Author Topic: The Star Wars Thread  (Read 5159 times)

Offline Jesse James

• Staff Member
  • Grand Master
  • Slippery When Poopy
    • View Profile
    • JediDefender.com
The Star Wars Thread
« on: August 8, 2013, 05:59 PM »
Trailer posted for a comic, which is cool unto itself.

http://movies.yahoo.com/news/star-wars-trailer-offers-look-george-lucas-original-050000518.html

This will be the first comic series I've been excited about for Star Wars in quite a while and it won't even be part of the EU.  Go figure.

I plan to wait for a complete bound set of this though.
2011 Rebel Fleet Trooper Gets My Seal Of Approval!  But Where's The Friggin' Holster On Him!?
Jedi Defender.com Contributing Editor, Twitter @JediDefender & @Jesse_James77

Offline John C

• Jedi Padawan
    • View Profile
Re: The Star Wars Thread
« Reply #1 on: August 25, 2013, 03:29 PM »
I am looking forward to this comic.  The preview in Star Wars issue 7 looked good.  Have you tried the Star Wars series? It is full of OT goodness.  That and Walking Dead are the only two comics I look forward to each month

Offline Diddly

• Jedi Master
  • SECede
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: August 30, 2013, 12:39 AM »
I've got this series pre-ordered at my local comic store. Apparently it's selling fast!
http://diddlyscoop.blogspot.com
Twitter: @travis_banks

Offline Scott

• Staff Member
  • Jedi Guardian
  • Get Some
    • View Profile
    • JediDefender
« Reply #3 on: September 5, 2013, 05:12 PM »
Gotta say that this is a really awesome idea and the first issue (while a little confusing) was really cool.  Granted I had to squint at the iPhone version ...love the designs and the look of everything.  Very McQuarriesque with nods all over to the OT and PT.  I give it a solid 10/10

Offline Jayson

• Jedi Sentinel
  • I am one with the Force and the Force is with me
    • View Profile
    • www.yakface.com
« Reply #4 on: September 7, 2013, 11:37 PM »
My copies arrived today. While clearly Star Wars, it feels fresh and new. I agree with the confusing point as the names, places and story we've known influenced how i processed the story. I found myself flipping back and forth the first time through as I'd mix up Starkiller and General Skywalker due to their similar design.

It is definitely cool seeing some of those original names and concepts again and with Episode VII coming it will be interesting to see if anything from the early drafts makes its way in. If the name "Montross" doesn't make it into the sequel trilogy at some point I'd be shocked.
Yakface.com Owner/Content Manager
Follow me on Twitter - @yak_face / @JediJaybird

Offline Scott

• Staff Member
  • Jedi Guardian
  • Get Some
    • View Profile
    • JediDefender
« Reply #5 on: September 8, 2013, 10:46 PM »
Yeah I was lost when Skywalker showed up and looked identical to Starkiller

Offline Jesse James

• Staff Member
  • Grand Master
  • Slippery When Poopy
    • View Profile
    • JediDefender.com
« Reply #6 on: September 10, 2013, 06:54 PM »
Montross, I'm hoping they don't tromp on the character if they do move that over to E7...  If it comes up I hope it's at least in the context it's supposed to be in for that storyline then is what I mean.  I dug him.

I bought a copy of the first issue, and liked it a lot.  I don't think I'm into getting each issue though and I'm going to wait for a bound complete one to pick up.  I enjoyed it and want to read, but don't want sucked into all the individual issues is all.
2011 Rebel Fleet Trooper Gets My Seal Of Approval!  But Where's The Friggin' Holster On Him!?
Jedi Defender.com Contributing Editor, Twitter @JediDefender & @Jesse_James77

Offline Jayson

• Jedi Sentinel
  • I am one with the Force and the Force is with me
    • View Profile
    • www.yakface.com
« Reply #7 on: September 12, 2013, 07:51 PM »
Got my 4th and 5th cover variants today. 2 more and they are all getting framed as a set.  8)
Yakface.com Owner/Content Manager
Follow me on Twitter - @yak_face / @JediJaybird

Offline Scott

• Staff Member
  • Jedi Guardian
  • Get Some
    • View Profile
    • JediDefender
« Reply #8 on: October 7, 2013, 05:18 PM »
Issue #2 was another great one.  Love to see the similarities and plot of this story to that of the TPM and ANH...I can sort of see the splits.  My biggest gripe is still the fact that the story and action seems to take huge jumps in the action and story with no real good explanation