Multimedia > TV-9D9

Star Wars Resistance

<< < (3/18) > >>

Dave:
If there ever was a time to do an OT animated series it would be now.  Essentially all the main characters are dead (you gotta think Leia will either be dead at the start of E9 or die quickly in to the beginning) and their stories have run their course.  Filling in some gaps and telling what happened post ROTJ should be fertile ground and hit home with both old farts like us and potentially a younger generation that the story lines are geared towards.

McMetal:
I just hope they have a half-assed line of toys they can trickle out and then neglect severely the rest of the time the show is on the air like the last two animated shows.  ::)

Nicklab:
I think that the remarks about Disney wanting to flesh out their era of the Star Wars universe are on point.  Previous TV projects have covered significant periods in time between the movie eras.  So why would Lucasfilm and Disney not explore the timespan before THE FORCE AWAKENS?  Sure, books have covered that timeframe, and that material is all canon.  But I think a TV series can help flesh out that timeframe much better for a wider audience. 

For a while I had difficulty discerning why Leia was leading the Resistance, and how that operated relative to the Republic.  And how did the First Order manage to rise up?  Granted, when I got through the book Bloodline, a significant number of questions got answered.  But it does seem like putting that sort of material in print only reaches a narrow audience.  I also like the fact that they're going to be utilizing film actors like Oscar Isaac and Gwendoline Christie reprising their roles for this series.  Having that kind of crossover is great.  I know that when I saw some of the FORCES OF DESTINY pieces I was really impressed by the number of movie actors they had voicing those animated pieces.

I'm also interested to see the style and design elements of this series.  The announcement that it's going to be done in more of an anime style sounds like it's going to be a departure from the 3D animated style we saw in both CLONE WARS and REBELS.  But it harkens back to some of Filoni's previous work as showrunner for Avatar - The Last Airbender which was done along those lines.

Scockery:

--- Quote from: McMetal on April 27, 2018, 08:43 AM ---I just hope they have a half-assed line of toys they can trickle out and then neglect severely the rest of the time the show is on the air like the last two animated shows.  ::)

--- End quote ---

Yeah. Though TCW line wasn't neglected until near the end.

Jeff:

--- Quote from: GrandMoffNick on April 26, 2018, 11:09 PM ---You, as well as I, would be fine with a show with OT characters. But I think there are a lot of people that would not be. And I think a lot of those people's reasonings are irrational. Go read the discussion on Yakface's comment section about this.
--- End quote ---

I was lol quite a bit yesterday as people posted comments at Yakface or on twitter about how this show is more Disney garbage or is doomed to failure based on the simple fact it had the audacity to be set in the pre-TFA era. 

It could turn out to be the best cartoon of all time with an amazing story and amazing characters, but nope - it's garbage because Poe or Phasma or whatever.  This could be the "X-Wing Squadron" show people have always clamored for but because it's a guy named 'Kazuda' and not 'Wedge', it's garbage.   ::)

Would I like to see an OT cartoon or a Han/Chewie buddy cartoon that gave us a bunch of their adventures? Absolutely... but I'm a 44 year old man with an OT man-crush.  I cannot blame Disney for trying to create some new pilot that some new group of fans/kids is going to fall in love with just like a number of kids out there fell in love with Han or Luke or Obi-Wan or Hera or Chopper or Ezra or Ahsoka or whoever.

Honestly, I have no patience anymore for the entitled Star Wars fans, the ones who think everything Star Wars should be things they specifically want and nothing else.  Bad news for you dudes - your time is over and it's only gonna get worse for you.  This cartoon is not OT focused.  Many of the new movies and TV shows will not be OT focused.  There will be TONS of new Disney Star Wars characters introduced in the coming years.  And you know what?  That's OK. You might even accidentally like some of it.

I can only imagine what the world would have been like if Twitter existed in 1990s -
- "Lucasfilm, stop introducing all these lame new characters like Grand Admiral Thrawn and Mara Jade and give us a new Han and Lando book!!!"
- "KOTOR?  Try NOGAF! LOL.  Why are you wasting time on a stupid video game involving a bunch of made up characters when you could make a Luke Skywalker video game instead?
- "A whole Marvel comics series about Jedi who existed thousands of years before ANH?  WTF - we want more Luke comics!"

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version