Author Topic: Marvel Legends  (Read 424933 times)

Offline Scott

• Staff Member
  • Jedi Guardian
  • Get Some
    • View Profile
    • JediDefender
Marvel Legends
« Reply #1050 on: February 16, 2005, 12:25 PM »
Without a doubt, one of my favorite weekends of the year :)

Offline evenflow

• Jedi Master
    • View Profile
    • Myspace
Marvel Legends
« Reply #1051 on: February 16, 2005, 01:11 PM »
Without a doubt, one of my favorite weekends of the year :)

I second that, I can't wait for Sunday!
Quote the Raven, Nevermore.

"It Can't Rain All The TIme"

Offline Morgbug

• Old
  • Jedi Guardian
  • mmm. pemmican.
    • View Profile
Marvel Legends
« Reply #1052 on: February 16, 2005, 01:53 PM »
Well, our local Wal-Mart had restocked with some of ML8, of course after I already paid more on Amazon, but that's just how things work I guess.  They had 3 Caps, 2 Iron Mans (Iron Men?), 2 Ice Mans, 1 Doc Ock, 1 Man Thing, and 1 Nick Fury that was there previously.  I also managed to pick up a SMC Scorpion, which had been hanging there over the weekend, but I finally decided to pick it up.

Heh, truer words.  Same thing happened to me.  I got a bunch from Scott, then broke down and ordered Ock from Amazon.  I get the shipping notice and the same day I find the entire assortment locally ::)  Murphy's law of toy collecting. 
Minivans: a sign of the apocalypse.

Offline Brian

• Jedi Sentinel
    • View Profile
Marvel Legends
« Reply #1053 on: February 17, 2005, 11:38 AM »
Apparently some of the Toy Fare (the magazine) pictures of ML10 have been scanned and put up online.  I have read that there were also pics of some of the FF movie figures and SuperHeroShowdown (4" line) figures, but they were gone by the time I got online this morning.  Anyways, here's a little bit of a look:

ML10 Angel - Toy Fare
ML10 Cyclops, Panther, Spidey - Toy Fare
ML10 Mr. Sinister, Mystique, Omega Red - Toy Fare
ML10 Sentinel - Toy Fare
And just for kicks....someone put together a "scale" image showing ML9 Nightcrawler and the SHS Logan alongside the Sentinel HERE

Hopefully the links work for everyone, they were still up as I posted this.  I would have posted the images directly, but I wasn't sure if Toy Fare was a big fan of that.  I was hoping to get a better look at the 4" line, to see what it has to offer.  Oh well, only a couple of days until Toy Fair now :).

Offline Scott

• Staff Member
  • Jedi Guardian
  • Get Some
    • View Profile
    • JediDefender
Marvel Legends
« Reply #1054 on: February 17, 2005, 11:43 AM »
http://board.spawn.com/forums/showthread.php?p=2009927#post2009927

Keep an eye here, that's where all of the stuff originated I believe.  There also is some sort of Unleashed/Bust-Up/Vinyl Statue type Marvel Line as well coming, based on what I saw last night.  Looked sort of neat actually. 

The 4" figures were also sort of cool, very much like mini-Legends...they'll look great with SW figures :)

Offline Brian

• Jedi Sentinel
    • View Profile
Marvel Legends
« Reply #1055 on: February 17, 2005, 11:45 AM »
Thanks for the linky Scott.  I was over there earlier, but all the pics had the little "Photobucket - Bandwidth Exceeded" icon, so I have been looking around elsewhere.  Thanks for the heads up, hopefully they will be back online soon.  So you liked what you saw of the 4" line?  I'm personally kind of excited to see how it will be.  Although I really like the Legends, having a smaller scale (and hopefully little bit lower price) would be good for me :).  I'd probably collect a little of both though, knowing me.  Anyways, thanks again.

Offline Scott

• Staff Member
  • Jedi Guardian
  • Get Some
    • View Profile
    • JediDefender
Marvel Legends
« Reply #1056 on: February 17, 2005, 11:54 AM »
I had heard these new 4" figs will only be $1 less than the 6" stuff because of all the crap they are putting in there.  I'll buy some, especially Cap and probably Spidey, but that may be it

Offline Brian

• Jedi Sentinel
    • View Profile
Marvel Legends
« Reply #1057 on: February 17, 2005, 12:03 PM »
Yeah, I'll likely stick to the "main ones" as well...although I guess I haven't strayed too far from that with the 6" line either.  I just don't have the room for a whole lot.  I think I might be getting towards the tail end of Legends as well, just because they've made most everything that I'd like to get, although there are always some characters that you hold out for.  Other than anything from Spidey's world (villains, hopefully an MJ), I'd like to pick up the F4 and Doom, a few more X-Men, Iron Man (not sure if I want the modern one, might try to get an older one), and maybe a few miscellaneous characters.

