Author Topic: 2023 HasLab - TVC The Ghost  (Read 7585 times)

Offline Ryan

• Retired Staff Member
  • Jedi Master
  • Destiny is all
    • View Profile
    • JediDefender
Re: 2024 HasLab - TVC The Ghost
« Reply #105 on: August 1, 2023, 05:50 PM »
Definitely slowed a bit...we now have to average 212 new backers per day to get to 17,000 by the deadline.

I'm not worried though, they recently opened up Thailand and there's always a pickup when there's new media and a surge at the end.

I decided to back a second Ghost this afternoon. While this won't ever be quite as valuable as the Barge, I am still hoping that this will help cover my costs if a few years.

Still on the fence if I want to do a third, and will probably only due it if we are closer to the other unlocks.
"This is the way."

Offline Jeff

• Administrator
  • Jedi Elder
  • Leave me where I lie
    • View Profile
    • www.JediDefender.com
« Reply #106 on: August 4, 2023, 09:26 AM »
9158 as of this morning.  Things have slowed, but still growing...

9478 after two weeks... still moving in the right direction.  806+ hours left.

Tier needs:
1522 to unlock Ezra - 1.89 backer/hr needed (45.3/day)
4522 to unlock Kanan - 5.61 backer/hr needed (134.7/day)
7522 to unlock Zeb - 9.33 backer/hr needed (234/day)

(I know these tend to start strong, dip in the middle, and ramp up strong at the end but I like doing the math weekly anyway. ;))
Editor-in-Chief  - www.JediDefender.com
On Twitter?  Follow JediDefender -> @jedidefender

Offline Matt_Fury

• Jedi General
  • I aim to misbehave.
    • View Profile
    • Every Action Figure Parody has a beginning.
« Reply #107 on: August 4, 2023, 10:27 AM »
We're definitely in the lull phase.  I expect it to pick up when the Ghost shows up in Ahsoka and then more jumps when we see the characters.  Plus there's always the surge at the end.
This is the way.

I have spoken.

Offline Rob

• Staff Member
  • Jedi Elder
    • View Profile
« Reply #108 on: August 4, 2023, 12:34 PM »
I'm still likely to order a second one, but I haven't decided yet.  It probably depends on how many are bought towards the end, because if it's not a lot, I'm more interested in buying two.  If they sell 30,000 again (not likely I Know) I'm less interested in getting one to trade or flip later.

Offline Nicklab

• Jedi Sentinel
  • I saw we fight!
    • View Profile
« Reply #109 on: August 5, 2023, 06:02 AM »
There's some confusing information circulating around about the campaign regarding the total number of backers across multiple regions.  Someone emailed Hasbro's Customer Service asking about the number of international backers, and how those totals would impact the campaign.  Hasbro's response was that the Asian market backers would be added to the number for the US, UK & EU at the end of the campaign.

If you browse to the Hasbro Pulse stores in Asia (I went to the Hong Kong page) the number of backers right now is listed as 9,364.  But if you check the US, UK & EU version of the store the number of backers is listed as 9,523.  The numbers are oddly close to one another - less than 200 apart.  But if those numbers are to be believed, they come to a combined total of close to 19,000 backers!  That would unlock all of the tiers.  The guys at the TVC Facebook group commented on this, and they're evidently reaching out to Hasbro's PR group for clarification on this.
"Call up a Hammerhead Corvette.  I have an idea."

Feedback

Offline Matt_Fury

• Jedi General
  • I aim to misbehave.
    • View Profile
« Reply #110 on: August 5, 2023, 09:42 AM »
Marketing at it's finest.  If they truly have 19,000 backers (which is entirely possible they do) they would almost be forced to create more tiers.  Frankly, I'm still hoping they will make a Phantom 1 for this thing.
This is the way.

I have spoken.

Offline Nicklab

• Jedi Sentinel
  • I saw we fight!
    • View Profile
« Reply #111 on: August 5, 2023, 10:08 AM »
I'm hoping for a Phantom I as well.  But I think Hasbro will probably want to make one that they can sell on its own for over $100 at a later date.

The totals seem too close to each other to be a coincidence.  But if the Asian market Hasbro Pulse numbers for those sites - Hong Kong, Singapore, Malaysia & Taiwan - are distinct and separate from the US/UK/EU totals?  Hasbro would seem to have an ethical obligation to be transparent about that to the people who have agreed to back the campaign.  But if they're keeping the regional totals as they are in an effort to play into collector FOMO?  That's some bull****.

Feedback

Offline Rob

• Staff Member
  • Jedi Elder
    • View Profile
« Reply #112 on: August 5, 2023, 10:26 AM »
Isn’t it more likely that one of the pages isn’t updated and the 9,xxx is the total worldwide?

Offline Jedi Idej

• Jedi Padawan
    • View Profile
« Reply #113 on: August 5, 2023, 01:49 PM »
It's probably a matter of synching the numbers. Either a glitch in the overall tally getting to the Asia HP sites or a timing episode. I can't imagine that region would have the collectors to rival the US, much less the US and Europe, to put up those sales.

I didn't know hasbropulse was made available to the Asia market a few months ago. Glad to see that.

Offline Dave

• Jedi Master
  • Never Trust a Big Butt and a Smile - BBD
    • View Profile
« Reply #114 on: August 6, 2023, 02:05 PM »
It would take a junior programmer a couple of minutes to get a data feed on an hourly basis and incorporate those numbers in to a global total.

I'm not sure if Hasbro is being devious or is just incompetent.

Offline Muftak

• Jedi Apprentice
  • Cardboard Entrepreneur
    • View Profile
« Reply #115 on: August 6, 2023, 03:12 PM »

It's been my experience that they are far too incompetent to be intentionally devious.

Offline Nicklab

• Jedi Sentinel
  • I saw we fight!
    • View Profile
« Reply #116 on: August 7, 2023, 08:36 AM »

It's been my experience that they are far too incompetent to be intentionally devious.

LOL!  Witness the Black Series Rancor Haslab leak!

There's still a discrepancy in the Asian numbers and the US/UK/EU numbers.  I thought perhaps they would be evened out once the work week began, but that hasn't been the case.  And there's also the numbers for Australia and New Zealand that will be added towards the end of the campaign.  I think EB Games has partnered with someone to bring the Ghost to interested backers in both of those markets.
« Last Edit: August 7, 2023, 04:41 PM by Nicklab »

Feedback

Offline Nicklab

• Jedi Sentinel
  • I saw we fight!
    • View Profile
« Reply #117 on: August 9, 2023, 10:34 AM »
We're at 9,977 this morning.  There's the potential that we could cross 10,000 backers some time today.  But things are really creeping slowly towards that first tier of 11,000.

Feedback

Offline Matt_Fury

• Jedi General
  • I aim to misbehave.
    • View Profile
« Reply #118 on: August 9, 2023, 03:09 PM »
I expect a good jump in about two weeks.
This is the way.

I have spoken.

Offline Rob

• Staff Member
  • Jedi Elder
    • View Profile
« Reply #119 on: August 9, 2023, 04:52 PM »
Same. I also bet it’ll pick up once one unlock gets hit.