Multimedia > Star Wars Anthology

Rogue One (SPOILER FREE)

<< < (3/12) > >>

Jeff:

--- Quote from: Scott on August  7, 2016, 09:15 PM ---Weird they are pushing it on NBC and not an ABC event

--- End quote ---

I saw Disney is pimping their new animated film, Moana, during the Olympics as well - guess Disney is just wanting to get some buzz off the Olympics, even if it helps NBC temporarily.

Nicklab:
The Olympics do huge numbers in terms of the size of the audience.  I think that's the reason why they're doing this. 

Nicklab:
The composer who was originally announced to score ROGUE ONE, Alexandre Desplat, has been replaced.  Due to scheduling issues related to the reshoots that took place during the summer, the schedule for scoring the new movie was thrown off.  This reportedly caused some scheduling conflicts that would not allow Desplat to finish the score.  Replacing him on the job will be composer Michael Giacchino, who has worked extensively with JJ Abrams.  Read more about this at i09:   http://io9.gizmodo.com/three-months-from-release-rogue-one-a-star-wars-story-1786691696?rev=1473982544042

Darby:
Thrilled to see Giancchino who is outstanding. The reshoot explanation is odd as the schedule has not changed. The film is still coming out on schedule and at most the reshoots would create additional material to be scored, but films are typically scored at the very end of the production cycle, which would be right now.

Nicklab:
Not necessarily.  The final cut of a movie can get locked down early relative to the theatrical release, despite visual effects not being totally completed.  The scoring may have been pushed back to accommodate a lengthier edit schedule that was caused by the reshoots.  Temp visual effects shots get used as placeholders in the edited version until those are done.  The last part of the process is generally the final sound mix. 

And if Desplat was already booked on another show, I could see him leaving the ROGUE ONE production. 

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version