Collecting > Collector's Tips

fig care-hairspray

(1/1)

bobafett14:
I have my upstairs wall covered in figs in protecto packs.  One thing I noticed this week while dusting the cases off is that the ones right outside the bathroom door had a huge buildup of what appeared to be dust, it actually ened up being the wife's hairspray reside(basically a white dust)

I used a wet paper towel to wipe the cases, but I noticed a few no matter how much you wiped, a few of the cases had kind of a "rough" feel to them on top, so it appears that the hairspray may actually break down(or blend into) the plastic ever so slightly.

So,  gotta remember to try to keep any figs/bubbles away from hairspray.

Just an FYI.

CHEWIE:
Yikes... damn hairspray

:P

CorranHorn:
when you say a rough feel to it, does that mean the plastic was by chance harder? I've been looking for a way to improve the durability of the Saga Battle Droids and I thought hairspray might be a way to do it. Just haven't tried as of yet.

bobafett14:
No it actually almost looks like it reacts with the plastic and gives it a fine sandpaper type of coarse finish.  Hard to explain, becasue other cases I cleaned and the hairspray actually gave the cases a very smooth glossy look, and actually seemed to get rid of light surface scratches (go figure).

Navigation

[0] Message Index

Go to full version