Author Topic: The Mandalorian (SPOILERS possible)  (Read 183991 times)

Offline Nicklab

• Jedi Sentinel
  • I saw we fight!
    • View Profile
Re: The Mandalorian (SPOILERS possible)
« Reply #135 on: November 27, 2019, 10:26 AM »
The evolving armor brings to mind an old deluxe figure from the AOTC/SAGA days.  There was a Jango Fett deluxe figure with removable / interchangeable armor.  And that concept would be pretty cool for the Mandalorian.

Based on what we've seen the past couple of years?  I think it might be entirely possible that the Disney Parks could get some kind of exclusive Mandalorian Armorer's Forge, kind of like the Droid Factory set.
"Call up a Hammerhead Corvette.  I have an idea."

Feedback

Online Dave

• Jedi Master
  • Never Trust a Big Butt and a Smile - BBD
    • View Profile
« Reply #136 on: November 27, 2019, 03:39 PM »
Based on what we've seen the past couple of years?  I think it might be entirely possible that the Disney Parks could get some kind of exclusive Mandalorian Armorer's Forge, kind of like the Droid Factory set.

That would be so cool.  Build out your army from The Sin with different weapons, jet packs, armor, etc.

Offline Chris M

• Jedi Apprentice
  • Time to nut up or shut up.
    • View Profile
« Reply #137 on: November 29, 2019, 02:43 PM »
Man I'm loving this show.  I watched episode 4 while I was on the crosstrainer this morning after a little time in the weight room.

Anyway, I love the adventure of the week feel, but with an underlying story that follows along.  This is a great series for a non-SW fan. 
"Democracy is two wolves and a lamb voting on what to have for lunch. Liberty is a well-armed lamb contesting the vote."  Ben franklin

Embrace the suck.

Offline Jedi Idej

• Jedi Padawan
    • View Profile
« Reply #138 on: November 29, 2019, 03:26 PM »
Baby Yoda food shamed. Hahaha.

Offline Diddly

• Jedi Master
  • SECede
    • View Profile
« Reply #139 on: November 29, 2019, 11:02 PM »
Just finished Episode 4. They really got me with that fakeout.

I like the sequel trilogy, but this series has done so much better at world building than those movies have.
http://diddlyscoop.blogspot.com
Twitter: @travis_banks

Offline GrandMoffNick

• Jedi Master
  • You are what you choose to be
    • View Profile
« Reply #140 on: November 30, 2019, 01:11 AM »
Anyway, I love the adventure of the week feel, but with an underlying story that follows along.  This is a great series for a non-SW fan.

Perfectly put.
This is the water, and this is the well. Drink full, and descend. The horse is the white of the eyes, and dark within

Offline GrandMoffNick

• Jedi Master
    • View Profile
« Reply #141 on: November 30, 2019, 01:12 AM »
I had a mini heart attack when I thought the Mandalorian was leaving baby Yoda behind and then a full on heart attack when I thought the bounty hunter blasted him.

I hope Cara isn't one and done like IG seems to be
« Last Edit: November 30, 2019, 01:20 AM by GrandMoffNick »
This is the water, and this is the well. Drink full, and descend. The horse is the white of the eyes, and dark within

Online Dave

• Jedi Master
  • Never Trust a Big Butt and a Smile - BBD
    • View Profile
« Reply #142 on: November 30, 2019, 08:52 AM »
I hope Cara isn't one and done like IG seems to be

I was thinking the same thing. 

Kind of interesting that there are virtually no recurring characters.  I figured Werner Herzog and crew were going to be a persistent bad guy element that he had to battle, but maybe its going to be random bounty hunters always on his trail. 

I really like The Mandalorian and his interaction with the villagers.  It’s too bad he is moving on so quickly.

Also interesting that we got an AT-ST repaint released that was in one show for five minutes.  I had thought this might have been a vehicle he used to capture bounties.  Guess not.