That brings up another point (at least in my head).  If Toy Biz went the route many other action figure companies have, and "redo" characters down the road, would you rebuy them, or just be happy with previous versions.  I'm sure it depends how much better they are, and likely they would be improved in some ways, but many ML are quite nice to begin with so it would be tough.  I know with Star Wars figures I have bought, and bought, and re-bought a number of characters, just because the improvements were so big (and plus the price usually isn't terrible, and the scale manageable).  Anyways, would you buy any "new and improved" versions of Legends, or is the first time around good enough?  It will be interesting to see how much longer the line continues, I thought I heard that in the Toy Fare interview they had through Series 15 planned out (in 2006).

Offline Morgbug

• Old
  • Jedi Guardian
  • mmm. pemmican.
    • View Profile
Marvel Legends
« Reply #1058 on: February 17, 2005, 12:06 PM »
I'm planning on passing on the 4" line entirely.  Too much invested in the big line and don't need to pick up anything else.  Possibly famous last words, but we'll see.  I halfway expect them to not show up around here, at least for a while.  

I got the bandwidth exceeded as well but was able to view your pics Brian, so thanks.  Nice stuff, though Omega Red looks less impressive than I'd originally thought.  And did Mr. Sinister always have a goatee?  I have no recollection of that from the older comics.  Smacks of an update to make him more current, isn't the line called Legends?

MJ, Gwen Stacey, Aunt May, Robbie Robertson - bring 'em on!

As for rehashes?  Not likely.  Some could use improvements and one that stood out for a while was the Green Goblin figure.  The first version was ok, but largely meaningless to me because I've never read a comic with that version in it.  The box set (S6) version is superb and pretty much all I want.  I'd happily pay for a better version of the black cat though. 

Offline Brian

• Jedi Sentinel
    • View Profile
Marvel Legends
« Reply #1059 on: February 17, 2005, 12:11 PM »
I'm with you Brent, I'd really like to see a new Green Goblin, or to see the S6 set one single carded.  The only other one is the Ramos' version right?  I'm not a big fan of that, and would rather have a more "normal" one :).  Lots of lesser characters (that you mentioned) from Spidey's world that I'd like to see made, particularly Kingpin, Mary Jane, and Aunt May....although I'm not holding my breath for an old lady action figure :).  Kingpin however, is long overdue.

Offline Morgbug

• Old
  • Jedi Guardian
  • mmm. pemmican.
    • View Profile
Marvel Legends
« Reply #1060 on: February 17, 2005, 12:47 PM »
See, there's the problem, the elderly get no respect :P

I'm not holding my breath for any of them.  Aunt May obviously, but MJ and Gwen aren't really action figures, just supporting characters.  I happen to think if they packed them one per case they'd sell just fine given the market seems to be largely kids for the spidey figures themselves but the adults keep snapping up the villains before the kids can get to them.  Maybe a limited set with comic-accurate sculpts of MJ, Gwen, Aunt May, Robbie and JJJ :D  Sell it as a collector's club exclusive online. 

Yeah, right, I can't see them making new molds for that.  Too bad, it would be nifty. 

I think Kingpin will be put to rest this weekend.  I just hope they do him justice. 

Offline Brian

• Jedi Sentinel
    • View Profile
Marvel Legends
« Reply #1061 on: February 17, 2005, 01:13 PM »
Just a note...looks like the pics are back up at the link Scott posted above...looks at ML 9, ML10, Super Hero Showdown, Fantastic Four movie, and more.

Offline Famine

• Noderator
  • Jedi Master
  • Who watches The Famine?
    • View Profile
Marvel Legends
« Reply #1062 on: February 17, 2005, 01:46 PM »
 >:( Damn google.

I know alot of you folks collect Marvel, and I'm trying to find a picture of Spider-Man: The Animated Series Spider Power 2 : J. Jonah Jameson Action Figure loose, so I can show my friend the desk, and I cant seem to google one with any luck at all.

Anyone have a clue where I can see a lose image, or even have one that they could snap a pic of and send to me? :-\

Help a brother out!

Kevin
The picture kept, will remind me...

Offline MisterPL

• Jedi Padawan
  • Sarcastic instigator at large.
    • View Profile
Marvel Legends
« Reply #1063 on: February 17, 2005, 02:26 PM »
Post sober.

Offline Famine

• Noderator