Author Topic: 25th Anniversary Line  (Read 199471 times)

Offline DarkKnight2k4

• Jedi Apprentice
  • You underestimate my power...
    • View Profile
    • New Jersey Star Wars Collectors Club
G.I. Joe Toys Thread
« Reply #300 on: August 7, 2007, 02:58 PM »
ManI have yet to see any at retail.  :'(

Do you have a Target near by?  If so, and they reset their toy ailse, be on the lookout.  My Target finished the action figure set either Wednesday or Thursday and by Saturday they had the 25th Joe figures stocked.  They had one case of the singles and one or two cases of the 5-packs.  Not sure how they ship in a case but there were at least 2 of each (Joe and Cobra).

E...

I'll have to check again. Not last time I checked...

At least I got the Gold and Silver Destro in the mail !!!  ;D

Offline Paul

• Retired Staff Member
  • Jedi Knight
    • View Profile
G.I. Joe Toys Thread
« Reply #301 on: August 7, 2007, 05:27 PM »
All the cards I have seen have been warped.

I snagged a whole set at Target today.  Oddly it was Hood Cobra Commander that was in short supply.  There were 2 Officers, 2 Flints, 6 Snake Eyes (all with Grey Timber) and 5 Storm Shadows and 1 Cobra Commander...

These still haven't surfaced at Wal Mart for me yet.  Plus I want the retro 12in AT guys...

I've seen several of the 5 packs.  The ones I saw today looked like that Gorilla from the Samsonite commercial got ahold of them.

Offline Brian

• Jedi Sentinel
    • View Profile
G.I. Joe Toys Thread
« Reply #302 on: August 8, 2007, 04:38 PM »
I stopped back at Target today, and the Joe single packs were completely wiped out.  They did have three of the 5 packs there (2 Cobra, 1 Joe), but all the single packs from the other day were gone.  These seem to be selling well around here, at least from what I've seen so far.  Although, I don't know how much has shipped at this point.

Offline iFett

• Jedi Sentinel
  • wabbit hunter
    • View Profile
G.I. Joe Toys Thread
« Reply #303 on: August 8, 2007, 04:44 PM »
One of my local Targets have been peg warming Snake Eyes and Storm Shadow since the reset...Today they were up to:

x6 Snake Eyes
x4 Storm Shadow

They're sold out of everything pretty much everywhere else, but it is kinda sad to see that they're the pegwarmers (so far) in my area.  This must be due to all of the the SE/SS overload during the past few years, but still...it's just not right IMO
« Last Edit: August 8, 2007, 06:37 PM by iFett »
Learn new skills at home that some consider to be.....unnatural.  Easy repayment terms.  555-PLPTN

Offline efranks

• Jedi Knight
  • Eric Franks
    • View Profile
G.I. Joe Toys Thread
« Reply #304 on: August 8, 2007, 06:31 PM »
Similar story at my local Target.  Two Snake Eyes and one Stormshadow figure are what's left of the case that got stocked over the weekend.  The 5-packs haven't come back yet.

E...

"I sell the drugs that keep you people from seeing dragons at night." - Gus "Psych"

Offline Greg

• Jedi Apprentice
    • View Profile
G.I. Joe Toys Thread
« Reply #305 on: August 8, 2007, 06:54 PM »
No 25th Anniversary Joes at my local Target, but I did see the new BBi figure line. The Abrams tank and Black Hawk are must haves, as well as the Humvee which I will most likely get on clearance.

Offline Neal

• Jedi Apprentice
    • View Profile
G.I. Joe Toys Thread
« Reply #306 on: August 8, 2007, 08:14 PM »
To be fair, the initial case assortment of Wave 1 does have 2x Storm Shadow and 3x Snake Eyes in it.  In an 8-figure case, that's a bit of an overload.  It doesn't really surprise me that they hang around the pegs a bit longer.

Offline Brian

• Jedi Sentinel
    • View Profile
G.I. Joe Toys Thread
« Reply #307 on: August 9, 2007, 09:09 AM »
I guess there is some speculation that the playing cards given out at ComicCon might be clues as to what figures could be on the way in the 25th line.  There is a number of variant/repaints, such as "Shipwreck with white shirt" which we saw both versions of in toy form at CC.  Anyways, just thought I'd pass it along - food for thought.  You can see all of the cards at the linky (and larger versions by clicking on each suit).

