Author Topic: Zica Toys 3.75" Sectaurs Figure Line  (Read 20581 times)

Offline Brian

• Jedi Sentinel
    • View Profile
Re: Zica Toys 3.75" Sectaurs Figure Line
« Reply #45 on: July 29, 2019, 11:44 PM »
I had sort of forgotten about these until they were on BBTS front page today when I stopped there. Looks like they are on the way soon-ish. Honestly I never had these as a kid, but was at least aware of them. After learning more about the original line over the past few years, I'm kind of interested in picking a couple up. I'm just a sucker for 80s nostalgia toylines.

Offline JediJman

• Jedi Guardian
  • I don't get drunk, I get awesome.
    • View Profile
« Reply #46 on: March 9, 2020, 06:36 PM »
Sectaurs Royal Guard Troop Builder 5-Pack
Qty: 1 x $95.00
Sectaurs Skull Soldier Trooper Builder 5-Pack
Qty: 1 x $95.00
Sectaurs Zak Action Figure
Qty: 1 x $21.00
Sectaurs Mantor Action Figure
Sectaurs Dargon Action Figure
Sectaurs General Spidrax Action Figure

$280 with shipping.  :-X

My Sectaurs arrived today and they look amazing!  I almost don't want to open the packaging it looks so good.  A little surprised to see the Royal Guard 5pk just in a plain brown box, but I was going to open them anyway.  So excited to pop these open later tonight. 

I had forgotten about the additional figures shown on the main page.  Did they every say what happened with Skulk, Pinsor, and Waspax? 
Climbed a mountain & never came back. I will not quit & I always fight back 
From this moment for all my life. What could I say? Was born to be this way. And what could I say?  Just livin' for today

Offline Scockery

• Jedi Knight
    • View Profile
« Reply #47 on: March 10, 2020, 01:03 PM »
Go back and reread the thread, they revealed a bunch but then when it came time for the Kickstarter, they had reduced it to just 2 figures , Dargon and Spidrax. Then they added the other 4 (probably those 4 since they shared so much tooling with Dargon and Spidrax). Yeah, confusing.

I debated supporting this but then the Sail Barge was reveal and I didn't get that because too much money, and now I'm just gonna pout about getting neither.  :(

Offline JediJman

• Jedi Guardian
    • View Profile
« Reply #48 on: March 10, 2020, 02:28 PM »
Yeah, I followed all that as it was going on and ordered all 6 plus troop builders.  Just wondering what happened to the other three or if there are plans to still release those.
From this moment for all my life. What could I say? Was born to be this way. And what could I say?  Just livin' for today

Offline Brian

• Jedi Sentinel
    • View Profile
« Reply #49 on: March 10, 2020, 04:14 PM »
I had a “pile of loot” shipping from BBTS, and saw they had these in stock, so I threw a Dargon into my shipment to check them out. From everything I’ve seen about these online, they are very well done. I never had Sectaurs as a kid, but always thought they looked cool.

Offline Jeff

• Administrator
  • Jedi Elder
  • Leave me where I lie
    • View Profile
    • www.JediDefender.com
« Reply #50 on: December 1, 2020, 11:27 AM »
Did they every say what happened with Skulk, Pinsor, and Waspax? 

Just wondering what happened to the other three or if there are plans to still release those.

Sectaurs - Warriors Of Symbion Wave 2 Kickstarter

Money is a little tight for me after Razor Crest and with the Holidays coming up, but I'm hoping to be able to swing at least $120 to get the 4-pack of Pinsor, Skulk, Waspax, and Skito.
Editor-in-Chief  - www.JediDefender.com
On Twitter?  Follow JediDefender -> @jedidefender

Offline Jesse James

• Staff Member
  • Grand Master
  • Slippery When Poopy
    • View Profile
    • JediDefender.com
« Reply #51 on: December 3, 2020, 07:48 PM »
So much good stuff out and about right now...  always at Xmas!
2011 Rebel Fleet Trooper Gets My Seal Of Approval!  But Where's The Friggin' Holster On Him!?
Jedi Defender.com Contributing Editor, Twitter @JediDefender & @Jesse_James77

Offline Brian

• Jedi Sentinel
    • View Profile
« Reply #52 on: December 28, 2020, 07:22 PM »
I’d really like to get more of these, but we will see what budget allows. I did pick up Dargon and Spidrax from the first round, and absolutely love them. Those types of figures helped to remind me of how much I enjoy the 3 3/4” scale.

Offline Jeff

• Administrator
  • Jedi Elder
  • Leave me where I lie
    • View Profile
    • www.JediDefender.com
« Reply #53 on: December 28, 2020, 08:00 PM »
I did put up the $120+ for a set of 4 in Kickstarter 2.0.  This Kickstarter has really stalled.  Jumped out to 25% and now just hanging there, but I guess that's not a surprise with no real army builders in the wave and nothing on the horizon for unlocks or other incentives. 

I'll be bummed if they can't find a way to get these 4 figures made. :(

Offline JediJman

• Jedi Guardian
    • View Profile
« Reply #54 on: January 4, 2021, 04:59 PM »
I did put up the $120+ for a set of 4 in Kickstarter 2.0.  This Kickstarter has really stalled.  Jumped out to 25% and now just hanging there, but I guess that's not a surprise with no real army builders in the wave and nothing on the horizon for unlocks or other incentives. 

I signed up for the set of 4 as well, and posted a link to the Kickstarter on a number of sites.  I had a few exchanges with Craig to give him some additional ideas, but got the impression that he has just resigned to these not happening.  I would think scaling back on packaging or accessories, or trying to renegotiate with the factory or the license might help, but not having much faith in this moving forward without a big influx of backers.

Offline Jeff

• Administrator
  • Jedi Elder
  • Leave me where I lie
    • View Profile
    • www.JediDefender.com
« Reply #55 on: January 14, 2021, 02:28 PM »
This Kickstarter has really stalled.  Jumped out to 25% and now just hanging there, but I guess that's not a surprise with no real army builders in the wave and nothing on the horizon for unlocks or other incentives. 

Well, so much for that.  Barely made it past 50% of the goal.

So many problems this time around - no real army builder figure, so much new tooling on these 4 figures, licensor not willing to come up with some paint/deco variants for the selected figures to drive down the costs, etc.  Plus it sounds like this was the last chance for these as the license will expire this year.

I'll take what we got, but really wish we could have gotten these other bad guy figures. Reminds me of so many other 90s action figure lines where the line got cancelled after the main heroes but before getting too far into the bad guys. :( 

Offline Brian

• Jedi Sentinel
    • View Profile
« Reply #56 on: January 14, 2021, 09:59 PM »
That’s a bummer. I still only have the original two, but I’ve been eyeing some of the others that are available at BBTS when funds are available. Tremendous figures, they really did a great job with these.