Author Topic: Recent Acquisitions  (Read 194415 times)

Offline Pete_Fett

• Jedi Knight
  • Jedi Killer
    • View Profile
Re: Recent Acquisitions
« Reply #255 on: September 7, 2016, 12:23 AM »
Picked up the Star Scavenger from The Freemaker Adventures tonight since TRU is running the Star Wars Lego sale - it was the only remaining released Star Wars Lego Set I didn't have yet. Bring on the Rogue One stuff at the end of this month I guess - but since Lego is starting the double rewards points in October, I'll probably hold off until Oct 1st and then order all of the new sets. I'm still not sure I want to get the "new" Death Star, it's a bit too much like the 2008 one for my liking...
Peter

Letting my collecting OCD get the better of me on a DAILY basis... and loving EVERY minute of it!

Offline Diddly

• Jedi Master
  • SECede
    • View Profile
« Reply #256 on: September 7, 2016, 09:36 AM »
Target is also running 10% off all Star Wars sets this week, with 20% off select sets. Unfortunately the stock was either picked over or the boxes looked like they had been hit by a train.
http://diddlyscoop.blogspot.com
Twitter: @travis_banks

Offline Dave

• Jedi Master
  • Never Trust a Big Butt and a Smile - BBD
    • View Profile
« Reply #257 on: September 7, 2016, 12:01 PM »
Their online stock seems good.  I just placed an order for three sets @20% + 5% and free shipping with the Target Red Card.

I'm looking forward to building the Luggabeast from the Encounter on Jakku set with the kids.

Offline Pete_Fett

• Jedi Knight
  • Jedi Killer
    • View Profile
« Reply #258 on: October 2, 2016, 04:20 PM »
Stopped by the nearest Lego store to my house today - they still had good stock on the new Rogue One sets - so I grabbed all five plus the three new Build-a-Figure sets. Took advantage of the double VIP points in the process, basically, purchased $100 worth of stuff at a time to keep using my VIP rewards. I suppose I could have just made one big purchase and put the rewards towards the Ghostbusters Firehouse, but it mentally felt better to get the discounts near immediately. (I know, I'm weird like that).

Can't wait to start putting these together - think I'm gonna do the TIE Striker first...
Peter

Letting my collecting OCD get the better of me on a DAILY basis... and loving EVERY minute of it!

Offline Matt_Fury

• Jedi General
  • I aim to misbehave.
    • View Profile
    • Every Action Figure Parody has a beginning.
« Reply #259 on: October 2, 2016, 09:20 PM »
Picked up the Lego AT-ST on Force Friday for my kid's birthday.  A nice set with some cool figures.  Baze's gun is ridiculous!  :D
This is the way.

I have spoken.

Offline Diddly

• Jedi Master
  • SECede
    • View Profile
« Reply #260 on: October 3, 2016, 09:15 AM »
I got the Hovertank on Force Friday... and the 2nd to last Revan my LEGO Store had.

Offline I Am Sith

• Jedi Apprentice
  • 1/6 the Sith I used to be...
    • View Profile
« Reply #261 on: October 5, 2016, 08:06 AM »
Ended up getting the Clone Turbo Tank as I never bought the previous release(s), but I completely flaked out and missed the Revan figure.  Thankfully I just used VIP points to pay for it and it only cost me about $5.
The 60mm Sith Lord - All the hate and anger you've come to expect, now in a new conveniently sized package!

Offline Diddly

• Jedi Master
  • SECede
    • View Profile
« Reply #262 on: October 26, 2016, 10:15 AM »
More Rollbacks at the local Walmart... nabbed the Carbon Freezing Chamber for $20 ($5 off) yesterday. They had Poe's X-Wing for $68 and Unkar's Junkyard for $48 (tempting but I'm in the process of moving and need to save cash for the time being), and some various Build a Figures for $20 too.

Offline Pete_Fett

• Jedi Knight
  • Jedi Killer
    • View Profile
« Reply #263 on: October 29, 2016, 10:26 AM »
Decided to pull the trigger on the "new" Death Star set while the 2x VIP points is still in effect. Not even sure I'm going to build this one, or if I do, I'll take the original release apart first before building this one. Wonder if it would be worth trying to sell the original set minus the mini-figures.
Peter

Offline I Am Sith

• Jedi Apprentice
  • 1/6 the Sith I used to be...
    • View Profile
« Reply #264 on: January 23, 2017, 08:37 PM »
Saw some deals over the weekend on Amazon for some remaining 2016 sets I hadn't picked up yet, so went ahead and got them.  Picked up Captain Rex's AT-TE, U-Wing Fighter, Krennic's Shuttle, and the Resistance X-Wing.  They were all 18%-25% off retail so I figured it was as good a time as any to buy.
« Last Edit: January 23, 2017, 08:37 PM by I Am Sith »
The 60mm Sith Lord - All the hate and anger you've come to expect, now in a new conveniently sized package!

Offline Rob

• Staff Member
  • Jedi Elder
    • View Profile
« Reply #265 on: January 24, 2017, 12:06 PM »
I picked up a Ghostbusters Firehouse and the UCS Hoth Set just before Christmas.   I'm all caught up until something new from the OT shows up.  Still hoping for a UCS A-Wing this year.

Offline 77Skywalker

• Jedi Padawan
    • View Profile
« Reply #266 on: February 1, 2017, 11:50 AM »
The last one I got here was Darth Vader's TIE Fighter with the A-Wing Fighter.

Offline Pete_Fett

• Jedi Knight
  • Jedi Killer
    • View Profile
« Reply #267 on: February 18, 2017, 05:08 PM »
I guess the "new" Star Wars sets are officially released now, although, I saw a box at WalMart that said that the sets shouldn't be put out until March 1st (OOOPS!)

Anyway, I was able to score all four of the new Microfighters (U-Wing, Y-Wing, Krennic's Shuttle & TIE Striker), the Y-Wing, the Rebels Battle Pack, the Empire Battle Pack and Yoda's Jedi Starfighter. I've seen the Scarif, Baze and Chirrut buildable figures - I ended up ordering them from LEGO Shop using some VIP points.

Have seen the A-Wing, Battle on Scarif, Phantom v2 and Theed Duel sets as well. Haven't seen the Skiff or Luke's Landspeeder, although admittedly, I'm not that excited for those, feels like we just got both of them recently.
Peter

Offline Diddly

• Jedi Master
  • SECede
    • View Profile
« Reply #268 on: February 20, 2017, 10:42 PM »
Grabbed Encounter on Jakku at Walmart for $15 off today. Still need 2-3 sets to get caught up to the Rogue One releases.

Offline Diddly

• Jedi Master
  • SECede
    • View Profile
« Reply #269 on: February 22, 2017, 05:41 PM »
FINALLY got a decent price on the First Order TIE Fighter on Amazon, thanks to some $8 off $50 promotion they were having today. Came out to around $53 after the discount and taxes.

This finally completes 2015 for me, and now I just need to grab the Resistance X-Wing, Hoth Attack (which seems to have vanished from both retail and online stores), and the UCS Echo Base and I'll be caught up to 2017.