Offline Paul

• Retired Staff Member
  • Jedi Knight
    • View Profile
G.I. Joe Toys Thread
« Reply #308 on: August 9, 2007, 09:14 AM »
Wasn't there also a "Rumor" at the show that there were 2 versions of Stalker (even though we have yet to see EITHER painted).

While I don't want an entire line of repaints or variations, if they make sense (Tiger Force, Python Patrol)...I could be ok with it.

I have been looking at that deck of cards ever since that rumor floated across the TNI boards.  I think I am ok with 80% of them.

As an update, I found 4 of the 5 AT Joes yesterday.  I am only missing Man of Action now and the Adventure Team will be complete.

Offline efranks

• Jedi Knight
  • Eric Franks
    • View Profile
G.I. Joe Toys Thread
« Reply #309 on: August 9, 2007, 10:18 AM »
I guess there is some speculation that the playing cards given out at ComicCon might be clues as to what figures could be on the way in the 25th line.  There is a number of variant/repaints, such as "Shipwreck with white shirt" which we saw both versions of in toy form at CC.  Anyways, just thought I'd pass it along - food for thought.  You can see all of the cards at the linky (and larger versions by clicking on each suit).

Well, it would make sense seeing as how they could easily have come up with other characters to put on the cards instead of two versions of Shipwreck or Torpedo, etc.  I'd buy that rumor of the cards being the potential line-up for the 25th figures.

If they are going to do all those figures, plus re-paints, I think I'll take a hard look at them before deciding how many I want to pick up.  I definitely want that Firefly figure, though. 

E...
"I sell the drugs that keep you people from seeing dragons at night." - Gus "Psych"

Offline Brian

• Jedi Sentinel
    • View Profile
G.I. Joe Toys Thread
« Reply #310 on: August 9, 2007, 12:39 PM »
I stopped by WM this morning to pick up a couple things and noticed they were in the process of re-setting the action figure aisle.  They had the 25th Joes single packs on the pegs for the spiffy price of $4.88.  It was nice to see a sub-$5 action figure again.  I had this wave already, but couldn't resist picking up another Snake Eyes.  Always one of my favorites.

Offline JangoTat

• Jedi Apprentice
    • View Profile
G.I. Joe Toys Thread
« Reply #311 on: August 10, 2007, 09:59 AM »
How rare was lady jay, 2 or 3 years old figure?

i remember picking up a few for $1 and they went crazy on ebay never understood why though. was she short packed or something?
School has been on strike all month. so much for the summer job I was hoping to get D:

Offline DarkKnight2k4

• Jedi Apprentice
  • You underestimate my power...
    • View Profile
    • New Jersey Star Wars Collectors Club
G.I. Joe Toys Thread
« Reply #312 on: August 10, 2007, 11:25 AM »
Is anyone else having an issue with curved cards ? I am having a hard time finding really good cards. So are my friends...

???

Offline Brian

• Jedi Sentinel
    • View Profile
G.I. Joe Toys Thread
« Reply #313 on: August 10, 2007, 11:33 AM »
Yeah, curved cards seem to be an issue due to the thin-ness of them.  Most of the ones I've seen have been decent (or, good enough for me), but maybe not for a MOC collector.  I'm not keeping these MOC, but so far I'm keeping the cardbacks just because they look spiffy and remind me of the ones I had as a kid.

Offline Paul

• Retired Staff Member
  • Jedi Knight
    • View Profile
G.I. Joe Toys Thread
« Reply #314 on: August 10, 2007, 02:46 PM »
I have only seen one set of decent/mint cards, so I feel for you carded guys.  But like Brian...I don't collect carded figures, so what I think is decent may be trash to carded guys.

The good ones were at Wal Mart...I have not seen any Non-Warped ones at Target.  I doubt that matters, but it was just an observation....I've also only seen them at 1 Wal Mart to this point.  And I have been checking daily..still looking or the 12in AT Man of Action...