Author Topic: Marvel Legends  (Read 421230 times)

Offline Morgbug

• Old
  • Jedi Guardian
  • mmm. pemmican.
    • View Profile
Marvel Legends
« Reply #1605 on: December 8, 2005, 04:59 PM »
Sweet, maybe my Amazon order will be filled?
Minivans: a sign of the apocalypse.

Offline SpudTrooper

• Jedi Padawan
    • View Profile
Marvel Legends
« Reply #1606 on: December 8, 2005, 10:23 PM »
i finally saw ML 11 on the pegs today..but one thing that striked me..which one is the Logan variant? the Green or Blue Jeans???  also the Vegence looks different from the package pic on the back.

Offline evenflow

• Jedi Master
    • View Profile
    • Myspace
Marvel Legends
« Reply #1607 on: December 8, 2005, 11:56 PM »
All i saw were a bunch of green pants Logan so i assume he not the variant.
Quote the Raven, Nevermore.

"It Can't Rain All The TIme"

Offline JayDouble

• Jedi Apprentice
  • Let The Wookie Win!
    • View Profile
Marvel Legends
« Reply #1608 on: December 9, 2005, 01:10 AM »
i finally saw ML 11 on the pegs today..but one thing that striked me..which one is the Logan variant? the Green or Blue Jeans???  also the Vegence looks different from the package pic on the back.

Blue Jeans is the variant plus his bike is shinier, he has a younger face, white t-shirt, and comes with a cowboy hat.
« Last Edit: December 9, 2005, 01:11 AM by JayDouble »

Offline Brian

• Jedi Sentinel
    • View Profile
Marvel Legends
« Reply #1609 on: December 9, 2005, 09:57 AM »
ToyNewsI.com has a look at the first couple entries in the new Marvel Masterworks lineHERE, as well as the wave of the Fantastic Four Classics line HERE.  From what I understand, the actual F4 members are based on the Ultimate versions.  The Skrull looks kind of neat.

Also, just as a heads up to anyone who might be looking, one of our Wal-Marts in town had the newest wave of SMC (new cardbacks) and I was able to pick up the new Venom as well as Man Wolf.  If they've hit in Nebraska here, they have to be everywhere else (or at least will be soon).  There is actually a Spidey variant in this wave (Super Strength Spider-Man) that looks pretty good, likeness wise.  I wanted to pick it up too, but figured I had better wait with Christmas coming up.

Offline Morgbug

• Old
  • Jedi Guardian
  • mmm. pemmican.
    • View Profile
Marvel Legends
« Reply #1610 on: December 9, 2005, 10:25 AM »

Blue Jeans is the variant plus his bike is shinier, he has a younger face, white t-shirt, and comes with a cowboy hat.

I think there's no white on the hair either.  Is the jacket black on the chase versus brown on the regular?
Minivans: a sign of the apocalypse.

Offline SpudTrooper

• Jedi Padawan
    • View Profile
Marvel Legends
« Reply #1611 on: December 9, 2005, 04:56 PM »
Found a Scarlet Witch and Hulk Buster Iron Man today!!  :)

Offline Ben

• Jedi Master
    • View Profile
    • greatest blog ever written.
Marvel Legends
« Reply #1612 on: December 9, 2005, 10:46 PM »
Found some ML11 today too. Hulk Buster was already gone, and so was Scarlet Witch (if she was even in the case) but I did get Taskmaster and Ultron.

I thought about getting Wonder Man, but I have to do Christmas shopping this weekend.

I still don't have all of ML 10 yet. Eeesh.
don't you know there ain't no devil, there's just God when he's drunk

Offline Ben

• Jedi Master
    • View Profile
Marvel Legends
« Reply #1613 on: December 11, 2005, 01:49 PM »
Has anybody found Ben Grimm in spacesuit from the Fantastic Four movie line? That's the last figure I want from the line, and I can't find it anywhere.

Offline SpudTrooper

• Jedi Padawan
    • View Profile
Marvel Legends
« Reply #1614 on: December 11, 2005, 10:05 PM »
Has anybody found Ben Grimm in spacesuit from the Fantastic Four movie line? That's the last figure I want from the line, and I can't find it anywhere.

theres alot of Spaceman Ben here in CA, do u want the dirty or clean one. LMK so i can pick one up for u

Offline Ben

• Jedi Master
    • View Profile
Marvel Legends
« Reply #1615 on: December 12, 2005, 11:08 PM »
Dirty or clean, eh? I'll have to do a bit of research on that one.

Offline Brian

• Jedi Sentinel
    • View Profile
Marvel Legends
« Reply #1616 on: December 13, 2005, 11:27 AM »
According to this thread on the TNI forums, it sounds as if the X-Men line that was first seen earlier this week (or last week)...and that can also be seen in the above link, is indeed going to be the "movie" line for X3.  It sounds as if the short production on X3 has caused ToyBiz to go with a line that isn't "movie accurate" but rather an all-encompassing X-line.  A few more details at the linky.  This will be a little different since we are used to movie lines, but I know they usually aren't all that popular with collectors, so maybe this will be for the best.  I know I'm in the minority, but I sometimes like to pick up the basic versions of the characters from my favorite comic-to-movie franchises (Spidey, X-Men, Superman, Batman, F4, etc.).  I passed on the movie figures from the previous X-movies, thinking I'd pick some up this time, but it sounds like we might be getting a little different type of line with X3.  Not saying that would be a bad thing though, might be better for the line overall...and for collectors.  From the details I've read at that link, it sounds like it might be a line that covers both movie and comic versions, all under the "X-Men" label...which might be a good idea.  We'll see.
« Last Edit: December 13, 2005, 11:45 AM by mosnab »

Offline Ben

• Jedi Master
    • View Profile
Marvel Legends
« Reply #1617 on: December 14, 2005, 12:54 AM »
Hm. Hopefully a movie-styled Beast and Angel are in the works for a later series, and hopefully a rerelease of the X2 Iceman, which I still lack.

I think that's a better way to do an X-Men movie line, since the line for the first flick was overproduced, and the line for X2 was pretty much all about Wolverine.

Offline Brian

• Jedi Sentinel
    • View Profile
Marvel Legends
« Reply #1618 on: December 14, 2005, 03:47 PM »
Well, the Scarlet Witch "delay" must not be true.  I stopped by Target during my lunch break today, and they had the "Legendary Riders" series on the pegs, complete with a Scarlet Witch.  I had the figure in my basket, before I decided to put it back...but its just as well, it looked like the left arm (from elbow down) was about to fall off.  Anyways, it is out there the way it looks, if anyone is wanting one.  I was tempted to pick up the Logan or Wonderman, but held off with Christmas just around the corner.  Nice to see some new Legends on the pegs though.  The F4 movie figures have been clearanced down to $4.88 at our Target as well.  Lots of Spider-Man Classics on the pegs too, nothing new really, but the latest waves on the old card style.

Offline Ben

• Jedi Master
    • View Profile
Marvel Legends
« Reply #1619 on: December 14, 2005, 11:21 PM »
I finally completed ML 10 last night. Man, this Sentinel is awesome.

My local TRU still has FA Thing and Wonder Man on the pegs. I thought about getting Wonder Man, but it'll have to wait since I spent so much on ML 10.

I saw the new Venom last night too, but I'm just not sure about that one.