones!!

;D

Offline jadesfire

• Jedi Apprentice
    • View Profile
« Reply #662 on: June 30, 2005, 03:30 PM »
Just opened up the new Vader and it is one heavy piece.  You have to assemble the stairs and then place the peg in his cape in to the hole in the top of the stairs.  You really need to get this in all the way or I think he is going to come tumbling down if you don't.  Right now, my saber needs some help pointing straight (you add the actual blade to the grip) since my grip was bent but overall, very impressive.  The best way to display this, IMO, is high up or you will miss the effect of him "descending" upon you!!
Beth

Offline JesseVader08

• Retired Staff Member
  • Jedi Sentinel
    • View Profile
« Reply #663 on: June 30, 2005, 03:35 PM »
The best way to display this, IMO, is high up or you will miss the effect of him "descending" upon you!!

I thought that might be the case.  From the pictures I've seen, he seems a bit obscured whenever a pic is taken from an upper angle. 

Still looking forward to having him in my hands, though.  Hopefully I actually see this one at retail or I'm going to have to resort to online ordering.  And soon because I don't want to miss Vader for the 3rd time!

Offline DoctorPadawan

• Jedi Apprentice
  • Get that poison out of your system
    • View Profile
« Reply #664 on: June 30, 2005, 04:50 PM »
Still no sign that Amazon is actually going to ship any of the Unleashed figures to me anytime soon.  No activity on my credit card, and no change in the order status at the website.  Of course, the minute I find them at retail and come home to cancel the order, they will have shipped in the hour I'm away from the computer.  ::)

Any idea why they only shipped you Vader now, Beth?  And did they happen to say how long it would be before they sent the other two?

Offline Holographic Elvis

• Jedi Apprentice
  • I'll punch you in the junk!
    • View Profile
« Reply #665 on: June 30, 2005, 04:58 PM »
Some guy was slingin his Vader on Spawn.com.  Said he got it from Amazon.  Strange that only that one is shipping.

Offline jadesfire

• Jedi Apprentice
    • View Profile
« Reply #666 on: June 30, 2005, 09:56 PM »
No activity on my other two and I ordered all at the same time.  In fact, the two left state they will be shipping on June 10th....so Amazon has not updated my order even after shipping Vader.

One thing to mention for anyone that keeps these carded.  It arrived jammed (and I do mean JAMMED) in the smallest box you could imagine.  They had to fold the top and sides in to stuff it in the box.  Obviously I don't care but I would have had a cow right on the spot if I was going to display it mint.
Beth

• Jedi Apprentice
    • View Profile
« Reply #667 on: July 1, 2005, 08:16 PM »
Just added the red Clone Trooper to my collection.  :)

Update: Just scored a set of the new Unleashed!  I must say that I was very unimpressed w/ the Asajj at C3 and still am somewhat now that I've opened one.  I decided last month that I'm fully committed to this line now so I'm grabbing every piece.  I still have 12 pieces I need to go get that are already released and a few of those I have hook ups on so hopefully I can get them soon.  The new Vader is very heavy and very menacing.  The Yoda/Sidious just flat out rocks!
« Last Edit: July 1, 2005, 09:59 PM by Holographic Elvis »

• Jedi Apprentice
    • View Profile
« Reply #668 on: July 4, 2005, 03:29 PM »
Does anyone know who the guy is who does the Unleashed artwork and was selling his stuff at C3?  I really wanted to get the Vader art he was doing (now the cardback for the ROTS Unleashed Vader) but really didn't have a way to get it home from Indy.  Anyone know another place to find his work online?

Offline JesseVader08

• Retired Staff Member
  • Jedi Sentinel
    • View Profile
« Reply #669 on: July 4, 2005, 03:38 PM »
I bought his Vader print at C3 - I absolutely love his work.  I can't remember his name off hand, but I'll get his name off the print tonight for you.

• Jedi Apprentice
    • View Profile
« Reply #670 on: July 4, 2005, 04:55 PM »
I bought his Vader print at C3 - I absolutely love his work.  I can't remember his name off hand, but I'll get his name off the print tonight for you.

Thanks buddy.  That was the one I wanted to get.  What was his asking price anyway?

Offline JesseVader08

• Retired Staff Member
  • Jedi Sentinel
    • View Profile
« Reply #671 on: July 4, 2005, 05:08 PM »
They were selling them for $75.  I just couldn't pass up on it.  He was incredibly friendly and I got to choose whichever print number I wanted - I chose #75 (of 250) because I was born in '75.  I told them that they have to convince someone to print those cardbacks in poster format because they'd sell like crazy.

I had to place it between 2 pieces of cardboard and it just fit in my suitcase - the paper was so thick that I couldn't roll it to fit in a tube.

Oh, that reminds me.  It's at the framing shop right now, so it might take me until Wednesday (my day off) before I can find his name for you.

Offline JesseVader08

• Retired Staff Member
  • Jedi Sentinel
    • View Profile
« Reply #672 on: July 5, 2005, 02:38 AM »
I managed to track down some pics of the C3 print on my computer.  They're pretty poor because the flash washed out a lot of the color.

The artist's name is Clark Mitchell and his company is Four G Squared.

I tried Googling both his name and his company's name, but I really couldn't find much on him.

Offline knashdx

• Jedi Knight
  • I see Llama's
    • View Profile
« Reply #673 on: July 5, 2005, 07:38 AM »
Does anyone know where I can find an electronic copy of the artwork that is used on the cards for the Unleashed figures?
I have been told to go to hell; well at least I will know everyone there!

Offline DoctorPadawan

• Jedi Apprentice
  • Get that poison out of your system
    • View Profile
« Reply #674 on: July 5, 2005, 07:16 PM »
Given everyone else's posts in various forums here that the Ventress UL was usually abundant in their stores and the only sign of that wave having shown up, I went ahead and cancelled my Ventress from TRU/Amazon this morning, since it had yet to show any activity whatsoever.  What is more interesting was that as soon as I removed Ventress, the entire order was updated, and it gave a revised shipping date for Sidious/Yoda and Vader as between 07/07/2005 (Thursday) and 07/11/2005 (Monday) with an arrival date sometime next week.

Will Amazon stick to this?  I highly doubt it unless a big truck of Unleashed falls on their doorstep.  I'm definitely going to keep the Sidious/Yoda and Vader on order because if the past is any indication, Vader is going to be a bitch to locate and Sidious/Yoda won't be much easier, and also Target seems to have an aversion to stocking anything as of late in my area.  Unless it happens to be a case with more Neimoidian Warriors for the ROTS line, that is.   ::)