Author Topic: Unleashed figures  (Read 151966 times)

Offline Nicklab

• Jedi Sentinel
  • I saw we fight!
    • View Profile
Re: Unleashed Again
« Reply #690 on: July 6, 2005, 11:41 AM »
It almost looks like Hasbro took a page out of the McFarlane Sports Picks playbook when they came up with this wave.  Each piece seems to be a modified version of the previous releases.

The Shocktrooper seems like the best one, IMO.  It's got enough differences to be pretty cool.  Han is good, too.  Especially the base, but the clincher for me is that the head sculpt looks excellent.

Chewie seems to be the problem child of Unleashed.  Fur, flying or otherwise,  just doesn't translate well in this medium.  Even Gentle Giant had trouble with Chewbacca, and their sculptors and manufacturing process are signifigantly better.  Oh well.
"Call up a Hammerhead Corvette.  I have an idea."

Feedback

Offline Nathan

• Jedi Knight
  • Destroying the hobby one EU figure at a time.
    • View Profile
    • The Clone Wars Unofficial Site (in carbonite)
Re: Unleashed Chewbacca, Clonetrooper, Han Stormtrooper
« Reply #691 on: July 6, 2005, 12:44 PM »
Personally I think they took the old chewbacca, put an EIII wookiee blaster in his hand and a shield and called it "new," and then they took the old clone trooper, painted parts of it red, put the shorter rifle in his hand and removed the dead clone base in favor of a lava one, and then took the old stormtrooper, pulled the head off and gave it a han head.

Junk.

Give us something new, rehashes look ****** especially in this line. These 3 look just like 3 others we already have.

Jeez you're a glass-half-empty guy aren't you?

I think they're cool.
Twitter: @OKeefeNathan
Blog: Tinker, Tailor, Soldier, Fanboy (in carbonite since '09, back someday)

Offline ruiner

• Jedi Master
  • raised to be lowered
    • View Profile
« Reply #692 on: July 6, 2005, 01:20 PM »
Holy Crap!!

Insiders are saying that this is the FINAL wave of unleashed!

Why would Hasbro dump such a successful line??

Something better on the horizon?

???

Offline DSJ™

• Staff Member
  • Jedi Council Member
  • Bouncy! Bouncy! I'm An Insane Kubrickaholic!™
    • View Profile
« Reply #693 on: July 6, 2005, 01:30 PM »
I just hope that these figs don't kill the line.  :-\

Yep, thats what there saying on the front page of RS.

Hasbro updates today with more details and we've gotten word that these three figures will be the final wave and the end of the Unleashed line as we know it.

Damn, this is one successful line and...  :'(

Offline Holographic Elvis

• Jedi Apprentice
  • I'll punch you in the junk!
    • View Profile
« Reply #694 on: July 6, 2005, 01:46 PM »
Just saw that on Scum.  Why in the hell would they end this line?  It's only gaining popularity, not losing it. 

Offline Darth Broem

• Jedi Knight
    • View Profile
« Reply #695 on: July 6, 2005, 01:53 PM »
What??? I don't get that?  They finally hook me with these and they give it up?  Hasbro is strange. 

Offline JayDouble

• Jedi Apprentice
  • Let The Wookie Win!
    • View Profile
« Reply #696 on: July 6, 2005, 01:58 PM »
Good luck to you completist.  If we thought prices are high now, wait till word spreads that the line is done.

Offline ruiner

• Jedi Master
  • raised to be lowered
    • View Profile
« Reply #697 on: July 6, 2005, 02:04 PM »
Personally I think they took the old chewbacca, put an EIII wookiee blaster in his hand and a shield and called it "new," and then they took the old clone trooper, painted parts of it red, put the shorter rifle in his hand and removed the dead clone base in favor of a lava one, and then took the old stormtrooper, pulled the head off and gave it a han head.

Junk.

Give us something new, rehashes look ****** especially in this line. These 3 look just like 3 others we already have.

Jeez you're a glass-half-empty guy aren't you?

I think they're cool.

Say what you will about Dressel.

He's right.  These ARE 100% rehashes and that Chewbacca is lame.

The other two are okay. 

Offline vegastrooper

• Jedi Initiate
  • whatever dude...
    • View Profile
« Reply #698 on: July 6, 2005, 02:06 PM »
Typical Hasbro...have something good and they kill it.  Might have to sack up, pay a little extra and preorder the whole set, that way I can assure myself of getting my hands on the last 3...and having the complete unleashed line.  Highly doubt these will hit in high numbers being the last wave of the line.  Not crazy about another han and pissed about another chewy...guess scalpers can go crazy on the shock trooper!

