Author Topic: Bush vs Kerry  (Read 5139 times)

Offline Pistol Pete

• Youngling
  • Maul
    • View Profile
Bush vs Kerry
« on: April 13, 2004, 02:52 PM »
So who's gonna win the election in '04?  Personally, I wish there was a choice for none of the above.  Some of the stuff I care about such as The environment, education and transportation are offset by taxes, social plans and national security.  Both of these guys have some serious problems.
Bang Bang

Offline Ben

• Jedi Master
    • View Profile
    • greatest blog ever written.
Re: Bush vs Kerry
« Reply #1 on: April 13, 2004, 02:53 PM »
Either way, we're f---ed.
don't you know there ain't no devil, there's just God when he's drunk

Offline Pistol Pete

• Youngling
  • Maul
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: April 13, 2004, 02:55 PM »
agreed
Bang Bang

Offline Vator

• Jedi Apprentice
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: April 13, 2004, 03:49 PM »
Why do you say that Mainland? Sure, both canadates have their vices, but we'll be more f---ed up defense wise if Kerry wins. And don't you think that in this day and age defense should be paramount over a Nationalized College Fund?
- June 22, 2004 12:13 AM -

smileyfaceguy

« Reply #4 on: April 13, 2004, 04:40 PM »
Why do you say that Mainland? Sure, both canadates have their vices, but we'll be more f---ed up defense wise if Kerry wins. And don't you think that in this day and age defense should be paramount over a Nationalized College Fund?

You mean to tell me Pistol Pete is Virex?

:)

Offline P'Dubs of the Sith

• Youngling
  • Bow to the might that is the Sith............
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: April 13, 2004, 04:47 PM »
We eaither get a double crossing idiot who cleary is lying about alot of thing to the American people. Or we get Bush.  ::)   Suddenly moving to Canada doesn't seem like such a bad idea.  :-X

Offline Rob

• Staff Member
  • Jedi Elder
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: April 13, 2004, 05:09 PM »
Lesser of two evils - I'll vote Kerry.

He's not everything I'd want in a leader - but he's a lot closer to it than Georgie.

Offline MisterPL

• Jedi Padawan
  • Sarcastic instigator at large.
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: April 13, 2004, 05:12 PM »
I'm voting for this guy:

I think we'll all be better off.
Post sober.

Offline Scott

• Staff Member
  • Jedi Guardian
  • Get Some
    • View Profile
    • JediDefender
« Reply #8 on: April 13, 2004, 05:19 PM »
Why would you vote for Chris Berry???

BTW...we have had talks behind the scenes about this very subject a few months ago, the staff consensus is that in general Political/Religious threads usually end in bickering and bad feelings and I don't want to see that happen here.  people come from different backgrounds and different walks of life, and have different ideas on these two very major subjects.

Any PERSONAL mudslinging or fighting that happens will result in a warning and this thread being locked (and others like it).  There are plenty of other forums out there that you can talk politics at and discuss the origin of universe...ones where you won't piss people off here in this great community we've all built...OK :-*  

And with that...Vote WWE!

Offline Morgbug

• Old
  • Jedi Guardian
  • mmm. pemmican.
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: April 13, 2004, 05:27 PM »
We eaither get a double crossing idiot who cleary is lying about alot of thing to the American people. Or we get Bush.  ::)   Suddenly moving to Canada doesn't seem like such a bad idea.  :-X

Then vote Kerry, his ideology is much closer to that of ours.  

The point to your two party system is balance.  One will always do things differently than the other and each functions as a balance for the other, correcting their "wrongs".  What you perceive to be wrong is entirely subjective and dependent upon your biases.  

Double crossing idiot that lies sounds an awful lot like the leadership of Canada for the past 30 years over two parties.  Oh right, that's
the definition of a politician.  Now it makes sense.  

Political discussions are always openly entertaining.  It is so amazing to watch how impossible it is for people to put aside their biases to the point of looking idiotic.  It appears the JD moderating team will rob me of that entertainment.   :-*

Alas, I would have voted for Churchill.
Minivans: a sign of the apocalypse.

Offline P'Dubs of the Sith

• Youngling
  • Bow to the might that is the Sith............
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: April 13, 2004, 05:36 PM »
Vote WWE!

Yeah baby! If he runs I'm so voting for him.  ;D

Offline Infamy Of Crete

• Jedi Initiate
    • View Profile
    • The Mellars
« Reply #11 on: April 13, 2004, 07:45 PM »

Then vote Kerry, his ideology is much closer to that of ours.  

The point to your two party system is balance.  One will always do things differently than the other and each functions as a balance for the other, correcting their "wrongs".  What you perceive to be wrong is entirely subjective and dependent upon your biases.  

Double crossing idiot that lies sounds an awful lot like the leadership of Canada for the past 30 years over two parties.  Oh right, that's
the definition of a politician.  Now it makes sense.  

Political discussions are always openly entertaining.  It is so amazing to watch how impossible it is for people to put aside their biases to the point of looking idiotic.  It appears the JD moderating team will rob me of that entertainment.   :-*

Alas, I would have voted for Churchill.

I am very much,a  vote for the best person voter. I have voted both republican and democrate and often times I try very hard to open myself up for criticism, and accept the shortcomings of the particular party (person) that I am voting for. However, most people do not communicate that effectively they will most often either get defensive or start bashing me for exposing the weakness instead of understanding that a valid point has been made. I will be the first one to tell you that I bait people using creative phrasing or polarizing the issue to get a "real" response. Most people assume that means I'm for one party or another to be fair I  do lean one way more often than the other.

This time Around we have a big mess on our hands right now which seems to be as clear as mud.  

Offline Scott

• Staff Member
  • Jedi Guardian
  • Get Some
    • View Profile
    • JediDefender
« Reply #12 on: April 13, 2004, 08:16 PM »
Talking politics is fine...berating members of the opposition is a no no

Offline Vator

• Jedi Apprentice
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: April 13, 2004, 08:23 PM »
D'oh! Misread...
« Last Edit: April 13, 2004, 09:14 PM by Vator, seigneur des Haamites »
- June 22, 2004 12:13 AM -

Offline Scott

• Staff Member
  • Jedi Guardian
  • Get Some
    • View Profile
    • JediDefender
« Reply #14 on: April 13, 2004, 08:41 PM »
Opposition as in the Iraqi Insurqence? If so I back that decision completly.
No...members of a different opinion than yours