Collectibles > The Vintage Collection

2010 "Vintage" Basic Figure Line

(1/42) > >>

Jeff:

--- Quote from: JediJman on January  3, 2010, 09:17 PM ---I wonder if they are finally rereleasing the old vintage molds?
--- End quote ---

There have been dozens of rumors that the "new" movie line will be using the "vintage" black/silver card style and the DPCI name adds more evidence to that.  It sure will be fun when all the vintage purist guys see those 2010/2011 prequel movie waves using their hallowed cardback.   :-X

Jesse James:
I've never totally gotten the anymosity to PT figures on vintage style cardbacks...  I gotta be honest.  I mean I understand there weren't any PT characters at the time and things, but to me they're trash you're throwing away after you open it anyway. 

I hope there are no altercations in the toy aisle. :P

Pete_Fett:

--- Quote from: Jeff on January  3, 2010, 09:49 PM ---There have been dozens of rumors that the "new" movie line will be using the "vintage" black/silver card style and the DPCI name adds more evidence to that.  It sure will be fun when all the vintage purist guys see those 2010/2011 prequel movie waves using their hallowed cardback.   :-X

--- End quote ---

I welcome this cardback design/look for the movie/realistic line. In my opinion, the vintage cardbacks (and also what was similarly used for the VOTC/VTSC/VTAC waves) is a "classic" look that works well for both OT and PT figures. I know it would never happen, but I think it would be great if the realistic line stayed in this packaging style from now until it ended.

Darby:
I welcome it as well.  I am really looking forward to many of these (Tarkin for example) if they pan out.  That includes PT figs.  I think our only regret will be that we don't get all the figures we want on these cards (which PT Obi will get repacked?  Will we see Slave Leia again?).

McMetal:

--- Quote from: Jeff on January  3, 2010, 09:49 PM ---It sure will be fun when all the vintage purist guys see those 2010/2011 prequel movie waves using their hallowed cardback.   :-X

--- End quote ---

We are NOT amused.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version