Collectibles > 30th Anniversary Collection

2007 Video Game Figures and Vehicles...

(1/4) > >>

speedermike:
There's a big article on merchandising Star Wars at The Wall Street Journal, here was the most interesting figure related news...

"Fans will get answers next year when Lucasfilm Ltd. releases a videogame based on that unexploited time in the "Star Wars" continuum. With razzle-dazzle effects, the game will be the main platform for an accompanying line of action figures and vehicles from longtime "Star Wars" partner Hasbro Inc. to be released next year. A print and television advertising campaign will precede the game launch, piggybacking on the 30th anniversary of the franchise."

Gatillo:
I think I just had a mini orgasm, NOT!

Darth_Anton:
If I played the stocks, I would not bet on Hasbro having success with this.

Jeff:
I think it was shortly after the big Video Game conference (E3) that rumors started popping up that the game would be like the SOTE event was, complete with figures, comics, books, and stuff...

--- Quote from: Jeff on May 25, 2006, 10:13 AM ---At the E3 Lucasbooth, one piece of concept art for the 2007 Vader Video Game they showed was EXACTLY the same as the first Hyperspace image they showed pretty much conifirming that the big 2007 event would revolve around the game.

The little birdies around the 'net all seem to be hinting that 2007 will bring a LFL multi-media event similar to Shadows of the Empire or Clone Wars with a multi-platform video game, a series of novels, comic books, action figures, and possibly linking into the TV show that would hit in the fall
--- End quote ---

Of course, nothing is confirmed until we see it straight from Hasbro, but it sure looks like there will be some kind of toys for this 2007 game.  ;)

Darth Slothus:

--- Quote from: Jeff on August 23, 2006, 10:51 AM ---I think it was shortly after the big Video Game conference (E3) that rumors started popping up that the game would be like the SOTE event was, complete with figures, comics, books, and stuff...

--- End quote ---

Sigh* and we all know how well SOTE did on the pegs ::). I agree with Anthony, I'd call it a blunder. Sounds like another expensive non-movie year as well. I get the feeling Hasbro is gonna 'overfish the lake' if they continue at this rate. More and more I'm seeing long-time collectors fall/drop off directly attributed to Hasbro's exploits.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version