Collecting > Collector's Tips

Moving a collection

<< < (2/4) > >>

bobafett14:
When I moved, the only 2 items to not survive were my R2 Pepsi cooler (the dome cracked) and my Don Post Vader Mask(the helmet cracked).  This was in the same UHaul same trip, had some stuff stacked that shifted and fell on both these items.  It was the last trip and almost everything was in boxes, since these 2 don't easily box, I put them kind of on top of everything-well-it didn't work.

My advise-don't try to cram too much stuff into huge boxes.  Smaller easy to carry boxes work well.

More $$$ items, put those up front with you or in passenger seats, etc. Don't lump them in a pile with everything else.

Watch when stacking, lots of stuff can easily be crushed very quickly with too much weight

Remember if something could go wrong...it might.

Matt_Fury:
I'm getting ready to move again and spent today packing up stuff that was not already in rubbermaid bins awaiting the collection room I'll have in our new house.

Luckily, I kept all the boxes for my MR sabers so they should be just fine with the movers.  Also, all my carded figures (with the exception of my ROTS figures) are in protecto paks so they should survive just about anything.

It's nice that we're just moving from Ft Collins to Colorado Springs....our stuff will be loaded onto the truck one day and delivered to our house the next...no three months in storage like when I moved from NC to Alaska!  :o

clonebuyer111:
so it is better to move your collections your self? or put it together with your other stuff in the moving truck?

Morgbug:

--- Quote from: clonebuyer111 on May 14, 2008, 06:49 PM ---so it is better to move your collections your self? or put it together with your other stuff in the moving truck?

--- End quote ---

Is the mover insured?  For how much and what conditions are put on stuff. 

I had my stuff in a bunch of rubbermaid tubs taped closed.  They were sequentially numbered too so I could check quickly if they were safely delivered. 

I moved my more valuable stuff myself though. 

poodachoo:
i had to move my collection 5,000 km by car i found after moving for the fifth time that postage boxes

are the best and a handy method of standing loose figures upright in a kind of mosh pit situation works well they seem to hold each other upright reducing the risk of bending.the bt box fits x4 into a removalist box perfectly and i made sure i transported them :)

I refer to all things in metric and most everything is related to Australian items such as the boxes.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version