Collectibles > 30th Anniversary Collection

Poster Figures

(1/3) > >>

Darth Broem:
Apparently Hasbro made a "Poster Figure" prototype of Darth Vader seen here if you scroll down http://www.sithtoys.com/POTF2unproduced.html  Sorry if everyone knew about this but I did not.  However, I think it's a nifty idea really.  I know the McQuarrie Concept figures are obviously going to take over anything "different" like these poster figures could have. 

I was just wondering what figures people would like to see if they based them off of posters.  There are some Hildebrandt posters that may or may not be cool for them to consider.  Eh, just thinking about something different tonight to ponder. 

David:
well, i actually don't really like that idea to be honest. they dont really have much play value next to our other figs. they also remind me of the type of fig we got in april 2002.  :P on the other hand, they wud kik a-dubul s carded! (and i'm a C.C.C.)-Carded Completist Collector. We'll see...  :-\

Jeff:
The poster figure 4-packs popped up as a rumor right before SDCC this year in one of the Rebelscum 411 Reports:

--- Quote ---These action figure four packs will feature 8 x 11" movie poster replicas, and will include a special base to showcase the figures and posters. Currently we can expect six of these poster packs in 2007, but if the line is successful, we will likely see more. Don 't hold your breath for new sculpts though…
--- End quote ---

But at SDCC 2006, Hasbro said the Poster 4-pack idea was dropped because they chose to go with the Tin 4-pack idea instead for the 30th Anniversary (and this was confirmed in the Q&A from GH this past week).

Still a chance the Poster Figure 4-Packs could come back in the future, but for now they are dead...

Brian:
I remember those rumors at one time as well, but I hadn't ever seen that pic of Vader until it popped up at the GH Q and A this week.  Could be kind of neat if they are someday released.

Nathan:
You know what I find really cool on that page? The unproduced proof cards at the bottom. I've never heard of Legends Of The Force--I assume that's what became Power of the Jedi? Anyone have other links or know anything more about it? My Google search turned up nothing, not even the SithToys.com page.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version