Author Topic: Black Series Snowspeeder with 6" Dak Ralter  (Read 4687 times)

Offline Diddly

• Jedi Master
  • SECede
    • View Profile
Re: Black Series Snowspeeder with 6" Dak Ralter
« Reply #15 on: June 29, 2020, 04:38 PM »
I know people who preordered from Gamestop are getting theirs. I'm personally holding out for a few more weeks and hoping I can snag one in person
http://diddlyscoop.blogspot.com
Twitter: @travis_banks

Offline tmanthegreat

• Jedi Initiate
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: June 29, 2020, 07:22 PM »
Thanks! I ordered one from Hasbro Pulse and it’s been marked as shipped already. I haven’t decided if I’ll keep my original preorder with EE or just cancel it...  Might be nice to keep and MIB example around.
Duct tape is like the Force. It has a light side, a dark side, and it binds the galaxy together ;D

Offline GrandMoffNick

• Jedi Master
  • You are what you choose to be
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: July 16, 2020, 12:47 AM »
I pre-ordered this from Amazon way back when. Then decided against it so I cancelled. Then when it came back up for pre-order recently I did so again. Glad I did. It's a beauty. Mine is also the correct "zz" version.

Now of course where the hell do I put it?
« Last Edit: July 16, 2020, 12:50 AM by GrandMoffNick »
This is the water, and this is the well. Drink full, and descend. The horse is the white of the eyes, and dark within

Offline tmanthegreat

• Jedi Initiate
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: July 16, 2020, 11:21 PM »
The new Snowspeeder is awesome 8)

I mean where to begin? It has an amazing level of detail, tons of functionality, and working features. It is very similar to the 3.75” Legacy Snowspeeder from a decade ago in terms of design, just even more detailed and realistic. Really, it’s almost a studio model in a way. Definitely the best of the Black Series 6” scale vehicles by far and a fitting tribute to an iconic Star Wars vehicle.

Here’s some pictures for those interested:

Duct tape is like the Force. It has a light side, a dark side, and it binds the galaxy together ;D

Offline GrandMoffNick

• Jedi Master
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: July 16, 2020, 11:29 PM »
I assume that's a stand you had previously? I didn't throw mine out? (Like my Black Series D-O stand)
This is the water, and this is the well. Drink full, and descend. The horse is the white of the eyes, and dark within

Offline Nicklab

• Jedi Sentinel
  • I saw we fight!
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: July 17, 2020, 06:57 AM »
Those are great photos!  I hope I can open mine soon.  And the stand is a significant upgrade for displaying it!
"Call up a Hammerhead Corvette.  I have an idea."

Feedback

Offline tmanthegreat

• Jedi Initiate
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: July 17, 2020, 11:18 AM »
I assume that's a stand you had previously? I didn't throw mine out? (Like my Black Series D-O stand)

Yeah, the stand is one I had previously. It’s an acrylic stand designed for a 1/18th scale WWII SBD Dauntless aircraft model, but works quite well for the Snowspeeder.

Offline Dave

• Jedi Master
  • Never Trust a Big Butt and a Smile - BBD
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: October 26, 2020, 08:48 AM »
I never bought this and I see where the price on this is starting to come down on Amazon to make it even more tempting. 

I know we've got another thread going on displaying large vehicles, but was curious what your thoughts are on this vehicle, how big it is, and if its worth getting.

I'm really running out of room on my 6" figure shelves and am concerned the large, flat nature of this will take up half a shelf all by itself.  I passed on the TIE Fighter years ago for the same reason.

Offline GrandMoffNick

• Jedi Master
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: October 26, 2020, 09:40 AM »
I still haven't decided where to display this after pre ordering, cancelling, and then re ordering. But it's gorgeous. Top notch details. I'll display it like it's ready to fly up the wall off the floor if need be.
« Last Edit: October 26, 2020, 09:43 AM by GrandMoffNick »

Offline McMetal

• Jedi Master
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: October 26, 2020, 09:52 AM »
I’ve held off on this too because to me this has always had “Black Friday/Cyber Monday Deep Discount” written all over it. I’ll be shocked if the price doesn’t drop below $100. Hopefully my patience pays off...
A character’s face is melted by fantastical energy

Offline Dave

• Jedi Master
  • Never Trust a Big Butt and a Smile - BBD
    • View Profile
« Reply #25 on: October 26, 2020, 10:21 AM »
I’ve held off on this too because to me this has always had “Black Friday/Cyber Monday Deep Discount” written all over it. I’ll be shocked if the price doesn’t drop below $100. Hopefully my patience pays off...

Yeah, I'm hoping for the same, but for some reason Target isn't carrying this anymore online so I'm starting to get spooked about stocking levels.  I was hoping to use the 25% Target coupon on this but its not on their site.  I ended up finally getting the Luke/Yoda Dagobah set with my coupon.

Offline Diddly

• Jedi Master
  • SECede
    • View Profile
« Reply #26 on: October 26, 2020, 02:17 PM »
I want/need this, but I share the same concerns about space as everyone else has. I have a 6 inch scale Batman TAS Batmobile that perfectly fits on top of my bookshelf, and that's about all the vehicle space I have. I've made the Landspeeder work, but it's small.

Offline JediJman

• Jedi Guardian
  • I don't get drunk, I get awesome.
    • View Profile
« Reply #27 on: October 26, 2020, 07:00 PM »
I never bought this and I see where the price on this is starting to come down on Amazon to make it even more tempting. 

I know we've got another thread going on displaying large vehicles, but was curious what your thoughts are on this vehicle, how big it is, and if its worth getting.

I'm really running out of room on my 6" figure shelves and am concerned the large, flat nature of this will take up half a shelf all by itself.  I passed on the TIE Fighter years ago for the same reason.

I nabbed one of these with one of the recent sales - had been holding off as well, but was starting to get spooked about missing it as well.  The Snowspeeder is one of my favorite vehicle designs, so I couldn't pass on it.  I popped mine open this weekend and it has some cool features that I wasn't expecting, like safety belts in the cockpit, retractable tow cable, 3 landing gear with dual hatch openings on the bottom.  Dak has a removable helmet, and it comes with the harpoon gun and a couple of grenades.  Its lighter than I expected and about twice the length of the vintage speeder if that helps.  I didn't realize how much smaller a speeder is compared to a TIE though - the 6" scale TIE dwarfs it.  I always consider them similar in size based on the vintage toys, but its not close.
Climbed a mountain & never came back. I will not quit & I always fight back 
From this moment for all my life. What could I say? Was born to be this way. And what could I say?  Just livin' for today

Offline McMetal

• Jedi Master
    • View Profile
« Reply #28 on: November 26, 2020, 04:14 PM »
I am really hoping to find one of these at a discount in the next few days, if anyone sees any good deals please post here, thx!
A character’s face is melted by fantastical energy

Offline Diddly

• Jedi Master
  • SECede
    • View Profile
« Reply #29 on: November 27, 2020, 09:43 PM »
I am really hoping to find one of these at a discount in the next few days, if anyone sees any good deals please post here, thx!

Only deal I've seen on these so far is on Hasbro Pulse, where orders over $100 get 20% off. Cuts the price to $95.99 before tax and shipping. I will likely hold off until Monday to see if there are any better deals, if not I'll probably order through Hasbro.