Offline GrandMoffNick

• Jedi Master
    • View Profile
« Reply #143 on: November 30, 2019, 09:10 AM »
It's looking like Mando, baby Yoda and the Razor Crest might be (lots of show left so who knows) the only recurring characters. We may just be in for mostly toys with 2 to 15 minutes of screen time.
« Last Edit: November 30, 2019, 09:11 AM by GrandMoffNick »

Offline Matt_Fury

• Jedi General
  • I aim to misbehave.
    • View Profile
    • Every Action Figure Parody has a beginning.
« Reply #144 on: November 30, 2019, 12:03 PM »
It's looking like Mando, baby Yoda and the Razor Crest might be (lots of show left so who knows) the only recurring characters. We may just be in for mostly toys with 2 to 15 minutes of screen time.

And I’m ok with that.

I do have a feeling we’re going to see Cara Duune again later this season.
« Last Edit: November 30, 2019, 12:03 PM by Matt_Fury »
This is the way.

I have spoken.

Offline Rob

• Staff Member
  • Jedi Elder
    • View Profile
« Reply #145 on: November 30, 2019, 01:55 PM »
I do have a feeling we’re going to see Cara Duune again later this season.

I can’t speak to this season but I do know that she’s involved in season 2 filming, so she’s definitely not one and done.

Offline tmanthegreat

• Jedi Initiate
    • View Profile
« Reply #146 on: November 30, 2019, 06:08 PM »
I enjoyed episode 4 just as much as I have the previous three 8)
It certainly took inspiration from the plot line of the films Seven Samurai or The Magnificent Seven, save without the tragic end results for the main characters.  I thought the AT-ST seemed far more menacing than they did in ROTJ...  Guess that’s due to the glowing viewports/eye effect and that battle sequence taking place in the dark, adding an element of suspense.  Again, another solid episode and maybe an excuse to finally open my TVC AT-ST Raider  ;)
Duct tape is like the Force. It has a light side, a dark side, and it binds the galaxy together ;D

Offline Jesse James

• Staff Member
  • Grand Master
  • Slippery When Poopy
    • View Profile
    • JediDefender.com
« Reply #147 on: December 1, 2019, 12:18 AM »
Not my fav episode but it had a lot to like.  It was interesting to see such a primitive, and yet still technologically level society on the planet.  Very much unsettled and clean.  There seems to be a recurring theme hinting at the Empire actually keeping things in line and since it’s collapse people are wanting away from the nutty stuff of more heavily populated places. 

Lothcat.

Cara Dune came off great...  some of the lines in the episode were kind of odd in a way but her acting came off the best I felt.  She’s not a natural actress if I’m not mistaken but I felt she delivered lines great while some of the Mandos felt weird in a way. 

A fun episode and it felt too short if anything.  This really could easily fill a full hour per episode and still have story to tell within it.

Did he say they’d been there over a week at the end too?  That definitely showed they’re struggling with time passage in short episodes.  Star Wars always kind of has done that though, imo.
2011 Rebel Fleet Trooper Gets My Seal Of Approval!  But Where's The Friggin' Holster On Him!?
Jedi Defender.com Contributing Editor, Twitter @JediDefender & @Jesse_James77

Offline CorranHorn

• Jedi Apprentice
  • I can't think of anything witty to say...
    • View Profile
    • The Power Of The Customizer
« Reply #148 on: December 1, 2019, 09:49 AM »
I think the line was “we made a lot of  noise a few weeks back and that’s going to get attention” when referring to the fight with the Klatooinians. So yeah they stayed there for a while afterwards

Is it me or was the walker an automaton? No sign of a driver. Very cool looking in the dark.

And I wonder if the Mando’s lines this week are just a continuation of the idea that while he is a renowned hunter and he tries to keep a calm exterior , he often is bumbling his way through things. For which I find charming.
Jason F.

- FFURG Admin
- Vintage Needs: Micro Collection Snowspeeder box and pilots, Micro Collection X-Wing pilot

Offline McMetal

• Jedi Master
    • View Profile
« Reply #149 on: December 1, 2019, 09:54 AM »
this was my least favorite episode so far, but still enjoyable. I tend to miss a lot without the captioning, so I need to watch it again. Still not sure who Cara’s character was supposed to be...at one point he refers to her as a “Shock Trooper” and then later as fighting for the rebellion. Some kind of ex-soldier clearly.

I loved seeing the Lothcat!

Those dudes did not look like Klatooinians to me. They were all pasty and white. I thought they were supposed to be green?
A character’s face is melted by fantastical energy