Collectibles > Vintage Kenner

Do You Display Your Vintage Figures?

(1/9) > >>

Brian:
I wasn't sure exactly how to title this, but I was just curious for those of you who have a vintage collection (or are actively pursuing one), do you have it displayed?  I'm still in the process of completing a loose vintage collection (my overall collecting goal for now), but it is something that has gotten put on the backburner recently with losing my job, working part-time, higher prices, other interests, etc.  I'm hoping to get back to picking a few more figures up here and there this year, and started thinking about how to display them.  Right now, the figures I do have are just baggied and in a rubbermaid box for now.  I get them out and look at them every once in awhile, but don't really have them set up and on display.

Ultimately, I'd like to (down the road) have a display similar to some I've seen on here (Scott's comes to mind, and I think there are others) where you have the vintage lineup and then their best-made modern counter parts next to them or opposite them.  I've often thought that if I had to pack up all this stuff some day, or sell some off, that if I only had a small display I'd like to have at least that stuff out.  The vintage line is what started it all for many of us, and still holds the most nostalgia for me.  Anyways, just wondering how many of you have your vintage stuff on display (or if you want to share pics, that's great too).

Jeff:
I have all of mine displayed on a shelf in my room... nothing fancy, just one little shelf to remind me where it all started.

I'd love to steal Scott's "Collect All 92" Idea/display though and buy some sort of case to display all of them standing next to the best modern equivalent.  The main reason that I haven't done that yet is that I'm afraid that I'll get it all set up, realize these 92 are all I really need and want to sell the rest of the collection.  :-X

McMetal:
I had all mine out for a few months then had to pack them away to stage our house for sale. Once we dump that place and move into a new house, they are definitely going back out, along with all the vehicles, playsets, etc.

Morgbug:

--- Quote from: Jeff on March  8, 2011, 02:18 PM ---
I'd love to steal Scott's "Collect All 92" Idea/display though and buy some sort of case to display all of them standing next to the best modern equivalent.  The main reason that I haven't done that yet is that I'm afraid that I'll get it all set up, realize these 92 are all I really need and want to sell the rest of the collection.  :-X

--- End quote ---

I swear I said I was doing that long before Scott ever mentioned it.  ;)  Of course I modified it by wanting to include the Kubrick versions as well (damn you AT-ST driver)

But that's pretty close to what my plan actually is.  I was delayed not insubstantially by the demise of the Bertby shelf from Ikea, but I'll still do something quite similar in time.  I expect I'll end up building my own display cases in the end. 

Right now though they are indeed displayed and have been for a while.  Actually I've always had my stuff out.  But the biggest issue I've run into is simply too much stuff to fit it all in the only room (9 x 13) that I have.  I think it's an ideal sized room to just display vintage but I've too much modern stuff and other stuff as well (diecast, McFarlane, Simspons, GG, etc.)

I was also contemplating using three of the 'original 12' action figure stands with the X-wing background and putting together three separate collections of the original vintage 12, a set of the 'He-Man' styled early POTF2 counterparts and then the best actual modern versions of those 12 as well.  I do want to have a display of the early POTF2 stuff though, hideous as it is. 

Matt_Fury:
I do, and you can see it in the collection thread....but I keep it somewhat separated from the modern stuff.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version