Multimedia > The Original Trilogy

Fan Edit Ep IV - A Must See

(1/6) > >>

Jim:
For anyone who is a huge fan of EPIV but really was not happy with either the SE or the Remasterd Original version released a few years back, then you need to check this out.

http://fanedit.org/517/

I had heard about this several years ago and kind of lost track of it til I found it earlier this week.  Amazing work.  This guy should be hired by LFL.  Wow :o

Jesse James:
It's neat, and I'd like to see it, but I find it odd that he says he liked the SE's but yet he removed all the Ronto's from the edit it seems, and he removed the Jabba sequence at Docking Bay 94...  If you liked the SE's, and just wanted to tweak stuff (and I must say the tweak list is extensive, I really want to see it as it adds things I wanted to see personally), why would you remove all the Mos Eisley stuff, basically?  I get it if you don't like it, but if you did, why remove it?  I thought the Jabba sequence adds to the story of Han's hasty departure...  The Ronto's, eh, but I liked them.  I'm disappointed in those things, and that he removed all blue-emblem Rebels because he says there's no "Blue Squadron".

He doesn't take into account that there's also only a couple seen with Red logos in the actual battle sequence...  I could see changing a couple blue-emblem helmets, but not all.  The emblem has zero to do with the squad designation, as is evidenced by the sheer number of helmet decoes and there only being two squads (some argue three, and a 3rd "blue squad" was there flying high "cover" in the new A-Wings which had just come into service and were limited to only a small flight at Yavin, and "out of camera range"). 

Otherwise I really don't think I'd be disappointed in ANYTHING he changed.  It all sounds insanely great.  :)

Jim:
I was a bit hesitant about this project but once I saw it I was blown away by this guys dedication and work.  I personally put this version above the SE and the original cut (which it most resembles, but adds so many little things).

You really need to see this before jumping to any conclusions.  Like I said, I was hesitant but after seeing I can't understand why some of these things were not taken care of by Lucas for the re-release. 

Jesse James:
$$$$$$$$$$$$$$

or so my guess goes anyway.   :-\

Jim:

--- Quote from: Jesse James on August 29, 2009, 03:21 AM ---$$$$$$$$$$$$$$

or so my guess goes anyway.   :-\

--- End quote ---

???

This was a fan edit and is available free at the site.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version