Author Topic: 25th Anniversary Line  (Read 204152 times)

Offline iFett

• Jedi Sentinel
  • wabbit hunter
    • View Profile
G.I. Joe Toys Thread
« Reply #720 on: January 18, 2008, 01:09 PM »
Wow...That takes me back.  I totally forgot that they repainted the Crimson Guard.  There's three EASY repaints for Hasbro right there so we're bound to get these eventually.  When's the last time Hasbro passed up a good/bad opportunity for a repaint? 

I think there were a few more of the Python Patrol, but I'm not sure if they were grunts or not.  I remember the Joes had there own special team of repaints as well.  I think they could revive the 5pack for something like this.
Learn new skills at home that some consider to be.....unnatural.  Easy repayment terms.  555-PLPTN

Offline spiderpumpkin

• Jedi Padawan
  • Secto-Viper
    • View Profile

Offline CHEWIE

• Jedi Sentinel
    • View Profile
G.I. Joe Toys Thread
« Reply #722 on: January 18, 2008, 03:00 PM »
Wow...That takes me back.  I totally forgot that they repainted the Crimson Guard.  There's three EASY repaints for Hasbro right there so we're bound to get these eventually.  When's the last time Hasbro passed up a good/bad opportunity for a repaint? 

I think there were a few more of the Python Patrol, but I'm not sure if they were grunts or not.  I remember the Joes had there own special team of repaints as well.  I think they could revive the 5pack for something like this.

Yep - you're right - there were a few more - Copperhead, a Cobra Officer and a Tele-Viper.  I don't think I had any of those though... maybe I did have one Tele-Viper actually...

That's a good point about them maybe making a 5-pk of repaints using this theme.  I'm not sure if I'd buy them, but I could see them doing that.

Offline CHEWIE

• Jedi Sentinel
    • View Profile
G.I. Joe Toys Thread
« Reply #723 on: January 18, 2008, 03:25 PM »
In all this Python Patrol talk, I forgot to mention that I picked up Buzzer and the other two Dreadnocks today... Buzzer was the only one of the "original three" Dreaknocks that I had as a kid, so getting Torch and Ripper was awesome.

Offline Ben

• Jedi Master
    • View Profile
    • greatest blog ever written.
G.I. Joe Toys Thread
« Reply #724 on: January 18, 2008, 10:26 PM »
I finished wave 5 tonight, picking up IG Destro, Flash, and a couple more Siegies.  :)
don't you know there ain't no devil, there's just God when he's drunk

Offline CHEWIE

• Jedi Sentinel
    • View Profile
G.I. Joe Toys Thread
« Reply #725 on: January 19, 2008, 01:29 AM »
Damnit, I opened the Dreaknok pack tonight, and Torch's right knee isn't even in the socket.  The damn peg is broken.  Damnit!!!  Now I have to buy another.

Also, I went ahead and bought the Destro/Breaker set... but Breaker's backpack won't fit it in the back hole.  Geeze.   ::)
« Last Edit: January 19, 2008, 01:36 AM by CHEWIE »

Offline Neal

• Jedi Apprentice
    • View Profile
G.I. Joe Toys Thread
« Reply #726 on: January 19, 2008, 10:41 PM »
I was finally able to track down the Dreadnoks Comic Pack this morning at a local Wal-Mart.

Offline Ben

• Jedi Master
    • View Profile
    • greatest blog ever written.
G.I. Joe Toys Thread
« Reply #727 on: January 20, 2008, 03:19 PM »
Wave 8 images?

They might be new comic pack figures or customs for all anyone knows.
« Last Edit: January 20, 2008, 03:21 PM by inadvertent imitation »
don't you know there ain't no devil, there's just God when he's drunk

Offline JediJman

• Jedi Guardian
  • I don't get drunk, I get awesome.
    • View Profile
G.I. Joe Toys Thread
« Reply #728 on: January 20, 2008, 04:26 PM »
Sweet!  W8 Baroness looks awesome! 
Climbed a mountain & never came back. I will not quit & I always fight back 
From this moment for all my life. What could I say? Was born to be this way. And what could I say?  Just livin' for today

Offline iFett

• Jedi Sentinel
  • wabbit hunter
    • View Profile
G.I. Joe Toys Thread
« Reply #729 on: January 20, 2008, 05:22 PM »
PYTHON PATROL!!   ;D  Damn...That was quick.  Hopefully the rest will follow.  Customs or not, I hope these get made.  The Soldier's a must as is Major Bludd, but I'd prefer his right arm was static like the old days.  Roadblock looks kinda weird, but I think that's a remake of a vinty version, but I could be wrong.
Learn new skills at home that some consider to be.....unnatural.  Easy repayment terms.  555-PLPTN

Offline Scott

• Staff Member
  • Jedi Guardian
  • Get Some
    • View Profile
    • JediDefender
G.I. Joe Toys Thread
« Reply #730 on: January 20, 2008, 06:10 PM »
I'm guessing Comic Packs over Wave 8

Offline Jesse James

• Staff Member
  • Grand Master
  • Slippery When Poopy
    • View Profile
    • JediDefender.com
G.I. Joe Toys Thread
« Reply #731 on: January 21, 2008, 02:57 AM »
Cobra Commander has pink sperm sample?  Weird.

Baroness is odd in blue too...  Seems like a comic figure over a basic.

Love the line...  It's really one of the coolest toys out there, and I'm at an all-time-high for Star Wars right now with all they're doing with that line.  So it says a lot when GI Joe's just that top-notch anymore.
2011 Rebel Fleet Trooper Gets My Seal Of Approval!  But Where's The Friggin' Holster On Him!?
Jedi Defender.com Contributing Editor, Twitter @JediDefender & @Jesse_James77

Offline CHEWIE

• Jedi Sentinel
    • View Profile
G.I. Joe Toys Thread
« Reply #732 on: January 21, 2008, 11:10 AM »
Dang... Bludd and Roadblock look amazing!  I'll have to get those two for sure.

These still aren't Star Wars quality in my opinion, but they've still been a lot of fun.

Offline Daigo-Bah

• Jedi Apprentice
  • What a desolate place this is...
    • View Profile
G.I. Joe Toys Thread
« Reply #733 on: January 21, 2008, 11:44 PM »
I like the darker blue of CC's outfit, and especially the silver helmet trim, but I don't know if it's different enough for me to buy.  The only other I want is Major Bludd, who was my favorite Cobra back in the day.
Greg Reeves

My *New* top 3 most desired figures: 1) Yerka Mig; 2) Uncle Owen; 3) Hoth Luke

Offline Brian

• Jedi Sentinel
    • View Profile
G.I. Joe Toys Thread
« Reply #734 on: January 22, 2008, 08:58 AM »
I read somewhere that some are speculating that some of these figures (like the Cobra Commander) may be pack-ins with some upcoming DVD releases (maybe the "movies" like Mass Device or something).  I do hope we see some DVD releases of the old 'toon again.  I couldn't really afford the sets the last time around, and was hoping they would see re-release - or at least the movies or something.