Offline Darth Broem

• Jedi Knight
    • View Profile
« Reply #699 on: July 6, 2005, 02:10 PM »
Sorry I am not into the Unleashed line and did realize they were basically all rehashes.  I guess it does not matter anyway since they are going to cancel it alltogether.  Odd.

Offline Brian

• Jedi Sentinel
    • View Profile
« Reply #700 on: July 6, 2005, 02:11 PM »
This really is crappy news if it turns out to be true.  It seems to be quite successful, and growing in popularity with each wave.  I thought I remembered some comments coming out of ToyFair/Celebration III that Hasbro was being coy about the future of Unleashed, saying something "big" was coming next year.  It sounded like the format may be changing, but that the line wasn't ending.  I'll have to see if I can dig those comments up here...but maybe the "Unleashed as we know it" is the key part of the equation, and we're seeing the line continue, but in a different type of direction.  I certainly hope this isn't the end, this was one of my favorite collections.

Edit:  Ok, I'm not sure if this was the exact quote I was looking for...but this was in the Hasbro Q and A from Celebration III (from GH.com)...question number 10:  Hasbro Q and A

Q:"Will Unleashed be continuing in 2006?"
A: "Yes, and no" (Hasbro would not elaborate on this answer)

Hopefully we'll find out more at Comic-Con.
« Last Edit: July 6, 2005, 02:20 PM by mosnab »

• Jedi Apprentice
    • View Profile
« Reply #701 on: July 6, 2005, 02:22 PM »
This really is crappy news if it turns out to be true.  It seems to be quite successful, and growing in popularity with each wave.  I thought I remembered some comments coming out of ToyFair/Celebration III that Hasbro was being coy about the future of Unleashed, saying something "big" was coming next year.  It sounded like the format may be changing, but that the line wasn't ending.  I'll have to see if I can dig those comments up here...but maybe the "Unleashed as we know it" is the key part of the equation, and we're seeing the line continue, but in a different type of direction.  I certainly hope this isn't the end, this was one of my favorite collections.

Edit:  Ok, I'm not sure if this was the exact quote I was looking for...but this was in the Hasbro Q and A from Celebration III (from GH.com)...question number 10:  Hasbro Q and A

Q:"Will Unleashed be continuing in 2006?"
A: "Yes, and no" (Hasbro would not elaborate on this answer)

Hopefully we'll find out more at Comic-Con.

Good theory.  Maybe the format is changing, name and all.  I just can't imagine they would stop something that is so popular.  At least now we know why we got the rehashes.  They obviously aren't going to put anymore money, time or effort into the line.

Offline DSJ™

• Staff Member
  • Jedi Council Member
  • Bouncy! Bouncy! I'm An Insane Kubrickaholic!™
    • View Profile
« Reply #702 on: July 6, 2005, 03:25 PM »
I was just reading the What's Next For Hasbro? article on the front page of RS.

Unleashed
The three Unleased figures that debuted yesterday will be the final three figures in the line as we know it. The 7" scale will be phased out after 4 successful years. However, the line WILL continue in a different format. Plans call for a new line of 2" figures sold together in a 4-pack set. No word yet on which characters will be included, but it sounds like there will be room for many more characters to get unleashed in this format. 

Oh bloody great, a 2" Unleashed line? McFarlane did this with his figures and that line sucks!

• Jedi Apprentice
    • View Profile
« Reply #703 on: July 6, 2005, 03:28 PM »
I was just reading the What's Next For Hasbro? article on the front page of RS.

Unleashed
The three Unleased figures that debuted yesterday will be the final three figures in the line as we know it. The 7" scale will be phased out after 4 successful years. However, the line WILL continue in a different format. Plans call for a new line of 2" figures sold together in a 4-pack set. No word yet on which characters will be included, but it sounds like there will be room for many more characters to get unleashed in this format. 

Oh bloody great, a 2" Unleashed line? McFarlane did this with his figures and that line sucks!

I have zero interest in a "mini" line.

Offline ruiner

• Jedi Master
  • raised to be lowered
    • View Profile
« Reply #704 on: July 6, 2005, 03:37 PM »
Jesus, this is the worst idea ever to come out of the mother brain.

It may be time to call it quits...with everything.