Author Topic: Vega Bros.  (Read 1477 times)

Offline Jim

• Jedi Apprentice
    • View Profile
Vega Bros.
« on: August 9, 2004, 02:32 PM »
Not sure if anyone mentioned this, but Tarantino is doing a prequel about the Vega Brothers.  Here is the quote:

"It's a sequel to both Pulp Fiction and Reservoir Dogs, actually, it's a sequel and it's a prequel. It's the Vega Brothers, played by Michael Madsen and John Travolta. I have been trying to do it for years, and the more time I take, the older these two guys get. But I've come up with an idea that won't much matter how much they age....the magic of movies. It's going to be great. It'll be funny, and these guys are so great, alright, they're going to be like two oversized mob-men fighting over the last bowl of pasta, that we can't go wrong. It's just going to be John and Michael, and I hope to make this my next movie. We're laying down the pipework for it now."

Offline Mikey D

• Jedi Knight
  • Lost soul
    • View Profile
Re: Vega Bros.
« Reply #1 on: August 9, 2004, 02:37 PM »
This has been rumored for years.  I won't hold my breath for a release anytime soon.

That being said, if and when this movie gets made, I'm there.  
Common sense isn't so common

Offline Bob Crane

• Jedi Initiate
  • "Austria!"
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: August 9, 2004, 03:28 PM »
I thought his upcoming project was a remake of the Dirty Dozen?
"Fascism should more appropriately be called Corporatism because it is a merger of State and corporate power."   -Benito Mussolini

SilverZ

« Reply #3 on: August 9, 2004, 07:14 PM »
Yeah, what happened to Inglorious Bastards?

Not that I'd be upset getting Vega Bros instead. Or maybe he's meaning this is up next after IB. Is this a recent rumor from a credible place?

Offline jjks

• Jedi Padawan
  • Belligerent as hell
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: August 10, 2004, 11:00 PM »
I REALLY want this movie to get made, but that's not why I'm posting right now. I wanted to let Tydirium know how much I dig his Happy Time Harry avatar. That episode was on Sunday and it reminded me of getting those free Highlander bags at Comic Con.  Daniel and I used them as carry on's for the flight home and quoted that episode the entire time!

Good times....carry on with the Vega Bros. now, my apologies.

Offline Angry Ewok

• Staff Member
  • Jedi Master
  • The Ewok Village Idiot
    • View Profile
    • www.TowheeStudio.com
« Reply #5 on: August 11, 2004, 01:34 AM »
I like the two characters/actors, so it'll be neat to see this happen. If it happens.

I still have hopes that Terrantino will make a James Bond movie some day.

SilverZ

« Reply #6 on: August 11, 2004, 09:27 PM »
Highlander was a documentary, which was filmed in real time.

And I see you're sporting a pic of a fine action figure as well, there! Nice!  ;)

No really, back on topic now, sorry...

I REALLY want this movie to get made, but that's not why I'm posting right now. I wanted to let Tydirium know how much I dig his Happy Time Harry avatar. That episode was on Sunday and it reminded me of getting those free Highlander bags at Comic Con.  Daniel and I used them as carry on's for the flight home and quoted that episode the entire time!

Good times....carry on with the Vega Bros. now, my apologies.