Multimedia > Star Wars Universe

LFL/Disney Announce New Star Wars Trilogy helmed by Rian Johnson

<< < (3/5) > >>

McMetal:
This is great news I guess, but I cant help but feel a little bummed too. Like Jesse said, there's the real possibility now that the stories will outlive me, and I feel disappointed knowing I wont be a party to it all. It also serves as a pretty stark reminder that the toys are just going to keep coming forever and eventually I will reach a breaking point which I am not looking forward to...sigh.

Darby:

--- Quote ---I mean, I have to say, I'm kinda bummed I may never see all of it because it may simply go on beyond my life with more and more stories, and at one point that was never a thought I'd ever considered.
--- End quote ---

I accepted this when the Disney sale happened, and also when Carrie Fisher died. SW will survive without her, and all of our heroes, and all of us. That's great. Part of me would like to take a peek a hundred or two hundred years from now, and see what the story is then. Is is Shakespeare? Is it forgotten? Part of me is glad I won't know, and that my luck is being a kid that lived the beginning.

Nicklab:
During the press junket for THE LAST JEDI, director Rian Johnson has also been fielding questions about the new trilogy that he's been signed to write and produce.  And indications are that it's not going to be an Old Republic type of story.

Jesse James:
Gotta say, good.  I’d prefer something else personally.

Nicklab:
Same here.  Telling a new story seems so much more worthwhile.  And that's not meant to diminish KOTOR or the Old Republic in general, but we've seen a bunch of those stories already.  Why tell them all over again?

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version