Collectibles > The Vintage Collection

2023 TVC ROTJ Speeder Bike with Scout Trooper

(1/13) > >>

Jedi Idej:
Several days ago I saw an image from SDCC of a cardback with a Scout Trooper being one of the figures. The card was angled, the resolution wasn't sharp, and I wasn't fully awake. I could have sworn it read Dick Scout Trooper. I immediately thought we were getting a Jason Sudeikis figure from the Mandalorian.

So, yah, no.

But how great would it be if Hasbro immortalized him as that jackass?

#DickScoutTrooper

Jeff:

--- Quote from: Jedi Idej on July 26, 2022, 08:09 PM ---But how great would it be if Hasbro immortalized him as that jackass?
--- End quote ---

Well, you might get your wish.  If Hasbro is going to go through the effort of tooling up a brand new Speeder Bike/Scout Trooper for the 40th ROTJ stuff, I think it's a safe bet that we'll see a quick Mandalorian repaint of that Bike/Scout with maybe a lil bagged Grogu accessory tossed in?

Double-dipping on sculpts seems to be Hasbro's #1 rule these days.

Dave:

--- Quote from: Jeff on July 26, 2022, 10:40 PM ---Double-dipping on sculpts seems to be Hasbro's #1 rule these days.

--- End quote ---

They haven't made a speeder bike in years.  That was one of their original double-dippers where they would release everyone that was ever near a speeder bike on a speeder bike - Scout Trooper, Leia, Luke, Ewok.

Matt_Fury:

--- Quote from: Dave on July 27, 2022, 08:56 AM ---They haven't made a speeder bike in years.  That was one of their original double-dippers where they would release everyone that was ever near a speeder bike on a speeder bike - Scout Trooper, Leia, Luke, Ewok.

--- End quote ---

Honestly, if they use the speeder bike that came with the Legacy AT-AT they wouldn't have to change anything for the Mandalorian and only have to make it brown for any ROTJ release (40th anniversary is just around the corner.)

Nicklab:

--- Quote from: Matt_Fury on July 27, 2022, 09:33 AM ---
--- Quote from: Dave on July 27, 2022, 08:56 AM ---They haven't made a speeder bike in years.  That was one of their original double-dippers where they would release everyone that was ever near a speeder bike on a speeder bike - Scout Trooper, Leia, Luke, Ewok.

--- End quote ---

Honestly, if they use the speeder bike that came with the Legacy AT-AT they wouldn't have to change anything for the Mandalorian and only have to make it brown for any ROTJ release (40th anniversary is just around the corner.)

--- End quote ---

Based on the interviews from SDCC it sounds like Hasbro might be making the Speeder Bike from the ground up.  Because they were talking about making it in proportion to the figures. 

And yes, the double or even triple dip is a given.  It's just the way of things now.  And I think that with time we'll get version(s) from The Mandalorian with Scout Troopers and maybe even IG-11, as well as with Luke and Leia from Endor.  Hasbro is nothing if not predictable these days.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version